[OTTD] LaRoso's Screenshot Collection

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
LaRoso
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

[OTTD] LaRoso's Screenshot Collection

Post by LaRoso »

Hey and welcome to my little random screenshot corner :)

Here I will post from time to time my favourite screens of my games.
Feel free to ask questions or give ideas for improvement :)

Have fun poking around this place
LaRoso
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: [OTTD] LaRoso's Screenshot Collection

Post by LaRoso »

So here is my first entry.

This game appeared also in the monthly screenshot challenge. There I posted the picture of Kaiserhaven main station (the city is called harbour although it has no harbour yet :) Fortunately, there is a sea close to it). Kaiserhaven is, where I began to set up my network.
This is the screen I posted over there:
But let's get a greater view over the area first:
As you can see, there are some train lines in all directions. In the North is the Kaiserhaven Airport and in the South there will be a Harbour soon.

These screenshots have some WIP places left (as you probably can see at the standard stations)

Here you can see the area I discovered already.
In the far East you can see the only destiny Kaiserhaven Airport yet has: Naabhain with its airport.

As you probably can see, this game is completely pax based yet. I'll build it up step by step.
LaRoso
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaRoso »

Now to the fun part: the details. (There are few yet but at least there are some :) )
Here is for example the little depot area:
I'm not 100% happy that the train depot doesn't line up with the eyecandy depots behind.
LaRoso
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaRoso »

And here is Sankt Wesenitzkirchen, the very next city:
J0anJosep
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by J0anJosep »

Magnificent screenshots!!! :bow:
Formerly known as Juanjo
LaRoso
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaRoso »

I just added a highway:
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

LaRoso wrote:Now to the fun part: the details. (There are few yet but at least there are some :) )
I'm not 100% happy that the train depot doesn't line up with the eyecandy depots behind.
Nice depot. I like how you've got the carriages to stand alone outside the depot without the engine (how is that possible?).

Overall great screenshots.
Take a look at: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=74993
Why do it tomorrow when you can do it today
LaRoso
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaRoso »

dol422 wrote:
LaRoso wrote:Now to the fun part: the details. (There are few yet but at least there are some :) )
Nice depot. I like how you've got the carriages to stand alone outside the depot without the engine (how is that possible?).

Overall great screenshots.
Thanks.
There is a NewGRF called Invisible Leading engine. It's an engine so the train can move but it doesn't cost anything.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

For that same screen, the Modular loco shed stations also have overlapping pieces, so you can hide the vanilla depots.
See the latest post in my screen thread with the massive loco engineering works. There is actually a depot and quite a few switches hidden inside those buildings.
View my (train)pictures on Flickr
LaRoso
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaRoso »

jor[D]1 wrote:For that same screen, the Modular loco shed stations also have overlapping pieces, so you can hide the vanilla depots.
See the latest post in my screen thread with the massive loco engineering works. There is actually a depot and quite a few switches hidden inside those buildings.
Yeah I tried that before, but because it counts as a station I had huge problems with trains stopping there. I still have many problems with trains going the wrong ways. Furthermore, the Kaiserhaven main stations is slowly getting hopelessly overcrowded and I'm a bit too lazy to set up the timetables... :) :|
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

Set the orders as non stop, will have trains drive straight through stations they are not supposed to stop.
You can even make it default to non stop in the settings.
LaRoso
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaRoso »

jor[D]1 wrote:You can even make it default to non stop in the settings.
Oh didn't think of that :D
LaRoso
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaRoso »

I added some eyecandy to Bliesdorf
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

LaRoso wrote:
jor[D]1 wrote:For that same screen, the Modular loco shed stations also have overlapping pieces, so you can hide the vanilla depots.
Yeah I tried that before, but because it counts as a station I had huge problems with trains stopping there. I still have many problems with trains going the wrong ways. Furthermore, the Kaiserhaven main stations is slowly getting hopelessly overcrowded and I'm a bit too lazy to set up the timetables... :) :|
Overcrowded ? Huh. This, is overcrowded :
S.T.R.A.F, 14 Jan 2091.png
(172.84 KiB) Not downloaded yet
222 trains on 12 platforms ! And sure, on SOTM you will see the S-Bahn tracks, but i actually removed them so trains could pass by the airport. I hadn't much space to make it larger anyways.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

acs121 wrote:S.T.R.A.F, 14 Jan 2091.png
lol ACS...there might be many trains routed to your station, and also many people waiting...but come on if you want to show it s overcrowded the base would be at least a screenshot showing some trains :mrgreen:

back to topics

LaRosso i like your screenies, keep on posting ;)

and if i may, to avoid having too many dutch houses, you could try to load swedish set on top of what you already got, style goes well together, and you ll have much more variety of buildings appearing ;)
LaRoso
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaRoso »

acs121 wrote:Overcrowded ?
This is what I meant:
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

romazoon wrote:
acs121 wrote:S.T.R.A.F, 14 Jan 2091.png
lol ACS...there might be many trains routed to your station, and also many people waiting...but come on if you want to show it s overcrowded the base would be at least a screenshot showing some trains :mrgreen:

back to topics

LaRosso i like your screenies, keep on posting ;)

and if i may, to avoid having too many dutch houses, you could try to load swedish set on top of what you already got, style goes well together, and you ll have much more variety of buildings appearing ;)

Yes, there are some trains on the platforms, but due to very bad timetabling, all the trains come at once :D
In Pilot's screenshot of Vöhringen Hbf, there aren't much trains either, you know :wink:
Although, i greatly appreciate the use of Modern Train Station Set, and don't forget to use Berlin Hbf or Alderville as a cherry on top of the cake :

EDIT : and Roma, here is when all trains come at once !
Transports Citillois, 24 Sep 2093.png
(534.11 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The S-Bahn tracks are shown down the picture, they go through the station then get to the airport. Sadly ICEs decided to go to the airport and share their tracks with 'em !
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

Typical terminus station trouble. The capacity is basicly about half that of a through station.
Unsynchronised lines/train make it even worse. No trains at some times and many at others. As soon as trains from different lines start to cross to reach platforms the capacity will go down the drain.
If you can screen your station both filled and completely empty it's extremely poorly optimized for the amount of trains.
Always try to keep freight and throughtrains away form terminus they don't need to serve, and give them some bypass of sort.
With very precise timetable and platform planning it should be possible to get it working properly. It's a tedious job to get right, but very rewarding. I'm still hoping to achieve this in my map.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

jor[D]1 wrote:Typical terminus station trouble. The capacity is basicly about half that of a through station.
Unsynchronised lines/train make it even worse. No trains at some times and many at others. As soon as trains from different lines start to cross to reach platforms the capacity will go down the drain.
If you can screen your station both filled and completely empty it's extremely poorly optimized for the amount of trains.
Always try to keep freight and throughtrains away form terminus they don't need to serve, and give them some bypass of sort.
With very precise timetable and platform planning it should be possible to get it working properly. It's a tedious job to get right, but very rewarding. I'm still hoping to achieve this in my map.
Simply the junction is the worst you can have. I have lines going always in separate ways, to avoid one line getting trouble to another, but this junction isn't the subject of the topic. I'll discuss it on another topic.
LaRoso
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaRoso »

acs121 wrote:Simply the junction is the worst you can have. I have lines going always in separate ways, to avoid one line getting trouble to another, but this junction isn't the subject of the topic. I'll discuss it on another topic.
We're here to discuss my junctions :D

Return to “Screenshots”