Planning train trip to Visé (Belgium)

Take a break from playing the game and chat here about real-world transportation issues!

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Planning train trip to Visé (Belgium)

Post by Purno »

This message is mainly directed to the Dutchies.

For several years I'm trying to drive on every railway in the Netherlands, and there's one little line left to do: Maastricht - Eijsden.

I want to go, but I'm not going alone. Therefor I'm asking if any of the regular Dutchies is interested in coming with me. The date would either be coming monday 26, thursday 29 or friday 30.

Now, do notice though that I don't want to go with total strangers. Preferebly I want to go with someone I know reasonably well, and preferebly with someone of my age (aboutish), so that'll be like 17-27 years (if your nickname is Hyronymus, an age of 29 is allowed).

Oh, you probably wonder where Visé is? It's south of Maastricht, just across the border of Belgium. Shouldn't be that expensive with a OV-studentcard :P

Anyone?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

I was planning to do trip to Leeuwarden/Groningen again and then with a GTW to Leer.

I dont know what to do in Belgium though. (On the other hand, i can drive for around 10 Euro`s to Brussels :P) with my OV-studentcard thingy :P
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Illegal_Alien wrote:I was planning to do trip to Leeuwarden/Groningen again and then with a GTW to Leer.
Invite me, if you want. I still gotta travel with the GTW too. Though I'd like to know how much a ticket to Leer would cost before I promise to go all the way to Leer.
I dont know what to do in Belgium though. (On the other hand, i can drive for around 10 Euro`s to Brussels :P) with my OV-studentcard thingy :P
Well, you could walk around at the town like Mr. X and me did in Gronau, or we can just take the next train back immediately :P
Are you interested or not?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Not realy i am more the type who goes alone, to clear up my mind and stuff :)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Shame, but ok. Anyone else? :(
Image Image
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Wish i could, closest ill be to you is visitng Amsterdam briefly this coming week. :P

Have fun if the trip works out :)
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

You are visiting Amsterdam?

That's like... 1 hour travelling for me...
Image Image
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

20 minutes for me.

Well since I work in Amsterdam, when and where will you be? I might visit you if I'm done. :D (Maybe more people can join for the afternoon and evening perhaps. :D )

Return to “Real-World Transport Discussion”