Transport Tycoon CD Version

Problems with Transport Tycoon?
Sparkius Fire
Engineer
Engineer

Transport Tycoon CD Version

Post by Sparkius Fire »

Hi, after years of looking in the wrong places i FINALLY got my grubby mitts on a CD version of TTD. yay me. However before it arrived my laptop died. So I ordered a new one. Came in a box all nice and shiny. AND packing windows 7 so when I put the disc in it basically says "windows 7" is too powerful so ha ha you cant play this. How do I get it to work??? Please I'm desperate now. Thanks in advance x x
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Transport Tycoon CD Version

Post by Level Crossing »

My best guess is to run it in Compatibility Mode for an earlier version of Windows (right-click on the icon and select properties (IIRC)).
Like my avatar? See my screenshot thread
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

That's not going to work either.
The dos version of ttd can be run in dosbox. The windows version only works on win 95/98/ME (i'm mot that sure about ME). If you insist on running plain ttd your best bet is to run one of these windowses as a virtual pc and put ttd in there.
Sparkius Fire
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sparkius Fire »

Right I have compatability mode, have tried dropping all files in there but its not happening. I'm a bit of a noob to be honest when it comes to W7. So how do I run it as a virtual PC, the only option given is to open the bit where you drop files in. As for the dosbox option, went to the site and there are a lot of downloads there, which one do I need?
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Compatibility mode isn't going to help here. You need the actual old Windows version. So apart from virtual pc software you need to actually own a copy of one of those old Windowses. Then you install that Windows inside the virtual pc software which runs on your Windows 7. As for virtual pc software I recommend VirtualBox. There should be plenty of guides on the internet how to use that.

As for Doxbox, you need this download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dosbox/ ... e/download

Return to “Problems”