15-min Delay Repay

Take a break from playing the game and chat here about real-world transportation issues!

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

15-min Delay Repay

Post by JamieLei »

To be introduced on South Western, West Midlands and South Eastern, and then looking into retrospectively putting it into other franchises.

15 minutes delay would get 1/4 of the Single fare back.

https://www.railnews.co.uk/news/2016/10 ... ed-to.html
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: 15-min Delay Repay

Post by Redirect Left »

Read as: How to bankrupt Northern, Southern & Grand Central in one swoop, should they be included in it.

:mrgreen:
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Ooooo, Delay Repay, I do have a question about it. Yesterday, one of my trains was delayed by 32 minutes, so on a normal ticket, I would be eligible for Delay Repay AFAIK. However, I was on a day ranger, so am I still eligible to claim it?
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I'm not sure if they officially do come under delay repay, but i've dealt with passengers who did manage to get a refund on rover tickets. Sometimes they seem to get a bit irritable about it though with rovers due to the heavy discount that already comes with them.

I always offer people the delay repay forms and encourage them to go to the booking office to discuss it, so I have had some positive results with rovers, not sure if out of goodwill or they actually are covered. As how do you prove you were delayed on a rover ticket with so many possible journeys?
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

I actually don't know how it works with rovers and rangers, since you don't know how many journeys have been made, and thus what proportion of the ticket fare is to be refunded.
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Redirect Left wrote:As how do you prove you were delayed on a rover ticket with so many possible journeys?
As I was working at the time, I was keeping a pretty decent record of the journey's that I made, and the onward Journey's that I was going to make, and as this was the Penultimate journey, there wasn't any time to catch up the time that I had lost! Even cost me a taxi fare in Burton (which I would not recommend going to!)

Anyway, I've claimed it, London Midland have an option for Day Rangers/Rovers, so that's at least made me feel a little bit more positive about it! I have only claimed it on the section that I was delayed on, between Nuneaton and Tamworth, I'm not sure if I would have been able to claim it all the way to Burton, even though the Delay had made me miss my connection.
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Pilot wrote:
Redirect Left wrote:As how do you prove you were delayed on a rover ticket with so many possible journeys?
As I was working at the time, I was keeping a pretty decent record of the journey's that I made, and the onward Journey's that I was going to make, and as this was the Penultimate journey, there wasn't any time to catch up the time that I had lost! Even cost me a taxi fare in Burton (which I would not recommend going to!)

Anyway, I've claimed it, London Midland have an option for Day Rangers/Rovers, so that's at least made me feel a little bit more positive about it! I have only claimed it on the section that I was delayed on, between Nuneaton and Tamworth, I'm not sure if I would have been able to claim it all the way to Burton, even though the Delay had made me miss my connection.
I reckon that claiming it on the entire single-leg journey would have been appropriate. For example if you were going from Nuneaton to Sheffield via Tamworth and Sheffield, then that would be appropriate if they had made you miss your connection.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Going back to this then, just received a letter through the Post from London Midland, and they are going to pay me! :D I've been refunded half the value of my day ranger, so happy days! :mrgreen:

Return to “Real-World Transport Discussion”