No Trams, Monorail or Maglev available

Problems with Transport Tycoon?
iahclarke
Engineer
Engineer

No Trams, Monorail or Maglev available

Post by iahclarke »

Hi all, apologies if this has already been covered but couldn't see any solutions for the problem in any of the recent posts.

I am running TTD PATCH 2.5 BETA and am unable to build maglev or monorail tracks, even all the way up to 2040. I can build tram tracks from 1950 but there are never any vehicles available for purchase from the tram bays.

I'm thinking I don't have a tram set installed - does anyone know where I can find one please?

I have no idea why the option to build maglev/monorail tracks never appears - the electric rail option appears fine around 1975.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Ian
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: No Trams, Monorail or Maglev available

Post by petert »

Are you using any NewGRFs that would affect MagLev/Monorail?

Here is the Generic Tram Set, http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=32441
iahclarke
Engineer
Engineer

Post by iahclarke »

It's just the completely unmodified, standard version of Transport Tycoon Deluxe, as downloadable from [url=http://www.abandonia.com/en/downloadgam ... ndonia.com[/url].

I haven't installed any additional grfs although looking at the grf status panel, I can't see any maglev, monorail or tram grfs in there at all. Is there a patch that could fix this maybe? I don't know how to install grf's myself... will have a look around the site and see if i can figure it out... :?:
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

I'm not exactly sure how to install GRFs on TTDPatch, but on OpenTTD just place them in your /data directory. Contact the FAQ.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

petert wrote:I'm not exactly sure how to install GRFs on TTDPatch, but on OpenTTD just place them in your /data directory. Contact the FAQ.
Time for you to learn then methinks, it's fairly simple.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Badger wrote:Time for you to learn then methinks, it's fairly simple.
That, or shut up (petert, not Badger) when someone explicitly asks about Patch.

Clarke: The Manual is your friend.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “Problems”