[media] Technical content of TE

Discussions pertaining to the development of graphics for Transport Empire.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Purno wrote:
XeryusTC wrote:That is a really nice GUI, maybe you could do it in a somewhat more fitting theme (as voted for in the GUI look thread).
And how would such a GUI look like? I mean, I can change the colors, of course...
A more gray/metallic rusty look would make it old and metal IMO.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

rusty? Hm... now that's the hard part. I tried that with my metal GUI, which wasn't really a success IMO.
Attachments
metal_rustybutton.PNG
metal_rustybutton.PNG (814 Bytes) Viewed 17782 times
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

That's too repititive if I may say so. Can't you try something with Inkscape or PSP, you can then have colours fade into other colours.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Learning Inkscape or PSP takes too much time. At least, if I want to learn as much as I learned about pixel art. I've been pixel-arting my whole life, so I know quite a bit about it.

Besides, I understood my art is only concept-art and will be redone in 32bits eventually ... right?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Purno wrote:Besides, I understood my art is only concept-art and will be redone in 32bits eventually ... right?
Hopefully someone with über-1337 sk1llz will come along one day to make everything 32bit. But until then we'll just use your 8bit graphics, so you better put some effort in them ;).
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

To me that sounds like a waste of time. I think "mastering" InkScape or PSP and starting with 32-bit right after mastery has been achieved saves a lot of time. Not just for the project but also for Purno self.
aarona
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aarona »

XeryusTC wrote:Hopefully someone with über-1337 sk1llz will come along one day to make everything 32bit. But until then we'll just use your 8bit graphics, so you better put some effort in them ;).
Will this do?

Code: Select all

inline int PictureConvert(char PurnosGraphics)
{
   return  (int)PurnosGraphics;
}
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

aarona wrote:Will this do?

Code: Select all

inline int PictureConvert(char PurnosGraphics)
{
   return  (int)PurnosGraphics;
}
Yes, probably ;).
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Ok, trying to get this back on track again, as GUI is the only thing I can help with ATM, I feel.
uzurpator wrote:Additionally. I declare PIONIEER LAW - this means if you are the first to provide a workable solution, this solution shall be used. No discussions, no questions asked.
Ok, if I get this right it means my GUI gets used as it seems to be the first, reasonably well developed GUI.

Ok, if the coders need any new graphics, like a certain button, whatever, they can ask here and it will be made.

Additionally, since I might not always feel like making a button, I hereby give anyone permission to edit the GUI graphics I made, when you follow the following conditions:
  • The work will not be copyrighted
  • The work will be for TE, and TE only
  • The work has the same style of the rest of the GUI graphics.
Work-files can be made available.

EDIT: Attachment
Attachments
gui_work2.PNG
TE Metal GUI Work File
(119.34 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
Image Image
uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator

Post by uzurpator »

Mouse cursors:
- normal
- raise corner of terrain
- lower corner of terrain
Icons:
Terrain manipulation interface

needed
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

I can do cursors; but what style do you want them in
TT
plain
windowsy- thingamy-bob
metal
rusty metal
i can do icons too.
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

m3henry wrote:I can do cursors; but what style do you want them in
TT
plain
windowsy- thingamy-bob
metal
rusty metal
i can do icons too.
Whatcha think of icons which fit my GUI? :wink:
Image Image
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

I like your gui except the third rail, it took me 10 seconds to work that out!!! :shock:

I'm not sure what to do for the icon but mabey the TE logo
:o what is the TE logo??? :o
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Purno wrote:
m3henry wrote:I can do cursors; but what style do you want them in
TT
plain
windowsy- thingamy-bob
metal
rusty metal
i can do icons too.
Whatcha think of icons which fit my GUI? :wink:
Your GUI looks a bit bulky to me, also some things just arent easy to see. I like a bit the more sleek design like Locomotion/TTD.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

Purno:

Your gui is fine, but I don't see if it has what I need (excuse me for being blind) :) Could you prepare a mockup of the window I asked for and the proper gui elements? :)
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

infact, the gui could be of a couple of designs
1. metal
2. sleek
3. TT
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

uzurpator wrote:Purno:

Your gui is fine, but I don't see if it has what I need (excuse me for being blind) :) Could you prepare a mockup of the window I asked for and the proper gui elements? :)
I forgot what window you asked for, but all 'proper' gui elements are already drawn, and can be used to make a mockup of any windows, AFAICT.
Image Image
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

one cursor
Attachments
this is a first try, is it too wide or what?
this is a first try, is it too wide or what?
111.png (413 Bytes) Viewed 16608 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

it's a bit big if you ask me. A big bit...
Image Image
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

I have some others, Ill post them tomorrow
*yawn
EDIT: its tomorrow already!
Attachments
progress
progress
111.png (6.38 KiB) Viewed 16562 times

Return to “Transport Empire Graphics”