New dutch train; a Bombardier "Sprinter"

Take a break from playing the game and chat here about real-world transportation issues!

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

dave61
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by dave61 »

Thanks, I now understand all the work around Laan van NOI which has been puzzling me. Combined with the new high-speed line from Rotterdam which appears to bypass Den Haag I assume that this will mean a reduced service on the DH-Delft-Rotterdam line, am I right?
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

What about the line Amsterdam - Utrecht? they are working hard there too.
They also expanded Zaandam station recently BTW, I don't know why. :?:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

chevyrider wrote:I now saw last week that the platforms between Amersfoort and Zwolle are enlarged from 10 carriages to 12.
yes I noticed that too.

Anyways, I once heard the NS had planned to get rid of the 'Sneltrein' and let the InterCities stop at more stations (such as Hilversum). I don't know if this is related to it?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
chevyrider
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by chevyrider »

Mr. X wrote:What about the line Amsterdam - Utrecht? they are working hard there too.
That line is 4 tracks wide now instead of 2.
It's prepared for highspeed trains to Arnhem > Germanborder.
Also prepared for 25.000 V AC instead of 1500V DC.
This you can recognise by the much longer isolators on the poles.
Also we get now a direct service from Utrecht to Schiphol Amsterdam airport.
Also some new station(s) between Utrecht and Maarsen.
-
-
39 years experience with trains and still driving.
-
-
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

RandstadRail originaly was the connection between Rotterdam, Den Haag and Zoetermeer alone. That route will be serviced by Citadis-type trams, the 'Haagse' ones will become bordeaux-red (nice colour). The companies that will service this line are the RET (Rotterdamse Elektrische Tramweg) and the HTM (Haagse Tramweg Maatschappij), possibly the NS if they decide not to sell the Zoetermeerlijn. Rumours are that the HTM is granted the Zoetermeerlijn as compensation for their forced withdrawal from the joint-venture with Novio (public transport in Nijmegen) and a contractor (HTM would become too powerful outside the Den Haag-regio).

Later, some other cities around Den Haag woke up and launched the Rijn-Gouwelijn, intended as an elaboration on the experimental lightrail service between Gouda and Alphen a/d Rijn. The Rijn-Gouwelijn will follow the route of the good old Blauwe Tram ('Blue Tram') for a vast part, showing how stupid it was to close that interlocal tramline in the 1960's.

The Utrecht-regio needs new means of transport with the development of Vleuten-De Meern and other growth spots around the city of Utrecht. It has been said that the 'sneltram' through Utrecht needs expansion time and again but somehow it was always blocked. If Utrecht doesn't want to become unreachable over the motorways they should really do so.

Return to “Real-World Transport Discussion”