It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:38 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:03 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

New theme!

Theme:
"ART"
... set by the last month's winners JamieLei and Transportman.

As always, rules can be found HERE.

How to enter:
Easy - simply upload your image to this topic to enter or link it from a trusted site such as flickr, photobucket, DeviantArt, your personal website etc.
Uploading is preferred as it keeps things together. If you're linking from a URL, having a small 'preview' image and a link to a high-res image would be helpful.
If uploading direct to the wiki:
Let's keep entries in a certain named format for organisation reasons as well as keeping record of them in the entries topic and here. If you prefer to upload to the wiki, please keep it in the same naming format as other entries and inform me they are already on the wiki. Name format is - month|year|POTM_user name.
For example: 0917POTM_Dave.jpg / 0917POTM_orudge.jpg / 0917POTM_GeoGhost.jpg / 0917POTM_Ameecher.jpg
You get the idea ;)

At the end of the month, this topic will close and a voting topic will be started with all the entries in for people to choose their top one.
All entries will be uploaded to the tt-forums wiki and stored there for voting and also for archive.
Entries close on the last day of the month, voting will be available for 7 days (approximately).
The winner will need to contact me about what they want the next theme to be and then that will be posted in the entry topic for the next month*. Then we repeat from there. Simple.
(* If the winner doesn't choose a theme within 7 days, the next month's theme will be an "Open" theme).

If you wish to change your entry, you may so long as the entries are still open. Simply upload a new one to the topic and remove your old one.
Otherwise, it may get confusing as to which one you are entering. If there are two entries submitted and you have not informed me which one you wish to be used, I will use the first one posted.

Cheers people!

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:17 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

I guess I'll get the ball rolling this month.

Street art adorns the arches of the Berlin Stadtbahn, as an ICE goes rolling overhead.
Attachment:
20161208_153328.jpg [3.77 MiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:45 am 
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

"ART" AKA "appropriating someone else's art without attributing the original artist"

TIV

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:35 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

*Yawn* Do you have to moan about everything? :roll: The art in my picture for example, is in a public space, and therefore in the public domain. If I knew who to credit, I would happily do so, however, no name is given next to the street art.

Anyway, to keep Moany McMoanyface over here happy, thanks for my picture go to the State of Berlin, Deutsche Bahn for the train and railway, Siemens for building the train, Volkswagen for buidling the car in the image, and the street artists of Berlin for their work.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:29 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Train<In>Vain wrote:
"ART" AKA "appropriating someone else's art without attributing the original artist"

As I see this theme "Art" could be you making an artistic photo of something "normal" or making a photo of some kind of art in it or a combination of the two types of "art" or anything else related to art... So what's the problem with Pilot's picture?

I'll go with this type of "art"... :mrgreen:

Attachments:
0917POTM_VoyagerOne.jpg [139.47 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:24 pm 
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Pilot wrote:
*Yawn* Do you have to moan about everything? :roll: The art in my picture for example, is in a public space, and therefore in the public domain. If I knew who to credit, I would happily do so, however, no name is given next to the street art.

Anyway, to keep Moany McMoanyface over here happy, thanks for my picture go to the State of Berlin, Deutsche Bahn for the train and railway, Siemens for building the train, Volkswagen for buidling the car in the image, and the street artists of Berlin for their work.

You have a way with words :D

TIV

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:38 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

My entry for this month, unless I can get a better picture in the next week.

Attachments:
0917POTM_Transportman.jpg [1.51 MiB]
Not downloaded yet