Map of your place's public transport

Take a break from playing the game and chat here about real-world transportation issues!

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

SpeciesX
Director
Director

Post by SpeciesX »

I was in NYC this past weekend AAK. I should have stopped by.... 8)
AAK
Chairman
Chairman

Post by AAK »

Damn right you should have. What kind of a person are you? Trying to get away with not visiting the Great AAK.
ChrisCF
Transport Empire Developer
Transport Empire Developer

Post by ChrisCF »

AAK wrote:DAmmit, you're not looking at the right tracks. Look at the station after 74th on the 7 line. You'll find it in QUeens.
You thought we all knew that already? To think I thought NYC was one of the clever parts of the US ...
Bugzilla available for use - PM for details.
geophilip2
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by geophilip2 »

ChrisCF wrote:
AAK wrote:DAmmit, you're not looking at the right tracks. Look at the station after 74th on the 7 line. You'll find it in QUeens.
You thought we all knew that already? To think I thought NYC was one of the clever parts of the US ...
:arrow: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Queens is kinda different from manhattan...The people are also different, isn't it AAK?
this is where I used to live in my avatar, not where I'm from
Dinges
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Dinges »

*sigh* what a nice public transport we have here.

We have a train coming 1 time a hour and a bus going 2 times a hour :P
Dinges

Who is the other person in me?

my Blog (dutch) - my Last.fm profile

Owner of http://ttdgraphics.cjb.net/ ! Temp addr: http://ttdgraphics.owenrudge.com/
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

Dinges wrote:*sigh* what a nice public transport we have here.

We have a train coming 1 time a hour and a bus going 2 times a hour :P
We do even better: no trains; no busses. :roll:
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
Endre
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Endre »

Here's Budapest's transport system. BTW: is it only in Hungary or have you guys also experienced that in the past few days there's always traffic jam on the streets...At 7 AM it's the same as 11 AM and 16 PM...

Tram system...

Metros...I donno how big it'll be.
Image[/img]
Indivisibiliter ac inseparabiliter
Petae
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Petae »

public transport? in schagen? lets see...
3 bussen or something? running every... hour?
virtually nothing, 10 years ago it wasn't that bad, but back then I lived in sittard (hurrey for sittard, FORUNA SITTARD IS DE BESTE!!!)
we do have trains every 30 mins, going north and south. it's about an hour by train to a'dam, and 30 mins to get to den helder
Everything is relative
Marco
Chairman
Chairman

Re: Map of your place's public transport

Post by Marco »

geophilip2 wrote:here is geneva, which is kinda bad compared to the rest of switzerland...

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/e1f9c98b ... _AROktRV_c
http://www.tpg.ch
Prof. Frink wrote:Buses In Lufbra

Lines 3, 4, 5, 7, 11, 12? And 1, 2, 6, 8, 9, 10 where are gone?
geophilip2 wrote:I have a collection of maps in my appartment and I see the new york subway map every morning while i'm sitting on the toilet. I know it by heart now
Me too (but I don't read them on the toilet...)

Lugano (my town): http://www.ferrovie.ch/ch/ticino/tpl/mappe/2002dic.pdf (since january 2001, the old network, before january 2001: http://www.ferrovie.ch/ch/ticino/tpl/ma ... al2001.jpg - there are also 30 suburban lines noot shown)

Milan tram and trolleybus lines: (I don't fint the map...however, 18 tramlines and 3 trolleybuslines)
I have lost my original user id for 20842 :(
I am one of the founders of TT-Forums! Partly...
AAK
Chairman
Chairman

Post by AAK »

geophilip2 wrote:
ChrisCF wrote:
:arrow: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Queens is kinda different from manhattan...The people are also different, isn't it AAK?
I'm sorry, I meant WRONG not right. okay...

I guess you can say the people in Queens are i bit different, or the average person anyway. Queens is full of spanish, asian and indian people, and where I live in queens is full of hispanics. Other then that, Queens is dirtier(most of it anyway). Manhattan is the island next to Queens that has all those tall skyscrapers everyone sees in movies. Most parts of manhattan seem to be inhabited by the richasses who give me no money to buy a new computer. lol. Yeah, when i go to school, I take the 7train from 82nd to 42Nd Grand Central(thats in manhattan). Then i switch to the four train and go north to Bedford Park in the bronx.
geophilip2
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by geophilip2 »

i know some people who are not rich in manhattan... anyway, once will leave the queens and take a big loft in upper west side and have 3 different computers... That's the american dream! 8)
geophilip2
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by geophilip2 »

Endre wrote:Here's Budapest's transport system. BTW: is it only in Hungary or have you guys also experienced that in the past few days there's always traffic jam on the streets...At 7 AM it's the same as 11 AM and 16 PM...
Nice but they really need to redesign their maps in budapest, because it's awful :? Was it made during the communist era?
AAK
Chairman
Chairman

Post by AAK »

Well I said MOST. Well make the half(ish). There are parts of Manhattan that look like slums. New York is great, i love the beauty of the complex subway system, but then everything is too dense and crowded and I just don't seem to enjoy living here. I like Toronto much better.
geophilip2
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by geophilip2 »

all my friends from toronto hate their city :? . and when i went there, I was not really impressed :? I prefer Vancouver and Montreal, but this is only my point of vue.
AAK
Chairman
Chairman

Post by AAK »

I don't see how anyone can hate Toronto, other than my dad. These people should be killed. I'll send my assasins at 11:00.
SpeciesX
Director
Director

Post by SpeciesX »

AAK wrote:I don't see how anyone can hate Toronto, other than my dad. These people should be killed. I'll send my assasins at 11:00.
Sorry I am busy at that time, can we push them back an hour or so?
AAK
Chairman
Chairman

Post by AAK »

Fine, how about Midnight, Eastern Time. BTW, where in New YOrk do you live?
SpeciesX
Director
Director

Post by SpeciesX »

Upstate region....which for you NYC dwellers is just about the entire state 8)
AAK
Chairman
Chairman

Post by AAK »

Close to Niagra Falls or the other side? I always travel to Toronto by bus and I cross Buffalo a lot.
Endre
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Endre »

geophilip2 wrote:Nice but they really need to redesign their maps in budapest, because it's awful :? Was it made during the communist era?
Well, that's what I could download. These are the most recent maps...There is a newer one, it's onhttp://www.bkv.hu but I couldn't export it here.
Indivisibiliter ac inseparabiliter

Return to “Real-World Transport Discussion”