Train accidents in The Netherlands

Take a break from playing the game and chat here about real-world transportation issues!

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Daan Timmer wrote:To stay off-topic.

The rule you pointed out hyronymous was about images that are uploaded on the server itself. The server itself has a script running that will make it a link as soon as it exceeds either w > 800 or h > 600.

This does not apply to linked-images, unless the rules would be changed.
That's nitpicking. Hyro's right.
Anyway, those noses are a bit build for head-on-crashes like that AFAIK but this was clearly a big bang since the whole front is wrecked! :?
Yes, but look at the blue locomotive (forgot name). It looks all but wrecked ;) so I guess the nose worked, but I am note sure what would be a better option *next time*. ;-)
IMO, the blue locomotive (apparantly a class 66 of the ACTS) looks quite in one piece. Don't forget the class 66 has a flat nose. It seems like it was definately a lot stronger that the yellow train's (mat 64) nose (which possibly was even meant to absorb some crash energy).

I do hope the class 66 can be fixed easily. It's my favourite engine. :))

EDIT: Quote construction might be messed up.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Daan Timmer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Daan Timmer »

Purno wrote:
Daan Timmer wrote:To stay off-topic.

The rule you pointed out hyronymous was about images that are uploaded on the server itself. The server itself has a script running that will make it a link as soon as it exceeds either w > 800 or h > 600.

This does not apply to linked-images, unless the rules would be changed.
That's nitpicking. Hyro's right.
True, sure he is right, I don't doubt that ;) But if you look from it from another point of few, if that would have been the case in a real law-suite. Then he would have lost it. because it is not written properly :P :lol:

No am I not trying to offend you hyro ;-)

On the locomotive part. I am not sure what is better, either a flat-strong nose or the one that the mat. has...

Sure, it absorbs a lot of energy, however, take a look at that train, if there were passengers behind it they would have gotten serious injured. Or the train driver? I am sure the one in the class66 would have had a more *safer* collision ;)

"Your arguments are totally nothing.. They have so little meaning that its kind of funny you took the time to write them"
"your pixels aren't good enough to talk to me.. sorry"
"Random does not mean fair, and past results do not influence future occurrences." - Corbenn
Dave

Post by Dave »

Purno wrote:IMO, the blue locomotive (apparantly a class 66 of the ACTS) looks quite in one piece. Don't forget the class 66 has a flat nose. It seems like it was definately a lot stronger that the yellow train's (mat 64) nose (which possibly was even meant to absorb some crash energy).

I do hope the class 66 can be fixed easily. It's my favourite engine. :))
The 66s are like tanks! I'll be surprised if it's got any major damage at all...

That yellow train looks like a complete write-off tho. I can't imagine you'd be able to make it structurally safe for the driver after that impact.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

http://www.diesel-trein.nl/ahb826/ahb826.php

Some pictures after they have removed the trains from the track.

:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

And how's life with the cargo engine?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Dave

Post by Dave »

That really stood up quite nicely.

Flickr

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Looks fixable, fortunately.
Image Image
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Still, I wonder what happens with the driver and in general to the license ACTS has for riding on the rail network. Two accidents appearently caused by ACTS in one week just sounds bad. I guess we'll have to wait for the report of the NRTV (the Dutch NTSB).
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Hold on, 1 of ACTS (The one in Rotterdam) the one in Arnhem with a ACTS Engine but a ERS driver ;)
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Illegal_Alien wrote:Hold on, 1 of ACTS (The one in Rotterdam) the one in Arnhem with a ACTS Engine but a ERS driver ;)
Long live the railway liberalisation :!: :roll: :evil:

We are heading towards a full scale situation of where England was 10 years ago, here on the continent as well. If these are the benefits of liberalisation, then good night...
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
Dave

Post by Dave »

The Irish wrote:
Illegal_Alien wrote:Hold on, 1 of ACTS (The one in Rotterdam) the one in Arnhem with a ACTS Engine but a ERS driver ;)
Long live the railway liberalisation :!: :roll: :evil:

We are heading towards a full scale situation of where England was 10 years ago, here on the continent as well. If these are the benefits of liberalisation, then good night...
Nah... That's still happening today mate.

Bring back BR.

Flickr

Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

We almost had another one;

A Local vs a Fastservice train, they where driving on the same track near Hilversum...

http://binnenland.nieuws.nl/439769/Bijn ... _Hilversum (Dutch)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Which says, in English?

Flickr

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Two passenger trains somehow landed right behind each other on the same track.

That's it, in short.
Image Image
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Purno wrote:Two passenger trains somehow landed right behind each other on the same track.

That's it, in short.
Not behind but in collision course. (Head to head)
Dave

Post by Dave »

You have some very SPADdy drivers and some very rubbish Signallers :)

Flickr

Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

Ooh, head to head on the same track, tis like Ladbroke grove all over again, lucky nothing occured there.
Something is up with the system is this is what...the 3rd accident or near accident is so many days..it can't be a normal thing, something's got to be wrong.
Last edited by Griff on 26 Nov 2006 21:17, edited 1 time in total.
Ukončete, prosím, výstup a nástup, dveře se zavírají
Dave

Post by Dave »

To be fair, it's generally rare for it to happen. I guess people have been under pressure which has caused mistakes.

Flickr

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

They are working on the tracks at Hilversum, aren't they Purno? Maybe that has something to do with it.

Return to “Real-World Transport Discussion”