Mysterious CBRD poster...

Take a break from playing the game and chat here about real-world transportation issues!

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Dave

Mysterious CBRD poster...

Post by Dave »

I wonder who this is!
Attachments
image.png
(445.66 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Mysterious CBRD poster...

Post by orudge »

I didn't know you perused CBRD. That said, there do appear to be a few TT-Forums members on SABRE, and a few SABRE members who enjoy TTD (Chris being one of them, at least in the past). :)

There also seems to be further overlap between SABRE and RailUK Forums, which itself has overlap with TT-Forums.

It's a small world out there, even on the Internet it seems - there are a few other sites I read regularly (e.g., a516digital.com, ispreview.co.uk, revk.uk) and some of the commentators appear to read the same sites (and I'm sure I've spotted at least one TT-Forums/SABRE member commenting on some of those sites too!).
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

I like CBRD and have lurked on SABRE though never actually bothered to register.
Translink
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Translink »

God, do I hate those bloody traffic lights. A few years back Fermanagh District Council thought it a good idea to replace the roundabout on Enniskillen town's busiest junction with traffic lights. They were regretting it 2 months later and everybody hates the darn things.
Dave

Post by Dave »

orudge wrote:I didn't know you perused CBRD. That said, there do appear to be a few TT-Forums members on SABRE, and a few SABRE members who enjoy TTD (Chris being one of them, at least in the past). :)

There also seems to be further overlap between SABRE and RailUK Forums, which itself has overlap with TT-Forums.

It's a small world out there, even on the Internet it seems - there are a few other sites I read regularly (e.g., a516digital.com, ispreview.co.uk, revk.uk) and some of the commentators appear to read the same sites (and I'm sure I've spotted at least one TT-Forums/SABRE member commenting on some of those sites too!).
I love it. Read it back to front. I really enjoy his writing style.

Flickr

orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Have you read Pathetic Motorways? It's written in a somewhat similar style, and some of it can be quite interesting stuff.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

orudge wrote:Have you read Pathetic Motorways? It's written in a somewhat similar style, and some of it can be quite interesting stuff.
Everytime I read anything from Manchester in the "Unbuilt" section on there, I wish they had actually been built. Many of them are so badly needed now!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Absolutely love sitting with the site on my phone and google maps on my tablet. Especially in Manchester, intended lines are very traceable!

I registered for a SABRE account but the Sabristi are intense!!!

Flickr

Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

orudge wrote:Have you read Pathetic Motorways? It's written in a somewhat similar style, and some of it can be quite interesting stuff.
Love that site. Especially when they do special features on particular areas etc. like Tyneside.

As for motorways that should have been built featured on that site the completed M67 is one that would have been sensible...
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Kevo00 wrote:As for motorways that should have been built featured on that site the completed M67 is one that would have been sensible...
I completely agree! Getting from Manchester to Sheffield is an absolute nightmare, what with the main roads being rather susceptible to bad weather, and with Hope Valley line not being the greatest (the old Woodhead route was more direct).
siu238X
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by siu238X »

orudge wrote:I didn't know you perused CBRD. That said, there do appear to be a few TT-Forums members on SABRE, and a few SABRE members who enjoy TTD (Chris being one of them, at least in the past). :)

I had commented on a CBRD entry as well, albeit with a different screen name and have never visited the location in concern.

CBRD is in my 2nd tier of most visited sites (not first because it doesn't update daily).

And I visit SABRE forums almost bi-daily (though I didn't register).

I had even participated in one London Reconnections monthly meetup.

Gotta admit it's pretty strange for a person only set foot on Great Britain once.

Return to “Real-World Transport Discussion”