Running a network game.

Problems with Transport Tycoon?
nisse
Engineer
Engineer

Running a network game.

Post by nisse »

i can´t play ttd (windows version) in multiplayer, i have tried both ipx and tcp/ip
after a time, when e try to build my first vehicle, ttd crash. I run it under win xp, but i remeber having this problem some years ago when i was running win 98 to.

Any ideas?

//nisse
Omnislash
Forum Co-Founder
Forum Co-Founder

Post by Omnislash »

Yes there are a few bugs in it. Try the latest veriosn of the patch. See if that makes a difference. http://publish.uwo.ca/~jdrexler/ttdpatch/

Matt Gillard
ImageImageImageImageImage
Ildefonse
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

No, patch doesn´t solve the problem

Post by Ildefonse »

We have tried the latest patch on TTD, but still when we build our first road vehicle or plane it crashes. Trains work fine though...

Please someone FIX this!!
I made that! ;)
Omnislash
Forum Co-Founder
Forum Co-Founder

Post by Omnislash »

Hi

There is another thing you can try. Download the DOS version of Transport Tycoon Deluxe. There are a lot more muliplayer options in there that allow you to play over the internet and other things. Although I can´t seem to get the DOS version of the patch to work on Win XP give it a try. Could just be my installtion of XP. Let me know how you get a long. Meantime I´ll try to get a network game going and see if I get the same result.

Matt Gillard
Ildefonse
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Hmmm

Post by Ildefonse »

No, the DOS version won´t run under XP at all. I had it running on 98 some tiem ago though, without patches even, and that worked fine, also over the network. But i can´t remember the dos version having Internet play support ?? What was it, TCP/IP? I thought it was just local too. Another thing that indeed should be improved is the use TCP/IP, and i mean specifyable IP addres...

I want to play multiplyaerrrrrrr..... :((
I made that! ;)
Ildefonse
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Patch

Post by Ildefonse »

I have read on the TTD patch page that the Bug is already know. I´ve sent the maker an email asking how the current situation is. When I get a reply I will let ou know here.

Adam
I made that! ;)
Marquis
Engineer
Engineer

Same problem under XP

Post by Marquis »

Yes i have the same problem, tried with different settings, nothing worked. It just crashes! I´ve e-mailed the maker of this Patch before and let´s hope he´s going to fix it soon :]
Omnislash
Forum Co-Founder
Forum Co-Founder

Post by Omnislash »

I see what you mean mate. Crashes here too. Emailing Josef Drexler was a good idea. Because he can try and fix the bug in the next patch release. Lets hope so!!! :D

Yes Ildefonse having more network and internet play options would be nice. But you have to remember back when the game was releashed TCP/IP and advanced networking was rare.

If you could let us know that would be grand. Thanks people!!
Marquis
Engineer
Engineer

Got mail from J.Drexler

Post by Marquis »

Here it is :(

> >I was just wondering, are you planning to fixing that vehicle-bug
> >problem also?
>
> I can´t. I don´t have XP, nor do I have another computer
> for multiplayer
> games.
>
> I might fix it accidentally, but when or if that happens,
> well, don´t ask me...
Omnislash
Forum Co-Founder
Forum Co-Founder

Post by Omnislash »

Thats annoying

Is there anyone that has XP and a network that could do it? I have no programming knowledge at all apart from HTML so I won´t know where to start :(

We´ll just have to wait. Sorry people.

Matt Gillard
Wezz6400
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Wezz6400 »

I checked the website today and there is allready a bèta which should fix the problem so the waiting will be over soon! :)
Ildefonse
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Yes people..

Post by Ildefonse »

I have gotten the same reply from him, that he doesnt have XP nor network PC´s etc. But indeed on the website the problem seems to be going to be addressed soon (i hope).

[EDIT]
In fact, the BETA 3 is already there to download, so it should be fixed already!
[/EDIT]

Anyway, I think quake 2 came out at about the same year as TTD (1995) and that game had TCP/IP support. So who knows if it could perhaps be implemented even now too for TT.

What I´d like is a cooperative mode for TT, so you can work together as a team building the most insane networks ;)

Cheers,

Adam (from Netherlands)
Last edited by Ildefonse on 28 Apr 2002 19:38, edited 1 time in total.
I made that! ;)
Ildefonse
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

IT WORKS

Post by Ildefonse »

Indeed the beta 3 allows other vehicles to be built in a multiplayer game without crashing the game. However, wood trucks for trains still cause the same crash. I have mailed Josef Drexler about this already.

Greets,

Adam
I made that! ;)
Omnislash
Forum Co-Founder
Forum Co-Founder

Post by Omnislash »

Thats excellent news. Hoepfully with the final realse of the patch it will have fixed it completely. Thanks for the info mate. ^^

Matt Gillard
Ildefonse
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Ildefonse »

When my friend is back from holiday next week we will test the multiplayer aspects thoroughly and if we find more bugs I will inform Josef Drexler. Hopefully that way we will end up with a fully playable multiplayer version of TT.

Adam
I made that! ;)

Return to “Problems”