Random Transport Chatter

Take a break from playing the game and chat here about real-world transportation issues!

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Geo Ghost

Re: Random Transport Chatter

Post by Geo Ghost »

dol422 wrote: 13 Apr 2021 11:46 What was spooky about it?
Doing really weird things, lights going out randomly (with an accompanied alarm), phantom faults coming and going.
When you're on your own in a silent, cold, dark yard... it spooks you out to no end :lol:

I hate prepping trains after an isolation. Always guaranteed something will be a drama :mrgreen:
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

In other news, Kings Cross PSB signalled its last train out of the station last night, and as of Monday all operations will be done by York ROC.
I'm fortunate enough to have got a couple of tours there before and it was incredible to see the place in action. A shame the building can't be turned into a museum or something.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Hairline fractures have been found on newer batches of Britain's high speed services, affecting GWR, Hull Trains, Transpennine Express & LNERs 80X series of trains. Hopefully it doesn't prove to be a major issue!

https://bbc.in/3bbPSzy
Worst Behaved IRC Member of 2008, 2009 & 2010 - Go Me!
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Redirect Left wrote: 08 May 2021 12:16 Hairline fractures have been found on newer batches of Britain's high speed services, affecting GWR, Hull Trains, Transpennine Express & LNERs 80X series of trains. Hopefully it doesn't prove to be a major issue!

https://bbc.in/3bbPSzy
Meanwhile...
Hitachi_IEP_TOCS.jpg
Hitachi_IEP_TOCS.jpg (28.42 KiB) Viewed 751 times
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

You guys with your fancy non-Hitachi trains must be loving all these Green signals :mrgreen:
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Pilot wrote: 08 May 2021 19:34 You guys with your fancy non-Hitachi trains must be loving all these Green signals :mrgreen:
I'm on leave but yes! I imagine stuff has been flying throug Hitchin Junction, Digswell, Woolmer Green, and in the Cross :mrgreen:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

A train station in the county of Cheshire, England has partially collapsed, or at least the roof has. No injuries are reported at the station in Northwich, which occurred just before midday.

Does make me wonder if someone slacked on the maintenance or safety inspectoring here...

Worst Behaved IRC Member of 2008, 2009 & 2010 - Go Me!
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Avanti attempted today to break the APT's record for fast journey from London Euston to Glasgow - 3h, 52m, 40s.

They missed out by just 21 seconds!

A great shame for all on board, but still a fantastic achievement considering the APT could reach speeds of 140mph, but the Pendolino's (aka, AlanFry Express Units) plus infrastructure have a maximum of 125.
MLG
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by MLG »

Today is the last day when a Tatra T6A5 trams are operating in Prague. :cry: DPP (the Prague city owned transport company) owns last 6 pieces of them, one will go to the public tranort museum in Prague, two will be preserved for special occasions and the last three will be scrapped or sold to other cities, both of those actions were done with the previous trams too. An article about it: https://praguemorning.cz/historic-pragu ... rculation/ and a wikipedia article about T6A5:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatra_T6A5.
Most people who rode this tram will agree that their electric equipment sound is one of the most beatiful ones, maybe even the most beatiful. I have also found a interesting video with shots of this tram:
Are you an eye candy player? Check out Invisible engine set! viewtopic.php?f=67&t=88934
You can write to me in English, or Czech.
Můžete mi psát česky, nebo anglicky.

Return to “Real-World Transport Discussion”