No forests :S

Problems with Transport Tycoon?
shorty205
Engineer
Engineer

No forests :S

Post by shorty205 »

When I play the snowy map or the desert map I get no forests for wood? Any ideas why :S I have tried reinstall and repatch but still no forests appear for me :S
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: No forests :S

Post by petert »

Check if you have trees turned off, in OpenTTD, click the wrench and click on transparency options. Then enable trees.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

There's another industry used for producing wood in Alpine and Tropic climate.

You will have to build a Lumber Mill. In tropic, it can only be built on grass tiles. It will proceed to chop down the natural, the normal, trees around it. You will have to plant new ones manually every now and then or no trees will be chopped down. When cutting down the trees around it, the industry will produce wood which is used the same way as wood would be used in Temperate :) Hope it helps!

Edit: Post 10 000, wawee!
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

The Arctic Climate has forests, but only above the snow line.
They look the same as temperate ones but covered with snow.

The Tropical Climate doesn't have forest industries, as far as I remember.
You instead have the Lumber Mill which exists in areas of the map covered with trees.

[Edit] Same as Chrill said for the 'tropical' Climate.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."

Return to “Problems”