Your Last Train Journey?

Take a break from playing the game and chat here about real-world transportation issues!

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Your Last Train Journey?

Post by andel »

1N75 into 1N25 - the 07:45 Clacton to London Liverpool Street service
Class 360 x 1 until Colchester then joined to another unit
Not too crowded
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

Destination: Lancaster
Company: Virgin
Train Class: Pendolino (390)
Details: Stank like a toilet and tiny little windows, but I was ill so I might be biased this time - I don't normally mind them :-)
Jon
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Destination: East Croydon
Company: Southern
Train Class: Class 377
Details: Snow delayed service going somewhere further south at about ten to midnight last night, had to run to the platform as it was announced at the last minute (the train arrived late into Victoria) then sat next to some deeply pissed people on their way home from partying as the train ran gradually slower and slower through the blizzard. But it got through, at least to my destination, East Croydon.
bwong
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by bwong »

Destination: Richmond Hill GO Station
Company: GO Transit
Details: Pretty smooth, the train ride was pretty scenic... But the bus ride afterwards was terrible. Women kept on complaining on the traffic
Check out some of my work
Xrufuian
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Xrufuian »

To: Little Tokyo (1st); Atlantic Ave. (2nd)
Company: Metro Rail (LACMTA)
Tram Models: Siemens P2000 (Sierra Madre - Union Station); AnsaldoBreda P2550 (Union Station - Atlantic Ave.)
Details: Was the grand opening of the Eastside Extention of the Gold Line. Also was my first trip on the Gold Line. The line was being ran as two separate lines for the day, reversing at Union Station.P2000s on the Union Station - Pasadena stretch and P2550s on the Eastside extension. I was very impressed, and the P2000s are extremely comfortable. However, the seats on the AnsladoBreda P2550s where too small, basically like kiddie seats, and over half the windows where missing. :?
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 61653 »

This was yesterday...
To: Stocksmoor
Stock: 3-car 144
TOC: Northern, obviously.

1419 service after work closed early due to snow. Sat on the unit and an announcement was made saying delay due to staff shortage caused by snow. Finally left 25mins late, conductor makes announcement apologising for delay due to "internal client error" (?). Got into Stocksmoor where i'd parked, and took 50mins to dig the car out of the snow!
I was social distancing before it was cool 8)
Formerly known as 47434
Last train journey I could be bothered to look up the headcode for: 04/02/2016, Mirfield to Batley, 2J34 1459 Huddersfield to Leeds, Northern Rail 144015
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Destination: London Euston
Company: Virgin Trains
Train Class: Class 221, 4-coach. (Super Voyager)

Details: Booked Bendydildo didn't arrive into Euston until 1 minute before the scheduled departure time, so rather than delaying for the train for half an hour or so, they dragged a 4-coach Super Voyager out of nowhere and destined it for Birmingham instead. Of course huge confusion since Pendolino seat reservations don't transfer onto a Voyager, but everyone got a seat (just...). Better a train be subsituted and arrive only 13 minutes late into Birmingham, than a cancellation - kudos to Virgin Trains when several of their Pendos are down due to the snow!
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
Dave

Post by Dave »

JamieLei wrote:kudos to Virgin Trains when several of their Pendos are down due to the snow!
Again. They never learn.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Dave Worley wrote:
JamieLei wrote:kudos to Virgin Trains when several of their Pendos are down due to the snow!
Again. They never learn.
To be fair, we get about 3 days of snow a year. The Eurostars are faring far worse...
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Been a bit of a PR oopsing for Eurostar...
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Kevo00 wrote:Been a bit of a PR oopsing for Eurostar...
Particularly on the French side where the staff have apparently been feigning all knowledge of the English language to avoid helping stranded travellers :(
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

The problem with Eurostar afaik is that the French staff are out of the control of the UK company, because the French part of Eurostar is separate, being a subsidiary of SNCF (same with the Belgian part, which is part of NMBS/SNCB). So those staff are unlikely ever to be disciplined for their stupidity...

Would love to know if the TGVs that the Eurostars are related to have been having any similar problems...
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Kevo00 wrote:Would love to know if the TGVs that the Eurostars are related to have been having any similar problems...
Interesting - researching into it atm. There have been TGV problems due to bad weather - currently trying to find out more.

http://www.lemonde.fr/societe/article/2 ... _3224.html
Le Monde wrote:Gare de Lyon : quelques TGV sont annulés en raison des intempéries, mais les voyageurs pourront en prendre d'autres.
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 61653 »

JamieLei wrote:
Kevo00 wrote:Been a bit of a PR oopsing for Eurostar...
Particularly on the French side where the staff have apparently been feigning all knowledge of the English language to avoid helping stranded travellers :(

Well, they are French staff! Reminds me of the greatest comedy sketch show ever (or at least since Python): Big Train!
I was social distancing before it was cool 8)
Formerly known as 47434
Last train journey I could be bothered to look up the headcode for: 04/02/2016, Mirfield to Batley, 2J34 1459 Huddersfield to Leeds, Northern Rail 144015
Dave

Post by Dave »

JamieLei wrote:
Dave Worley wrote:
Again. They never learn.
To be fair, we get about 3 days of snow a year. The Eurostars are faring far worse...
Brilliant fun to be had when you realise certain Pendos are fitted with Eurostar/TGV panto equipment specially rebuilt for the British gauge/voltage/etc.

These were fitted because of the snow last year. Happy days!

Flickr

Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Kevo00 wrote:Would love to know if the TGVs that the Eurostars are related to have been having any similar problems...
Probably not because they don't suffer the sudden temperature changes experience when exiting the Chunnel.
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

I am currently sitting on the 20:40 East Coast - Leeds to London King's Cross, waiting for departure on the final leg of my journey back to Peterborough for Christmas and am making full use of their wifi.
Ukončete, prosím, výstup a nástup, dveře se zavírají
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Ah, 1A48, due Peterborough 22.14. Rapidly approaching Outwood, bout 5 or so mins from Wakey Westgate.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Dave

Post by Dave »

Badger wrote:Ah, 1A48, due Peterborough 22.14. Rapidly approaching Outwood, bout 5 or so mins from Wakey Westgate.
1 Alpha 48... Are you using CCLDB? How have you managed to circumnavigate the fact they've changed the username/pass as I can't use it anymore.

Flickr

JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Dave Worley wrote:
Badger wrote:Ah, 1A48, due Peterborough 22.14. Rapidly approaching Outwood, bout 5 or so mins from Wakey Westgate.
1 Alpha 48... Are you using CCLDB? How have you managed to circumnavigate the fact they've changed the username/pass as I can't use it anymore.
I thought Badger worked for the railways and thus had legitimate use of CCLDB, unlike the rest of us. Plus TOCs such as Virgin Trains got charged per use of CCLDB (but apparently London Midland paid for unlimited access or something..)

Return to “Real-World Transport Discussion”