Trouble with new grf sets

Problems with Transport Tycoon?
Cavey5681
Engineer
Engineer

Trouble with new grf sets

Post by Cavey5681 »

hi, have loaded new grf set or new road vehicles ( logging trucks, tractors etc) but although they use the same depots as normal do they need different tracks aswell as different loading/unloading depots? pls help.
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Trouble with new grf sets

Post by oberhümer »

No, they don"t.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

some of the articulated vehicles will need drive-through depots, that's probably the problem you're having. :wink:
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

You mean drive-through stations, right?
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

neg wrote:You mean drive-through stations, right?
sorry yeh, or maybe drive-through bus stops to stop all confusion.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Is this problem a 100% OpenTTD problem?
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

No, it's the same in TTDPatch
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

OK, I was wondering as I found a report that suggested this should be moved to OpenTTD Problems :).
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Hyronymus wrote: OK, I was wondering as I found a report that suggested this should be moved to OpenTTD Problems .
The OP´s problem
Cavey5681 wrote: hi, have loaded new grf set [...]
is not a "Transport Tycoon Problem", as Transport Tycoon doesn´t support "new grf sets". So, it´s either a TTDPatch problem, an OTTD problem or a newgrf problem. In any case, it isn´t linked with original TTD in any way.

[Originally, it´s an OTTD problem simply because the OP is using OTTD.]

BTW, thanks for moving the other posts.

regards
Michael
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

michael blunck wrote:So, it´s either a TTDPatch problem, an OTTD problem or a newgrf problem
Or, as in the case of this topic, a problem common to TTDPatch and OpenTTD, in which case it might as well be posted in the "Transport Tycoon" section.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Yexo wrote:
mb wrote: So, it´s either a TTDPatch problem, an OTTD problem or a newgrf problem
Or, as in the case of this topic, a problem common to TTDPatch and OpenTTD, in which case it might as well be posted in the "Transport Tycoon" section.
That´s a misinterpretation. Only common to TTDPatch and OTTD in case of an original TTD feature, not with respect to a particular problem in TTDPatch or OTTD. Take a look on the sub-forums descriptions:
Transport Tycoon.png
Transport Tycoon.png (9.24 KiB) Viewed 3641 times
E.g., "why are there no forests in my arctic game", "where are the forests in tropic", "how to build 'double trains'", "cannot build any trains", "why are my trains not loading anything", "why don´t my trains make any money", "installation problems", "how to get a better ranking", "unable to build more stations", "problem with signal handling", "I cannot build any stations", "competitor stealing goods", "I can't get my train to load", ..., may be all valid questions in this section.

OTOH, questions like: "have loaded new grf set", "suggestion about the GRF Configuration", "Upgrading my version of OpenTTD", "I download the latest version of openttd", "I do not know how I install the AI", "TTDPatch wont load in Vista", "Im using a cargodist OTTD", "no trams available", "for some reason I don't have tram rails", "i have a problem with openttd 7.3", "I'm using version 0.7.3", "I am trying to install open ttd and I can not", "I used openTTD on ubuntu 9.04", "how to install stuff like 'Generic Tram Set' for OpenTTD Stable 0.7.0", "0.7.2 cars problem", "(client) not responding for 4 game days", "problem with TTDLoadW.ovl", "help me with a hosting problem", ..., etc, pp, to no end, are all ill-posted in this section.

I´m aware that there are cases which are not easy to categorize. The problem is with the vast amount of postings which are explicitly ill-posted.

In fact, the majority of recent postings is ill-placed here. Interestingly, I´m not alone with this idea, many forum members seem to feel the same, included a certain "Yexo". 8)

regards
Michael

Return to “Problems”