Singapore bus stop with phone chargers

Take a break from playing the game and chat here about real-world transportation issues!

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Singapore bus stop with phone chargers

Post by JamieLei »

This is interesting.

As cars become more convenient, it's interesting to see how public transport can keep up.
Phone charges seem an excellent idea, if they can avoid being vandalised! Perhaps only in Singapore... or until wireless charging becomes a thing!

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sin ... ?cid=fbcna
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Re: Singapore bus stop with phone chargers

Post by Pilot »

I actually meant to take of picture of this whilst I passed it, but a bus stop in Manchester (on Piccadilly) is having Wireless Charging points installed. Very few phones will be able to use them however, and I'm unsure as to how many people would be willing to leave their phones on a little table like thing (especially in an area where currently there are a lot of homeless people).
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Singapore bus stop with phone chargers

Post by Redirect Left »

Arriva buses in Yorkshire have USB charging ports. Wonderful idea, except people keep shoving chewing gum in them and rendering them useless. Of course if it's wireless charging, there isn't anything to gum up...
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.

Return to “Real-World Transport Discussion”