The Smart car

Take a break from playing the game and chat here about real-world transportation issues!

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Railmanager
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Railmanager »

The Smart is not a car it's a trolley :wink:

Well... i don't really like it... but it's perfect for a great city, because you can park very easy and find very fast a parking place.
Hrrrrrr i like my car and to drive fast :twisted:
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

The Fjonis wrote:You're right about the collisions. It's simple physics - if you drive a small car and collide with a large car, your change in momentum will be greater --> greater change in acceleration on your body --> in short, more severe damage than the guy in the larger car.
See, this is why I ride the bus everywhere:

1. The bus usually wins :D. I have seen occasional bus accidents (we have some very good drivers), and usually the bus has come off on top... not literally though ;).
2. It's better for the environment (although not as good as the protester attached seems to think :lol: )
3. It's cheaper than paying for petrol every ten minutes :)).
Attachments
pic0738.jpg
pic0738.jpg (17.59 KiB) Viewed 1915 times
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Oracle
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Oracle »

Talking of small cars, I drive a car just like this one - it's small, but I don't think it's too small (because it has character!).

Saying that, I don't actually drive far at all because I don't particularly need to and my parents usually have both our cars - I get the bus to school and it's pretty convenient (unlike most buses round here).
jacke
Director
Director

Post by jacke »

2. It's better for the environment (although not as good as the protester attached seems to think )
:lol:

I usually take the bus to school, which is about 30km from where I live, and they go pretty regulary. It's both cheaper and more enviroment friendly, and you don't have to drive and can relax for 25-30 minutes. But I can't go by bus anywhere from where I live, so I use the car quite much too.
Cidron
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cidron »

I think the smarts will do well in America. Think. With the current SUV craze in the US, those who buy the mini's and smarts will for certain get clobbered out there on the streets. Hell, even hitting a pedestrian runs risks of serious damage. Now, If you are in one of these, one of two things will happen. You are gonna sue, and with your body in tatters from the injuries, the jury will certainly decide in your favor!! Money in a settlement. The other outcome is, Your surviving family will mourn your loss as they sue... (as well as collect life insurance...) Yeah. They will do real well. Just like the Yugo, LeCar, and others before them.
Q: Is the glass half full or half empty

A: I have kids, thus the glass is empty.
lws1984
President
President

Post by lws1984 »

Welcome to the Forums, Cidron! If you're intrested in the smart, you chould check out this fourm:

http://www.smartcarsint.com
Pretty soon, we'll have a petition up to send to Daimler Chrysler about bringing thee smart to the USA.
It's not me in my avatar, it's a time lord!

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so.
-Douglas Adams
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Well. cars are useless for inter city transport. Better use them when traveling between cities and countryside, or when you need to transport heavy/big goods, which is not that easy to take in the bus/train/bike. For inter city, use bikes! Or if you are less cool, take the bus.

But well, this is litle out of the scope of this thread. Perhaps we should use a forum with better polyforism. 8)
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)

Return to “Real-World Transport Discussion”