Your current bus journey.

Take a break from playing the game and chat here about real-world transportation issues!

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

teccuk
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Your current bus journey.

Post by teccuk »

Operators do love their X1s eh?

If I ran a bus I'd have a route J3782b.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

teccuk wrote:Operators do love their X1s eh?

If I ran a bus I'd have a route J3782b.
I'd say X1 would be a bit of a symbol statement or something along those lines. J3782b just sounds like a mess, and that said, I don't think it would fit on the displays.
Dave

Post by Dave »

I might be wrong but I THINK he was joking, love.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

I'm sure the people of Jersey would appreciate you nicking one of their number plates ;)

On topic, last on a DAF/Wright bus, Arriva DW503 on the 60. Nice little bus. Also nice we are getting some comfy seats.
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Major disruption on Thameslink with everything running an hour late; took the 63 bus instead to get across the core. Driver looked a bit bemused when I got out all the rail staff ID to try and get on the bus!
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
teccuk
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by teccuk »

Dave wrote:I might be wrong but I THINK he was joking, love.
Tee hee. Yes. Thanks Dave.
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

It is disgusting o clock in the morning. I am currently on the 0330 National Express 205 Service from Bournemouth to Heathrow Airport with a due time of 6am. We are currently passing through Ringwood and I feel like excrement. Bus is ok but only about 5 people on board including a BA flight attendant...
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

EXTspotter wrote:We are currently passing through Ringwood and I feel like excrement.
For a moment I thought we were in the POO topic!
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Not a current journey, but the fun that I had yesterday trying to get across Manchester yesterday.

Firstly, I had just missed my usual bus to Manchester, and would have had to wait half an hour for the next one, and instead, decided to walk into Chadderton.
59 from Chadderton as far as Bowker Vale on a First Greater Manchester Enviro 400. This bus normally goes to Manchester, but it was stopping short due to the Irish Festival Parade.
Next I got on the tram from Bowker Vale to Victoria, before walking across Manchester to Deansgate-Castlefield and getting another tram to Sale.
19 from Sale to Sale Moor Norris Road on an Arriva Manchester Wright/VDL Pulsar 2.

On my return, I walked up to Sale and caught the tram to Piccadilly Gardens, trying to hide my shirt a little bit (never wear a City Shirt past Old Trafford just after the match! :lol: )

Once again, I just miss my usual bus back to Oldham, so I had to get on a bus that I wasn't sure of, I immediately regretted it, but it was still better than waiting an hour for the next bus!
81 from Manchester Oldham Street to Oldham Bus Station on a First Greater Manchester Enviro 300, which seems to go half way around the world on it's way there!
408 from Oldham Bus Station to Oldham Hospital on a Stagecoach Enviro 200.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Excuse the language, but this is why I avoid buses where possible (despite the only Public transport to where I live being Buses..
)
Screenshot_20161216-212551.png
(299.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The Parisiens run better services than this whilst striking!
ja`
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ja` »

Maybe driver had a pause? Every employee deserves a statutory break. In this case, carrier should add a brigade (maybe huge delayes had happen before?).
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

The timetables for the bus and train services in Newcastle are controlled by so called timetable experts in Sydney.

A few years ago if I wanted to travel from home into the Newcastle City I would catch a bus from my home to Cardiff Railway station thence get a train into Newcastle.

But the service and times suppose to have been improved. To do the same journey now I need to catch two buses to get to Cardiff, train to Hamilton and another bus Hamilton to Newcastle .. isn't that a great improvement .. not. :x

Some bus drivers tell me the people who made these new timetables never been on a bus or train in their life .. :D
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Some "early" morning bus w***... currently sat on a 2001 vintage rattly double decker Alexander piece of crap on my way into Manchester (as part of my journey to MK today). Stuck in all the traffic on the way into town too...
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

My last journey on bus was actually on a "travel" company (this sounds confusing, but what's referred as "travel" down here are minibuses and small busses that at most carries less than 20 people). Scheduled to depart on 23:00 local time, but actually departed very close to 00:00, arriving late to where I'm departing but is something completely expected for the previous journey it took. It speed the way to my destination- arrived in 1h15m for a total travel distance of 120 km ! Mind you that the highway inbetween is very bendy and very downhill, and it's certainly not the best surfaced highway in the world. Quite thrilling...
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Currently on First Manchester's ALX400 30894 as the final 182 of the day, from Manchester back home. Have a good night all!

Return to “Real-World Transport Discussion”