Your CURRENT train journey?

Take a break from playing the game and chat here about real-world transportation issues!

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Your CURRENT train journey?

Post by Kevo00 »

0910 Donny - Edinburgh. 91 named Blaydon Races. VTEC proving shambolic though as kicked off early at Newcastle because the train was needed to go back to London as another 225 set had broken down. Now on a late running 1050ish departure from Newcastle. Smells oddly of smoke in here...
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Currently aboard 91127 to KGX from Leeds. I'm only on it until Wakefield Westgate though. Managed to get from Brockholes through Huddersfield then Leeds and even a short trip on a HST for just £3.90. Was surprised when conductor said the ticket would be perfectly valid for any route to Wakefield through Hud/Leeds for just that price.

I am assuming it's valid for that price because the usual route for 3.90 straight from HUD to WKK/WKF doesn't run Sundays.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sounds about right. Good cop for 4 quid.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Makes me wonder if there are other cheap cumbersome routes that can be found on Sundays due to normal route not running...

Something for me to do to pass time!
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Had a nice seat booked on the 0735 TPE from Doncaster as far as Man Piccadilly. That train has been inexplicably cancelled somewhere between Barnetby and Donny so now relegated to a Nothern 142 to Sheffield, where I'm hoping to pick up a connection that I know has at least started from Nottingham.

Fun fact - Mexbrough station has a fish tank in its waiting room.
teccuk
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by teccuk »

Laaast trayn to Execetur. Caaalin aaat Nayzea, Yaaattun, Weston, and sum uvver playzez.

The cider express.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Birmingham New Street to Milton Keynes Central. For some reason the train is crawling with BTP officers. Trying to keep a low profile by posting on the internet as a result.

All in all a bit of a rubbish visit to the second city to watch my old uni side get beaten comprehensively in the BUCS cup.
Clemo56
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Clemo56 »

I'm on a 4 car class 380 emu going from lanark to glasgow central! Talking about ticket prices, a montly ticket to get to work in glasgow costs me £170.... £30 less than a months rent!! Rediculous
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Oh how I wish I was paying £200 per month in rent...!
And down here in the south, an identical commuting distance into London would cost almost £300!

I'd be interested to know if the Tory manifesto pledge of RPI+0% for all regulated tickets (which includes almost every single season ticket) applies in devolved Scotland, or if the SNP could jack it up if they suddenly found themselves short of cash!
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Currently sat on 390130, the 1100 Euston to Manchester Piccadilly, Coach H, Seat 38. Nice and comfortable journey so far, just need the drunks to hurry up!
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Currently aboard 158787, on the 2135 service from Huddersfield to Wakefield Westgate. Train is devoid of logos, hopefully Arriva keep it like that instead of butchering their uninspired new Northern logo on it.
Awesometrains
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: TRUMP

Post by Awesometrains »

Trump wrote:
Trump wrote: Quite possibly! I was actually trying to look out for you as we were at Stevenage :) .
I would have been shutting doors from the front up towards the middle :P
Was it the one into platform 1, or the crazily packed one with people nearly hanging out the windows?
small world then , huh
Qa'pla!
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Awesometrains wrote:
Trump wrote:
Trump wrote: Quite possibly! I was actually trying to look out for you as we were at Stevenage :) .
Was it the one into platform 1, or the crazily packed one with people nearly hanging out the windows?
small world then , huh
What's that suppose to mean...?

Looking at a couple of your recent posts (which have been moved off the forum), I'd just like to remind you that you had clocked up 3 warnings already in just under a week in December, and had a temporary ban in January. Next one isn't temporary...
Your behaviour has improved as of late and myself, as well as many others I'm sure, would prefer to see it stay that way.

So with that in mind, could you perhaps adjust your attitude, signature, and also would you kindly never quote myself, Chris, or anyone else as 'Trump' again.
Thank you, and I hope these words are taken on board this time.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

This thread seems to have escalated quickly.

I'm currently on 185102, coming home from Huddersfield to Wakefield, via Leeds. It's sunday so the HUD-WKF route isn't running, so I get a short trip on a VTEC HST there!
Awesometrains
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Awesometrains »

Geo Ghost wrote:
Awesometrains wrote:
Trump wrote:
small world then , huh
What's that suppose to mean...?

Looking at a couple of your recent posts (which have been moved off the forum), I'd just like to remind you that you had clocked up 3 warnings already in just under a week in December, and had a temporary ban in January. Next one isn't temporary...
Your behaviour has improved as of late and myself, as well as many others I'm sure, would prefer to see it stay that way.

So with that in mind, could you perhaps adjust your attitude, signature, and also would you kindly never quote myself, Chris, or anyone else as 'Trump' again.
Thank you, and I hope these words are taken on board this time.
the signature and quete and profile/avatar thing was a joke courtesy of www.newgrounds.com , and as for "small world" it means that it is small enough if to seemingly random people who are both using the same forum , end up passing each other in real life. also , what posts have been removed?
Qa'pla!
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

I was referring more in that post to quoting Chris and myself, from an old post, as 'Trump'.

Kindly don't do it. I don't appreciate it.
doktorhonig
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by doktorhonig »

I'm on the Amtrak Cascades from Seattle to Portland right now. Lots of beautiful trees here.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Went on a 222 today from Bedford to Nottingham, how come a train that is very similar to a voyager be so superior? Think it's probably due to the seating but it was quite a pleasant experience I thought. Pricey mind but it was a walk up fare.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Currently enjoying the delights of 185104, as the short formed 1E80 Liverpool Lime Street to Scarborough. I am only travelling from Piccadilly (0712 departure) to York for a meeting. Let's just say it's cozy, and running about 10 minutes late.
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Ameecher wrote:Went on a 222 today from Bedford to Nottingham, how come a train that is very similar to a voyager be so superior? Think it's probably due to the seating but it was quite a pleasant experience I thought. Pricey mind but it was a walk up fare.
:P

I love how general public and cranks have opposite opinions over whether EMT's Meridians or HSTs are better!
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.

Return to “Real-World Transport Discussion”