Abellio wins Greater Anglia franchise

Take a break from playing the game and chat here about real-world transportation issues!

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Abellio wins Greater Anglia franchise

Post by Redirect Left »

Pilot wrote:
Redirect Left wrote:I believe after the new fleet is delivered, TPE are keeping just short of 30 of the 185s. That's far too many for that one route, I wonder where the rest are going to be kept running?
Scarborough/Middlesbrough lines will still be diesel
Ah, I'll still be seein 185s on a daily basis, and probably catching them mostly. I do love the 185s, a banner at Huddersfield used to state they'll be refreshed to 'as new' standard internally too. Not sure if the banner disappeared as TPE was going back on that promise, or simply normal rotation of banners though...
Pilot wrote:
Redirect Left wrote:Also, apparently 4 of the 185s are loaned to Northern on a daily basis, do they carry any Northern branding?
I've not seen any of those on hire to Northern, however, if it's anything like when TPE loaned the Class 156s, there will be a little paper banner in the Window with "Northern" written on it.
Genuinely curious now, does anyone know where they run? I've got a week off, could just go and find out myself! I'm assuming over the routes that Northern took over from them, Windermere, Barrow in Furness sort of area?
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Redirect Left wrote:Genuinely curious now, does anyone know where they run? I've got a week off, could just go and find out myself! I'm assuming over the routes that Northern took over from them, Windermere, Barrow in Furness sort of area?
Airport - Blackpool/Barrows I think. Normally run as a pair to Preston, then split there to go to each destination (much like TPE used to do). This train seems to be a definite likelihood, as it has First Class Seating and a Trolley Service apparently, not a common thing on your regular Northern service as I'm sure you're aware ;) http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/Y ... 0/advanced
Dave

Post by Dave »

NoMorePacers wrote:
Pilot wrote:
Dave wrote:but I'm not head of network rail!
Why not Dave?! I'm sure you'd be the perfect head of NR :lol:
Yes, sure. Just make sure the Chancellor is ready to allow NR to increase it's deficit spending.

In all seriousness, GOBLIN would be easy. Wires at both ends, plus at South Tottenham. Would be like dot-to-dot. Just need to wire up the Transpennine, Cross Country, Midland Main Line, Newcastle-Carlisle, Birmingham-Peterborough, the bits from Springburn and Cumbernauld to Edinburgh Waverley, Ely-Peterborough, Breckland Line, the bit to Ipswich, the Felixstowe branch, the South Humberside Main Line, Immingham Dock, Drax, Eggborough and Ferrybridge power stations, and the line to Hull; bingo, electric freight trains can use the ECML and MML.
Hilarious. Aims what seems like a dig at me about spending then goes on to name incredibly expensive electrification projects ;) never mind, I know it's in jest.

Goblin is easy because it's happening! I see engineering vehicles every weekend! I can hear the locos and engineering stuff from my bed at night. In a couple of weeks the whole thing shuts down til next summer.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...

Return to “Real-World Transport Discussion”