UK 10:1 Recreation

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
mrbeanisgood
Engineer
Engineer

UK 10:1 Recreation

Post by mrbeanisgood »

On this thread, I will be posting periodic updates to my UK Recreation Project. This project will see me using "Just Another UK Map", which is approximately a 10:1 scale, to recreate the UK modern rail infrastructure and current timetables of all 28 currently operational Rail Companies. I will be tackling this project 1 company at a time, adding the necessary infrastructure as I go.

My process is to:
1) Create Infrastructure for a route referencing maps as I do so to ensure geographical accuracy (as best I can, tight cities are hard on a 10:1 scale).
2) Add in the routes, using Wikipedia pages for each company to see what stations each route services.
3) Organize trains in the train menu, first by company, then in their appropriate subgroups.

Resources:
http://www.railmaponline.com/UKIEMap.php
https://www.thetrainline.com/train-companies
All Relevant Wikipedia Pages, including timetables.
Google Maps
OpenStreetMap

mrbeanisgood
Engineer
Engineer

Update 1

Post by mrbeanisgood »

The Great Western Main Line and Great Western Rail are complete apart from some kinks in the timetabling which I am working out as the issues arise. All services which depart from London Paddington are in place. My attention is shifting south to Southwestern Rail.
Screenshot (141).png
This is the extent of current developement in London.
(1.93 MiB) Not downloaded yet
I am struggling to fit in all of the stations in London and the surrounding areas as they are quite close together, so you will find that there are often combined stations. As the tracks get further from London, the stations fall in their geographically correct locations. While I am disappointed that it isn't a "perfect" solution, this approximation is the best that could be done.
Screenshot (140).png
This is an example of condensed stations, in this case to ensure that Weybridge Junction fell in the correct spot.
(506.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet
UK Recreation.sav
Current download, JGR 0.34.3.
(4.68 MiB) Downloaded 4 times

Return to “Screenshots”