[OTTD] DemianWSE's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
DemianWSE
Engineer
Engineer

[OTTD] DemianWSE's Screenshots

Post by DemianWSE »

Hello! I wanted to share some screenshots from my current save. It's a 512 by 512 map, with only 4 cities and around a 100 smaller towns.

Today I'll be showing the biggest city in the map: Pratown.

Attachments
Pratown Station and Sidings- DemEx, 11th Dec 2077.png
Pratown station is the oldest in the country, and hasn't been remodelled in a very long time. Its four southern platforms are electrified and are only used by high speed trains that connect Pratown to the other three cities. There are plans to update the sidings in the near future so they can serve electric trains as well as diesel trains.
(1.09 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Pratown Docks & Refinery, 28th Nov 2077.png
The Pratown bay area and docks, with Pratown station barely visible in the top of the image. Also pictured are the Redington station, Redington Refinery and its dedicated docks.
(1.28 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Eastern Pratown, Iron Ore Mines & Sawmill - DemEx, 4th Mar 2078.png
The section of tracks that run from the upper right to the bottom left are heavily congested, plans to alleviate this include adding passing tracks to Plonston station and the construction of docks for the exclusive use of the steelmill.
(1.38 MiB) Not downloaded yet
DemianWSE
DemianWSE
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] DemianWSE's Screenshots

Post by DemianWSE »

A few more shots.

Attachments
Meburg Docks - DemEx, 2nd Apr 2092.png
Meburg is just north of Pratown. Its docks are very active and provide jobs for the majority of the towns work force.
(264.62 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Gafingburg Springs Station & Sidings - DemEx, 30th Apr 2092.png
Gafingburg Springs is the second largest city in the map.
(477.83 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Gafingburg Springs Docks - DemEx, 29th Apr 2092.png
The docks are crucial for Gafingburg Springs economy, since most of the goods the city consumes are produced elsewhere.
(316.94 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DemianWSE
DemianWSE
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DemianWSE »

Third round.

This is Wrudhead Cross city. Last night I had a dream I was standing on these docks, looking towards the city, and I could see it both from my perspective and from OpenTTDs isometric view. Maybe I'm playing too much.

Attachments
Wrudhead Cross Docks & Station - DemEx, 25th Jun 2102.png
(306.3 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Wrudhead Cross Canals - DemEx, 26th Jun 2102.png
(297.86 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Wrudhead Cross - DemEx, 7th Jul 2102.png
Full view of the city.
(1.36 MiB) Not downloaded yet
DemianWSE
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Very nice indeed!
DemianWSE
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DemianWSE »

Thanks guys! I'm new here, so it means a lot :D. Of course, none of this would be possible without all the beautiful NewGRFs and the awesome people who made them :wink:, not to mention the devs and everyone who makes this great game. So my thanks to all of them as well! :bow:
DemianWSE
DemianWSE
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DemianWSE »

Fourth batch of screenshots. This is the city of Catbourne.

Attachments
Catbourne Station - DemEx, 27th Jun 2107.png
Catbourne Station in the centre, with various trains arriving or departing. Two trams can be seen in the vicinities of the station. Across the top half of the image runs Harmon river, with St. Edwards Church in the top left, the satue of Adam Catbourne, founder of the city in the top centre, and part of the Bay Walkway in the top right.
(568.7 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Catbourne Docks - DemEx, 2nd Jul 2104.png
Catbourne docks in the south side of the bay and the Bay Walkway, a popular tourist attraction, in the north.
(377.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Catbourne Zaffron Lane Station & Factory - DemEx, 1st Oct 2104.png
In the southern parts of the city we have Catbourne Zaffron Lane Station and Wondinghattan Factory. The tracks that go to the north east of the station are still under construction, and will eventually connect the station to Wrudhead Cross Station and to the eastern parts of the country.
(577.03 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DemianWSE
DemianWSE
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DemianWSE »

We have now covered all of the four major cities in the map, so today we'll take a look at some of the largest towns.

Attachments
Grondingstone & Tronborough - DemEx, 27th Jul 2113.png
Just south of Catbourne we have the towns of Grondigstone and Tronborugh.
(705.45 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Monnton - DemEx, 7th Sep 2113.png
Once a quiet rural town, Monnton is now the most populated settlement excluding the four cities of the map. Just across Graham river is the city of Gafingburg Springs.
(578.98 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Gafingburg Springs, Brefingfield, Monnton & Grudtown - DemEx, 10th Sep 2113.png
Zoomed out view of Monnton (right side), Grudtown (bottom), Gafingburg Springs (left side) and Brefingfield (top), on the banks of Graham river.
(1.52 MiB) Not downloaded yet
DemianWSE
DemianWSE
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DemianWSE »

Hello! This time I have some images of cargo stations. Progress has slowed down in this map, as I was preparing my (first ever) entry for the Screenshot of the Month competition :) . Anyway, here are the shots.

Attachments
Hanington Factory & Sarhattan Steel Mill - DemEx, 1st Jan 2130.png
North of Gafingburg Springs, between the towns of Hanington and Sarhattan a quite busy industrial area has developed.
(503.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Mudingstone Forest & Mines - DemEx, 2nd Jan 2130.png
The secluded town of Mudington is surrounded by very valuable natural resources. No train access though, so all cargo is moved either by trucks or by boats. Docks for the iron ore mine are being constructed
(485.99 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sonfingway Sawmill & Farm - DemEx, 17th Apr 2130.png
Sonfingway docks are not very busy, but that will probably change soon. Tracks can be seen in the north of the town, a passenger station will be built soon, and will link this and many other small towns to the city of Gafingburg Springs.
(272.36 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DemianWSE
DemianWSE
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DemianWSE »

Hi! It's been a while since I posted anything here, so I'll share some images from my current save:

A few weeks ago I uploaded this image to reddit, it is from the same save (the top black borders were edited to make it look neater). I called it "Hope Island", quicklime produced here goes to the electric arc furnace in Sardhattan Ridge.

Also these two images I used for past Screenshot of the month competitions are from the same map. Industries here are connected to the industries in Slendworth and Sardhattan Ridge.

Cheers!
Attachments
Openttd-SardhattanRidge.png
(884.09 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Openttd-Medingbury.png
(584.73 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Openttd-Slendworth.png
(905.29 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DemianWSE
DemianWSE
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DemianWSE »

Hi guys! I made a few videos showing parts of this map. Here's the link to the playlist in case you are interested: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... ejgRh89THU

Also, here's another screenshot:

Attachments
OpenTTD-Smalltown.png
(678.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DemianWSE
DemianWSE
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DemianWSE »

I was asked to share the save, so you'll find it in the bottom of this post. You will need a lot of newGRFs to make it work :P.
Attachments
OpenTTD-HopeIsland.sav
(2.19 MiB) Downloaded 133 times
DemianWSE
HDuke
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HDuke »

DemianWSE wrote: 16 Nov 2021 23:59 I was asked to share the save, so you'll find it in the bottom of this post. You will need a lot of newGRFs to make it work :P.
It would be great if you could put the package of newGRFs that are not available in online content, because couple of them seems not to be available anymore or are not easy to find ;)
Again - great work - beautiful map and network.
DemianWSE
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DemianWSE »

HDuke wrote: 18 Nov 2021 08:48 It would be great if you could put the package of newGRFs that are not available in online content, because couple of them seems not to be available anymore or are not easy to find ;)
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to, I don't exactly know how different licenses work with regards to sharing these files. I could point you to where I got them.

For instance, the "North american city set v0.1c" can be found here: https://web.archive.org/web/20210321063 ... op.org/Grf
You just download the zip file and go to the folder "6_town_buildings" and then search in "nacity"

The INFRA Green set can be downloaded from here: http://www.simuscape.net/simutalk/viewt ... =120&t=758

And MariCo and NewStations can be downloaded from here: http://www.ttdpatch.de/download.html

Could you tell me what else is missing?
HDuke wrote: 18 Nov 2021 08:48 Again - great work - beautiful map and network.
Thanks!
DemianWSE
HDuke
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HDuke »

Could you tell me what else is missing?
Exactly these ones. I found couple of them on web but sometimes seems that grf version is incompatible or maybe I am wrong and it's the other case.
Newtree.grf seems to be unaccessible.
missinggrf.png
missinggrf.png (5.58 KiB) Viewed 8573 times
DemianWSE
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DemianWSE »

HDuke wrote: 18 Nov 2021 15:10 Exactly these ones. I found couple of them on web but sometimes seems that grf version is incompatible or maybe I am wrong and it's the other case.
missinggrf.png
The "marico.grf", "newstats.grf" and "infra_green..." grfs can be downloaded from the links in my previous post.

"New trees" can be downloaded from here: http://www.simuscape.net/simutalk/viewt ... f=22&t=152

The missing Auz objects and jpstations grfs are attached in the bottom, I can share those as they are all GPLv2. (I think so).
Attachments
newgrfs.zip
(10.85 MiB) Downloaded 138 times
DemianWSE
HDuke
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HDuke »

DemianWSE wrote: 18 Nov 2021 17:19
HDuke wrote: 18 Nov 2021 15:10 Exactly these ones. I found couple of them on web but sometimes seems that grf version is incompatible or maybe I am wrong and it's the other case.
missinggrf.png
The "marico.grf", "newstats.grf" and "infra_green..." grfs can be downloaded from the links in my previous post.

"New trees" can be downloaded from here: http://www.simuscape.net/simutalk/viewt ... f=22&t=152

The missing Auz objects and jpstations grfs are attached in the bottom, I can share those as they are all GPLv2. (I think so).
Thank you a lot! :)

Return to “Screenshots”