acs121's screenshots.

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Dave

Re: acs121's worlds

Post by Dave »

acs121 wrote:No, it's bumping to me.
Well, it’s not to the moderating team. I’ve merged these. Please use just one thread.

You’ve been advised about this before. Another new thread will be looked upon severely.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Chrill

Re: acs121's worlds

Post by Chrill »

acs121 wrote:No, it's bumping to me.
Take a look at my screenshot thread for example. Not just because my screenshots are probably the best screenshots... in the world, also because my thread is now 10 years old and still my go-to place for my own screens. Please do use the same, even if you do not post again until 2028 :P
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=36777
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: acs121's screenshots.

Post by acs121 »

Anyways, as people want. I'll continue in this thread then.

Some pictures from around Saari, seen in the last post.
AntonioTrans, 7 Mai 2397.png
Next to the newer SBB-CFF-FFS Re 450 DPZ, and older DB ET420, abandoned since years and years in this siding. People thought it'd be scrapped one day...
(171.33 KiB) Not downloaded yet
AntonioTrans, 23 Fév 2397.png
The newly opened highway between Saari and Velkua. At upper-left, a train bound to Kälviä. On the middle, a water train going to a water source and a S-Bahn.
(500.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet
AntonioTrans, 15 Mar 2397.png
The highway ends here, at Velkua. This Vacuum Tube line was originally a test track, but due to demand of inhabitants and the lack of transports before arrival of the highway it stayed in the landscape.
(411.31 KiB) Not downloaded yet
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Line showcase : Kälviä Interurban

Towns served

Kälviä, Heinjoki, Ladenpohja, Reisjärvi, Alatornio

History

1931 : Opening between Kälviä Station and Alatornio Station, with usage by wooden Interurbans.
1947 : Closure between Kälviä Station and Kälviä Birmingham Street
1953 : Track lifted between Kälviä Station and Kälviä Birmingham Street
1977 : Closure and track lifted between Alatornio Station and Ladenpohja, replaced between Reisjärvi and Alatornio by the maglev test track
1997 : Line is diselectrified but the last Interurban is replaced by a Dm11 'Mandoliino"

Gallery
The line at the terminus in Kälviä Birmingham Street. Note the lifted track.
The line at the terminus in Kälviä Birmingham Street. Note the lifted track.
AntonioTrans, 27 Mar 2437.png (274.7 KiB) Viewed 12167 times
The line between Kälvia and Heinjoki.
The line between Kälvia and Heinjoki.
AntonioTrans, 14 Mai 2437.png (270.93 KiB) Viewed 12167 times
In Ladenpohja, the tracks have been lifted, and buildings were placed over.
In Ladenpohja, the tracks have been lifted, and buildings were placed over.
AntonioTrans, 2 Mai 2437.png (308.98 KiB) Viewed 12167 times
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

It's been quite some time i haven't posted anything. I've started a new game based again on France one or two months ago. Me and my friends started in 1700, we are yet 10 companies in 1974, but in the screenshots you will only see 4 companies.
Attachments
Gaby Transport, 29 Jul 1974.png
The center or Carlyville, the urban and interurban bus station, the town hall and the Colbert Avenue station.
(201.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Gaby Transport, 2 Aoû 1974.png
Carlyville Gare de l'Est, the country's biggest and busiest station. It sees 97 trains calling on 10 platforms !
(535.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Gaby Transport, 11 Aoû 1974.png
Further you go, at the south-east of Carlyville, near Astorielle, closer the suburbs are !
(501.5 KiB) Not downloaded yet
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Here again.
Me and my friends recently started a game on Cindini, and we decided to screen all progress.

First thing to do :

Line showcase : San Elanzo Rapid Transit - as of 1990 / 1991

History :

1984 : San Elanzo starts a project for the opening of a new high-capacity rail line running from south Alione to the Saphira district
1985 : Line construction begins
1990 : Line opens, from the south of Alione to the Saphira district

Gallery

In the south of Alione, the inhabitants of small houses hear, day and night, the Plan Y "Sprinter" trains. Because of the lack of space, the line mainly follows the road network in this district. Right now it is quite peaceful here...
S.T.R.A.F, 27 Fév 1990.png
(236.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Before going into the Barbara district, the line goes through the edges of San Elanzo by a bridge crossing the river, and going over the street ! How unlucky could be those who drive their cars right under here... it's so fast going to the Barbara district by train !
S.T.R.A.F, 14 Avr 1990.png
(280.69 KiB) Not downloaded yet
After dropping from the bridge and going through the city center by a tunnel, the train line stops right at the south of the Isla Guancoro. The level crossing here is quite dangerous, in fact, cars never see the train coming from the tunnel and they often crash here. Soon, a bridge will be built here to make this place more safe. You may also see the line going through the wild part of San Elanzo right under the Sangas bridge.
S.T.R.A.F, 20 Avr 1990.png
(254.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Gallery (continuation)

The line still runs in a wild San Elanzo, right in the Antium Parque.
It goes right under the highway viaduct, built 12 years earlier. And then it passes over a road and over a river. We are in wetlands after all, right ?
S.T.R.A.F, 23 Avr 1990.png
(240.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Again, lack of space has made it so that the line is more a tramway than a rapid transit line. Level crossings don't slow down the line, they simply make it unsafe. The last two stations are very close together, they simply have a bridge between them. The lien first goes through the Antium station, and last reaches the Saphira district, which the station is named after.
S.T.R.A.F, 26 Avr 1990.png
(278.26 KiB) Not downloaded yet
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

So finally we started AGAIN a game based on France, and it shall be its final version.

Here is the station of Marnémory Frigeollet. Built on new grounds, next to a future freight station, it is a station meant for high-speed trains. Soon, the trains from the high-speed line to Thameriel and Bergers will serve that station. It will be used as terminus for a few trains, some others continuing to the intercontinental airport of Luçailles-lès-Ormailles. The intercity trains going to Port-Girard and taking the high-speed line branch will come from Carlyville Gare de l'Ouest, and most other regional trains will pass by this station, the RER station of Marnémory being heavily congested. It will, in the future, have 6 tracks.
Attachments
S.T.R.A.F, 6 Avr 1965.png
(757.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Back again !

Marnémory Frigeollet hasn't changed much since last time. Somewhat normal, only 1 year has passed ever since. However, higher speed trains now call at the station, which also gets a bit more passengers thanks to the locals.
Frigeollet 1966.png
(375.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The S-Bahn (or RER) line to Marnémory is actually a quite busy corridor. And it runs along another busy corridor, which is the A1. The A1 runs from the center of Carlyville, up to the east of Marnémory. As we are on Sunday, there aren't many trains and coaches.
Marnémory_Est.png
(300.45 KiB) Not downloaded yet
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Skipping on to the metro.

We start our journey here, at Avenue Colbert station. It has an interchange with RER trains, however, it can't be seen from here. You will note that the metro has nothing of a metro, if it isn't the rolling stock and the 3rd rail electrification. Previously, there was a big suburban network that was ran by private companies. These lines had many stops, and were operated by steam trains. By the 30s, they were modernised and got brand new diesel rolling stock - hence the diesel railcar you can see. But, by the 60s, big urbanisation projects needed access to central Carlyville. Thus, all railway lines were connected by one and only ring line. This being said, Avenue Colbert still is a major interchange station.
Avenue_Colbert_Métro.png
(280.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet
This portion of line was built back in 1961, in order to connect the lines to the west and north and lines going to the south. It wasn't easy to dig through the city center. I guess we could say the same for the electrified line, which was built in 1964.
Métro_RueduParc.png
(273.91 KiB) Not downloaded yet
And a few services end here, at the International Airport. It used to be a ARAFRA (Armée Royale Aérienne de Franice) base, but by the 60s Carlyville needed another airport. It had to be close to the city, close to public transport and close to development projects. So they converted the ARAFRA base to a huge airport. By now, development projects have started and the building phase needs to begin. Thankfully, even though there are no locals for now, there is a metro service, using modern rolling stock.
Aéroport_LuçailleslèsOrmailles.png
(842.14 KiB) Not downloaded yet
njn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by njn »

acs121 wrote:
Gallery

In the south of Alione, the inhabitants of small houses hear, day and night, the Plan Y "Sprinter" trains. Because of the lack of space, the line mainly follows the road network in this district. Right now it is quite peaceful here...

Before going into the Barbara district, the line goes through the edges of San Elanzo by a bridge crossing the river, and going over the street ! How unlucky could be those who drive their cars right under here... it's so fast going to the Barbara district by train !

After dropping from the bridge and going through the city center by a tunnel, the train line stops right at the south of the Isla Guancoro. The level crossing here is quite dangerous, in fact, cars never see the train coming from the tunnel and they often crash here. Soon, a bridge will be built here to make this place more safe. You may also see the line going through the wild part of San Elanzo right under the Sangas bridge.
What graphics set is this? I love the way the roads and houses look.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

njn wrote:What graphics set is this? I love the way the roads and houses look.
Basic subtropical houses and roads I say.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

njn wrote:
acs121 wrote:
Gallery

What graphics set is this? I love the way the roads and houses look.
You can go download them in Online Content on the OpenTTD Menu. Search for American Road Replacement Set for the roads. The houses are available only in the sub-tropical climate.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Back on another game about Finland.

Kesälahti station is a bit special because of the very hilly terrain. On the lower level, trains run from Koski (through the tunnel) to Jomala (via the junction). Trains from the upper level run from Mikkeli to Jomala. It appears there's a lot of Class 377 trains these days.
Transports Citillois, 26 Jun 2614.png
(529.33 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Mikkeli-Varpaisjärvi station is located on top of a hill. It's part of an unfinished line to some other town down south. Today, it's still served by a few trains. It appears the suburbs it was previously located in are suddenly developing as the number of trains to Mikkeli increase.
Transports Citillois, 2 Jul 2614.png
(570.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Jomala is a very small town on the coast. But its inhabitants couldn't be luckier, as they are served by 6 trains an hour in the morning peak, 2 of them being long-distance, and others being trains to Mikkeli.
Transports Citillois, 27 Aoû 2614.png
(378.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Same game as 4 posts above, also my March 2019 SOTM entry.
S.T.R.A.F, 23 Aoû 1992#1.png
(533.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Franice, 1992. The island of Montbleu is in the middle of nowhere, with no town off the coast, and despite its connections with most of the world's biggest cities through its airport, Montbleu is still stuck in the olden days because of poor access to other places. Streetcars going through the island are getting extremely old and no other models have been delivered since the 30s. Only ships provide regular connection to the mainland, but luckily, Montbleu also has a rail freight terminal, from another tramway line, which saw its last passenger service in 1953.

Maybe the future generations will find a solution to build a road bridge or a railway bridge through Montbleu to stop isolating it. We're slowly approaching the 21th century and the island's inhabitants are confident about the future...
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

I'll start posting screens again from now on, I guess...

Here's a screen of two lines, one is a tram-train line running through the east of Fontenay-au-Lac. It used to be a 1-meter gauge railway line, now it has been electrified and adapted for higher speeds. On the right, the main, 4-tracked line passing through Fontenay-au-Lac.
Attachments
Fontenay_Gambetta.png
Fontenay_Gambetta.png (619.15 KiB) Viewed 1948 times

Return to “Screenshots”