FriendlyFox plays OpenTTD!

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
harrydouthwaite
Engineer
Engineer

FriendlyFox plays OpenTTD!

Post by harrydouthwaite »

Hi everyone! Wow... looking at my history it's been over ten years since I last posted anything on these forums. Every now and again I do enjoy diving back into OpenTTD. On my desktop I'm running an older version (1.3.2) which I finally decided to make some gameplay videos. There are eight up now, with more possibly coming at some point. Please forgive me for the quality of them as I was still getting used to Bandicam at the time.

So yes, I go by a few aliases. One of them is FriendlyFox.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 9hzjV4GKbv

I had intended to start this series from the very beginning of the map, but my earliest savegame wasn't until 1958 so I had to suffice for that, switching over to an inactive AI company to start with "Humble Beginnings" - followed by "Paying off the Debt" and "Motor Mania". "Junction Function" returns to the main company for upgrading the main line between Brudingville and Albertborough, with a new branch and improvements to the junction at Brudingville. This is followed by "Expanding the Network", split into two parts, upgrading the rest of the mainline to the terminus, with new trains and destinations to the west. "New Opportunities" returns to the former fledgling AI company with a new mainline intersecting the existing one with the main company, just east of Albertborough. Lastly "When Industries Close" reveals hard times in the 1970s with closing oil wells, as well as other industries not serviced by the two companies.
Last edited by harrydouthwaite on 24 Feb 2020 07:02, edited 1 time in total.
harrydouthwaite
Engineer
Engineer

Re: FriendlyFox plays OpenTTD!

Here are some screenshots for the general progress of my OpenTTD empire. It'll have to be three images per post as that's all that seems to be allowed...
The start of the series, before construction of 'Chuntfield Transport' coal line from Penfingfield.
The start of the series, before construction of 'Chuntfield Transport' coal line from Penfingfield.
1. Brudingville South 1958.jpg (549.83 KiB) Viewed 7411 times
Chuntfield Transport's two new train routes.
Chuntfield Transport's two new train routes.
2. Brudingville South 1959.jpg (556.24 KiB) Viewed 7411 times
Preparatory work for moving Plumbury coal traffic off the main line west of Brudingville Junction.
Preparatory work for moving Plumbury coal traffic off the main line west of Brudingville Junction.
3. Brudingville South 1963.jpg (557 KiB) Viewed 7411 times
harrydouthwaite
Engineer
Engineer

Last screenshot of Brudingville South(west) and two screenshots of the Linnley branch.
Attachments
Improvement works completed.
Improvement works completed.
4. Brudingville South 1971.jpg (556.47 KiB) Viewed 7407 times
Linnley branch - coal mine and station in 1959
Linnley branch - coal mine and station in 1959
5. Linnley 1959.jpg (547.61 KiB) Viewed 7407 times
Linnley branch - coal mine and station in 1968
Linnley branch - coal mine and station in 1968
6. Linnley 1968.jpg (551.86 KiB) Viewed 7407 times
harrydouthwaite
Engineer
Engineer

Last three for now, Brudingville Junction between 1958 and 1965.
Attachments
Before construction began on improving the junction at Brudingville.
Before construction began on improving the junction at Brudingville.
7. Brudingville Junction - 1958.jpg (545.41 KiB) Viewed 7401 times
Implementation of Brudingville Signal Box waypoint. Chuntfield transport road vehicles servicing Brudingville factory.
Implementation of Brudingville Signal Box waypoint. Chuntfield transport road vehicles servicing Brudingville factory.
8. Brudingville Junction - 1963.jpg (545.54 KiB) Viewed 7401 times
Construction works completed on Brudingville Junction. Quadruple tracks to Albertborough. New route in place for Plumbury Coal Mine - rerouting coal traffic off the main line.
Construction works completed on Brudingville Junction. Quadruple tracks to Albertborough. New route in place for Plumbury Coal Mine - rerouting coal traffic off the main line.
9. Brudingville Junction - 1965.jpg (553.13 KiB) Viewed 7401 times
harrydouthwaite
Engineer
Engineer

Just adding in some YouTube links for the videos... Here is Episode 3, titled "Motor Mania".
Sometimes, Road Vehicles can do a better job than trains. Especially where an industry's production is moderate, but the distance isn't too far away. Buses can make good money too between towns!

https://youtu.be/WJLIo9mejTs
Last edited by kamnet on 13 Aug 2020 18:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixing youtube embed link.
harrydouthwaite
Engineer
Engineer

Episode 4 of my series with a return to Brudingville Transport, for a necessary upgrading of the junction from the main line to the Linnley branch - complicated by nearby tunnels and stations. Junction Function!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyzhUY1yU5U
harrydouthwaite
Engineer
Engineer

I wasn't particularly happy with the first recordings of 'Expanding the Network' previously in two parts, so I rerecorded it with some minor improvements, and showing in full detail what I did. For a full list, see the description on the YouTube video!
Episode 5 - Expanding the Network

harrydouthwaite
Engineer
Engineer

Well, just over a full-year after I made the last series of videos, I decided to start afresh with a new series. Here is the first episode titled "A Fresh Start"

Considering what I've learned from the previous series and other things I looked up, I decided to hit the proverbial 'restart' button (using the console) and added in some updated NewGRFs. Most notably this series uses the UKRS2 set, combined with the UKFinescale track and newest-available NewStations and ChipsStations sets.

Using the 'restart' feature had some side-effects though. Many of the towns and industries are in different locations (but not all of them).

Return to “Screenshots”