Pokemonprime's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Pokemonprime
Engineer
Engineer

Pokemonprime's Screenshots

Post by Pokemonprime »

Hello there! Creating a thread to showcase some of my screenshots. I had a long length-y roleplay-y worldbuilding post about locomotive classes but that deleted itself, so I'll just explain all that as I go I guess.

First we have 4 GG-1s (Or as my classing system goes, GESC-3) in the city of Wunston. If I remember correctly, these are all of sequential numbers as well. You can also see some GMC Old Looks running around, I have around 5 in intercity service.

More GG-1 action with one here hauling lightweight coaches on the outskirts of Wunston, going under two road bridges, both being connected to a central petroleum fuels transfer station that the two tankers are heading back to. They're specifically tanker-trailer Access Rigels, two of 18 total dedicated to petroleum service in Wunston and Chenningpool Falls.

This is an area I quite like, a mix of everything. Top right you can see a Steel Interurban Motor, which due to CanSet's slightly absurd stats and passenger coach matching, I essentially treat as M.U.s. The second Interurban on the end doesn't really work, and on the rest of trains in this style it's just a coach. Also, right in front of the passenger station is old narrow gauge track, inactive since 1917 when I standard gauged and electrified the railroad. In that process, the whole station at this coal mine was reoriented, leaving this old depot and track in the dust. Now, as the city is positively exploding every couple days, it's slowly integrated into the city proper.

Finally here's a simple screenshot that I like for some reasons, my two flavors of ore/coal hauling boxcab at work. The EF-1s are "newer" (still clocking in at about 23 years old), and the Baldwin Boxcab pair nearby are aging beasts, more than a few years past their recommended operating life. The EF-1s almost mass-replaced the Baldwin Boxcabs, outside of the few trains that already had two units on the lashup and could handle the longer heavier trains.
Pokemonprime
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Pokemonprime's Screenshots

Post by Pokemonprime »

Thanks! I should mention the upcoming posts will be a bit more roleplay-y/worldbuild-y (the original post was too, before I lost it. Always save long posts...) so I apologize if some of the upcoming screenshots aren't *super* riveting, though I'll try my best and always attach some "lore" to them to add interest.
Pokemonprime
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Pokemonprime's Screenshots

Post by Pokemonprime »

Photographed here back in 1956 are SERR 8007 & 8008, two more basic GE steeplecab models. At this time, the Sindingstone Electric was focusing primarily on expanding in passenger transit fields, with the production of new fast passenger electrics by locomotive constructing companies and railroad shops. Freight locomotives were a less active market, earlier designers by Alco and Baldwin were now past production, and while some larger designs like the EL-C constructed by the Virginian Railroad did come about, they were deemed oversized and far too large for the railroad's use, as well as extremely pricey. These years brought about some interesting lashups, including this little double-head of steeplecabs, bought up from a dying interurban freight line.

Next is the (for now) most common class on the railroad, the ES-2. Originally built alongside MILW's initial units, GE was eventually coaxed into producing them for the SERR after the MILW stopped buying. This double-headed lashup was actually not a result of scrounging for units, but intentionally done as it was believed, at the time, that dedicating larger and more expensive EF-1 units to the task was unneeded. This is actually the pair's last run, as SERR 2005 and 2006 are due for retirement after 48 years at service, as part of a system wide upgrading program with the introduction of new units fit to replace the largely aging fleet of Baldwin boxcabs, EF-1s, and ES-2s. It's expected for 13 ES-2s, 8 Baldwin boxcabs, and 14 EF-1s (the entire class) to be retired by 1970 at the latest, replaced by E44 and SW1200MG units where applicable.

Sorry for the small post, started playing again and just wanted to hammer a small thing out.

Return to “Screenshots”