Screenshot Of The Month Competition - February 2023

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
fridaemon
Director
Director

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - March 2021

Post by fridaemon »

Fredinho wrote: 11 Mar 2021 15:11
This is absolutely fantastic!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
Fredinho
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fredinho »

Haha, thanks! Already received some heat about the signalling, so please just ignore that :P
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

I've seen that at Reddit's page, but without this comment I couldn't see it :) But he was right :D I learned it via Youtube channel, but it was in Czech.

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
MasterOktagon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MasterOktagon »

Tinninghall Transport, 22. Mai 2020#1.png
(877.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Until Next Time

MasterOktagon
Fredinho
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fredinho »

Nice! I really do like the highway, and where have I seen that station before?

EDIT: Updated my original post with a slightly updated version, where I fixed the signalling :P
MasterOktagon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MasterOktagon »

Fredinho wrote: 17 Mar 2021 20:44 Nice! I really do like the highway, and where have I seen that station before?

EDIT: Updated my original post with a slightly updated version, where I fixed the signalling :P
Thank You! :D
The Station is out of the Dutch Station Set, which i like very much.
The highway is out of the AuzRattroads Set, combined with Dutch road furniture switched to UK road set. The Problem with the AuzRattroads NewGRF is that the "Highway" roadtype can not be driven on by normal cars. The Highspeed Trains are from YST Set.
Until Next Time

MasterOktagon
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Fredinho wrote: 11 Mar 2021 15:11 EDIT: Uploaded a slightly updated version.
Logged into the SOTM database' :D
flogeza
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by flogeza »

Here is my "high speed" airport at Karnaca on the JGRpp server.
Not The Isles High Speed Airport.png
(4.39 MiB) Not downloaded yet
LupusMechanicus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LupusMechanicus »

How much time do we have left to post? :P
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

AlexTheDacian wrote: 21 Mar 2021 12:34 How much time do we have left to post? :P
Until the last Wednesday of the month disappears beyond the International Date Line. 8)
You should be good until the morning of Thursday April 1 and I'm not being foolish about that. :lol:
LupusMechanicus
Engineer
Engineer

Part of the Pan-Latvic Commonwealth of Danubius, VIA ZAMOLXIS, also known in the Western Provinces of Europae as the Getae Highway, is being used daily by an untold number of vehicles from all around the Commonwealth. A vital lifeline of Danubius, this highway literally cuts the Oriental Europe in half, providing a very needed connection between the boreal lands of the Nordic Federation and the austral provinces of the Byzantine Republic.

This particular section wades through the capital of the Commonwealth itself, Argedava, providing a very impressive alternative to the already established ORIENTALIS EUROPAE FERROVIARIA, the 2nd most used High-Speed Rail Network in the whole Pan-Eurasian supercontinent.

Kudos to fridaemon, GarryG and FooBar for the amazing NewGRFs they are providing. :bow: :bow:
Attachments
You thought I wasn't going to post anything this month? I think not! :P
You thought I wasn't going to post anything this month? I think not! :P
ViaArgedava.gif (15.21 MiB) Viewed 3662 times
Last edited by LupusMechanicus on 25 Mar 2021 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

AlexTheDacian wrote: 25 Mar 2021 19:14
Wow :shock: :bow: :bow: :bow:

fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

My cities are mostly connected with 5 main highways and major railway junctions. I chose place of a combination of road and air connections :wink:
Attachments
SOTM_FR_0321.png
(1.02 MiB) Not downloaded yet

GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Sorry all, but I unable to enter the comp this month due to busy with family commitments this week.

Voting be hard as there all great entries so far.

Cheers
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

HIGH SPEED COMMUNICATION in Canada can have its challenges, especially for rail in the 560km Montréal / Toronto corridor connecting the two largest cities in Canada. The bulk of the line is owned by CP Rail where freight has priority over VIA Rail's passenger service and we see a typical delay in Kingston where two VIA trains must wait for two CP trains to clear the line. The scheduled 5 hour journey in each direction will be at least an hour late. The solution would be for VIA to build it's own line, but here we see another problem where construction on a fictional MagLev line has come to a halt due to local authorities' refusal to allow the removal of the region's oldest log cabin, a National Historic Sight and a very popular tourist destination.
Attachments
March 2021 Contest, Oct 31st, 2021.png
(902.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet
LaChupacabra
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by LaChupacabra »

Since the ball is still in the game, I will add something from myself. :)
Your screenshots are amazing, it's a completely different league. I don't have any chance. :D But in connection with the title screen competition, I would like to post something...
[+] Spoiler
This screen is from the save for the title screen, here it is colored with few NewGRFs. It was not suitable for the competition due to the excessive load it generated (300 trains) and perhaps not the best example for a new player. The history of its creation is a bit twisted. The primary motivation was the discussion in one of the forums about the maximum throughput of an intersection and the desire to check what is really possible. So I decided to build an intersection through which as many trains as possible will pass. The goal was to reach 1,000 trains passing the intersection each month. I also decided to make by the occasion a quiet (small amount of sounds) background of the startup screen. I like to play with the sounds on, but I don't like the excess, which I hear every time I start the game. The final result is about 800 trains every month pass through the intersection that you can see. :)

Here I put a save with what you can see on the screenshot.
Project 1000 mini, 2065-03-24.sav
(110.83 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
If anyone would like to use this as a title screen, I also have (almost) the same without NewGRF - works for screens from 1440x900 to 2560x1600.
Attachments
Project 1000 mini, 2064-03-24.png
(4.27 MiB) Not downloaded yet
I am sorry for may English. I know is bed.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

My entry ...
Futura City with a satellite annexe for a quiet and peaceful lifestyle, well connected and served by high-speed transportation services, ranging from high-speed rail, above street level light rail, rail and road links to international air connections and an extensive motorway network enabling fast and speedy transport, vital for city growth.
... Enjoy !!
Attachments
Competition [2021-03] Highspeed Services.png
Futura City
(450.33 KiB) Not downloaded yet
LupusMechanicus
Engineer
Engineer

So many amazing screenshots :shock:
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

AlexTheDacian wrote: 31 Mar 2021 07:45
Have to admit! I have 3 most favourite screenshot and none of them is mine :lol: Very good work ;) And welcome, Flogeza! So inspirative 8)

wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

BULLETIN! BULLETIN!
Apparently Baker Island does not celebrate Daylight Savings Time and is not due to toss out the last Wednesday in March 2021 for another hour.
However, some fool in a spate of April foolishness went and stole March's last Wednesday.
The local authorities will not tolerate such foolishness!
Consequently, all submissions are closed immediately so as to allow a proper investigation.
Eight suspects in eight scenarios have been identified. (Note: It was NOT Professor Plum in the library with the candlestick!)
The eight scenarios are posted below to aid you in suggesting the three most likely suspects.
After 5 days, the most likely villain will be identified and confirmed and sentenced to incarceration until such time as the villain submits a proper theme for the Month of April 2021.

Who is to be this month's April fool? :lol: :lol: :lol:
AlexTheDacian wrote:Part of the Pan-Latvic Commonwealth of Danubius, VIA ZAMOLXIS, also known in the Western Provinces of Europae as the Getae Highway, is being used daily by an untold number of vehicles from all around the Commonwealth. A vital lifeline of Danubius, this highway literally cuts the Oriental Europe in half, providing a very needed connection between the boreal lands of the Nordic Federation and the austral provinces of the Byzantine Republic.

This particular section wades through the capital of the Commonwealth itself, Argedava, providing a very impressive alternative to the already established ORIENTALIS EUROPAE FERROVIARIA, the 2nd most used High-Speed Rail Network in the whole Pan-Eurasian supercontinent.
flogeza wrote:Here is my "high speed" airport at Karnaca on the JGRpp server.
Fredinho wrote:Ever seen Parasite? This is sort of like that. The highspeed maglev line & motor highway divides the city between the rich and the poor.
fridaemon wrote:My cities are mostly connected with 5 main highways and major railway junctions. I chose place of a combination of road and air connections
LaChupacabra wrote:This screen is from the save for the title screen, here it is colored with few NewGRFs. It was not suitable for the competition due to the excessive load it generated (300 trains) and perhaps not the best example for a new player. The history of its creation is a bit twisted. The primary motivation was the discussion in one of the forums about the maximum throughput of an intersection and the desire to check what is really possible. So I decided to build an intersection through which as many trains as possible will pass. The goal was to reach 1,000 trains passing the intersection each month. I also decided to make by the occasion a quiet (small amount of sounds) background of the startup screen. I like to play with the sounds on, but I don't like the excess, which I hear every time I start the game. The final result is about 800 trains every month pass through the intersection that you can see.
MasterOktagon wrote: ...
OzTrans wrote:Futura City with a satellite annexe for a quiet and peaceful lifestyle, well connected and served by high-speed transportation services, ranging from high-speed rail, above street level light rail, rail and road links to international air connections and an extensive motorway network enabling fast and speedy transport, vital for city growth.

wallyweb wrote:HIGH SPEED COMMUNICATION in Canada can have its challenges, especially for rail in the 560km Montréal / Toronto corridor connecting the two largest cities in Canada. The bulk of the line is owned by CP Rail where freight has priority over VIA Rail's passenger service and we see a typical delay in Kingston where two VIA trains must wait for two CP trains to clear the line. The scheduled 5 hour journey in each direction will be at least an hour late. The solution would be for VIA to build it's own line, but here we see another problem where construction on a fictional MagLev line has come to a halt due to local authorities' refusal to allow the removal of the region's oldest log cabin, a National Historic Sight and a very popular tourist destination.

Return to “Screenshots”