Your last plane journey

Take a break from playing the game and chat here about real-world transportation issues!

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Your last plane journey

Post by Zakos »

wallyweb wrote:Anybody who willingly choses or accepts to go to Toronto is incompetent. I say this as a true Montréalais. :mrgreen:
Hit the nail on the head :lol:
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

CMH to JFK early this morning on an American Eagle CRJ 700. First plane I've been on with the new AA livery.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Last flight: ABZ-LHR on a BA A319, seat 1A. Flight departed promptly, cooked breakfast, arrived more or less on time, all fine.

Current flight: LHR-ABZ on a BA A319, seat 1A. Flight delayed due to incoming plane from Paris being late. We apparently missed our slot or similar, so have to wait until 13:30 to depart (original scheduled departure 11:50). Glad I don't have anything important to do today!
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

orudge wrote:Last flight: ABZ-LHR on a BA A319, seat 1A. Flight departed promptly, cooked breakfast, arrived more or less on time, all fine.
You're a chef for an airline? ?(

:mrgreen:
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

wallyweb wrote:You're a chef for an airline? ?(

:mrgreen:
That amused me. :mrgreen: :lol:
hydonko
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hydonko »

My last plane journey was from KEF to SXF two weeks ago.
vear
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by vear »

Last Sunday, IEV - KTW via Wizzair. Nothing exciting nor deserving a special attention happened. Flight was rather nice and comfortable as for a low-cost.
Seeing two passport control queues upon landing: EU+EEA+CH and rest of the world (the first one obviously way faster) always makes me a bit proud. Or feel like a VIP. And definitely feel a little sorry for those outside.
see my transportation photos on fotozajezdnia
Chris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Chris »

The EU/EEA/Swiss queue always seems longer!!
Screenshots

Formerly Class 165
vear
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by vear »

They don't just appear longer, they really are. But they go way faster, as all you have to do is say "Hello" and proceed. No visas, stamps, asking why you are coming to the EU etcetera.
see my transportation photos on fotozajezdnia
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

YUSS.

Trip: LPA - ARN (Gran Canaria, Spain to Stockholm-Arlanda, Sweden
Airline: TUIfly Nordic
Date: 7th August 2013
Aircraft: Boeing 767-300 ER

Finally back home from a week of vacation. I'm still pretty much white. I guess my face is a bit tan now. Perhaps I no longer look like a zombie, but instead more like a human being.

In fact, our flight was not delayed. We arrived ahead of schedule, approximately 15 minutes early, in Stockholm. It was a pleasant flight but unusually bad in-flight food (even compared to the usual nonsense)
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
red0011
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by red0011 »

Emirates EK406
Melbourne to Auckland
7:10am 28th September - In a few house time :D
Airbus A380
Seat: 86A

Going to go visit family in Auckland before heading to Hamilton for my cousins first birthday. I was on the first outbound flight from Melbourne to Auckland operated by Emirates using an a380. This is my second flight to Auckland onboard the a380. Really looking forward to it :D
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

What other A380 were you on? Qantas perhaps?

I've not yet had the pleasure of an A380. Qatar Airways say they'll start running their A380 to London when it starts though, and I've got a trip booked to the Maldives next year via Doha for my honeymoon, so I'm kind of hoping they may substitute the A340 or 77W for the A380 then. :)
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

orudge wrote:What other A380 were you on? Qantas perhaps?

I've not yet had the pleasure of an A380. Qatar Airways say they'll start running their A380 to London when it starts though, and I've got a trip booked to the Maldives next year via Doha for my honeymoon, so I'm kind of hoping they may substitute the A340 or 77W for the A380 then. :)
From what we've been told, QR should be operating A380s from LHR to DOH when they come into service. I'm sure I read they were expecting deliveries as of March '14.

Maldives ey? funnily enough I work in reservations for the Indian Ocean - the most common one I'll book is LHR-DXB-MLE. It's very rare anyone actually books a LHR-DOH-MLE. Which company did you book with out of interest?
Ukončete, prosím, výstup a nástup, dveře se zavírají
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

Griff wrote:the most common one I'll book is LHR-DXB-MLE.
Chances are high that Emirates provide A380s on long-haul flights, especially since they ordered the highest number of A380s. Other airlines such as Singapore Airlines and Qantas already have A380s serviced for long-hauled flights (such as the LHR-Asia/Oceania route)
Formerly known as UseYourIllusion.
Java Scenario Found Here - Version 2 out
[tweɪ̂ pû tɕʰì wɔ̀ mǐlɤ lû tɕʰìŋ nì pɑ́ŋmɑ̌ŋ]
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

UseYourIllusion wrote:
Griff wrote:the most common one I'll book is LHR-DXB-MLE.
Chances are high that Emirates provide A380s on long-haul flights, especially since they ordered the highest number of A380s. Other airlines such as Singapore Airlines and Qantas already have A380s serviced for long-hauled flights (such as the LHR-Asia/Oceania route)

Most on the LHR to DXB seem to be A380s, very occasionally they'll use a 777 out of LHR. Same with MAN. BHX/GLA/LGW all tend to be 777s.
Ukončete, prosím, výstup a nástup, dveře se zavírají
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

I've been on a Malaysia Airlines A380 - both upper and lower deck. I have to say it's absolutely wonderful. Upstairs they have personal storage bins in Economy!
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

My next flight will be on a Korean Air A380, so I'll be sure report back on how that goes!

Looking at JFK-ICN-HAN, then HAN-DAD, then PNH-ICN-JFK, with A380s on the first and last flights. Should be upstairs both ways!
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Griff wrote:Maldives ey? funnily enough I work in reservations for the Indian Ocean - the most common one I'll book is LHR-DXB-MLE. It's very rare anyone actually books a LHR-DOH-MLE. Which company did you book with out of interest?
Booked it with Expedia in the end, was fairly particular about when we could go and come back, and found a very nice hotel and decent flights for a reasonable price. We're flying ABZ-LHR-DOH-MLE - my main preference towards flying QR is because they're joining oneworld, so we'll earn Avios and will be able to make use of my BA Silver status (as it will be) for lounge access and so on. :) (Could only afford Economy, alas!)

Curiously enough, Emirates would send me ABZ-NCL-DXB-MLE, using Eastern Airways and their tiny J41 to NCL. Not usually an airport I'd think to connect at! It seems this was announced a couple of years ago though.
red0011
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by red0011 »

orudge wrote:What other A380 were you on? Qantas perhaps?
Both my A380 flights have been on Emirates. I had the pleasure of flying First Class :D This trip I almost got business class upgrade, but to be a good human I gave it to an elderly lady sitting next to me. I still wish I hadn't, but I feel better knowing I made her day.

I hope to fly Singapore A380 next, I will most likely fly Emirates again for my trip to Ireland (still at planning stage. MEl-DXB-DUB)
Dave

Post by Dave »

LGW-KEF - six superb days in Iceland.

KEF-LHR - gusty conditions on landing, girl next to Kate grabbed her in fright as the plane took a massive lurch to the right in the crosswind. Pilot corrected and we landed safely. Hairy moment.

These were my first two ever flights! Weird!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...

Return to “Real-World Transport Discussion”