Train won't go past a green signal

Problems with Transport Tycoon?
Appeltje
Engineer
Engineer

Train won't go past a green signal

Post by Appeltje »

I've got kind of a weird problem.

Every now and then a train stands still for a signal while it is green.
It will go after a while by itself, or when I reverse the direction of the train.

Can this be a bug? Or does someone know how to solve this.
It's really annoying because almost all my trains drive on the same track, so sometimes all my trains get stuck because of this.

I've added a save file.
Attachments
example.sav
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 142 times
RTG
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Train won't go past a green signal

Post by RTG »

Glad to see i'm not the only one.

I've played for ages with 0.7.1 without this happening once, but as i just started with 0.7.5 this is happening all the time.

It seems it occurs when one train breakdowns naturally on a rail and then other trains behind it will wait at the next signal (as they should). Then when the broken down train resumes, one of the trains behind it halting behind a red sign, which then turns green, will stay put behind that green light. That way I've gotten several huge blockages and it sucks pretty badly in my style of creating rail networks.

Just as appeltje says, trains can be manually started again by turning them around or sending them to depot... unless you would like to wait for them to resume on their own.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: Train won't go past a green signal

Post by DaleStan »

That fails to be a TTD save game. Please tell us what game you are playing, and, in the future, post in the forum designated for that game.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “Problems”