Screenshots -- You need them? Well they are here.

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
SpeedyZapGaming
Engineer
Engineer

Screenshots -- You need them? Well they are here.

Post by SpeedyZapGaming »

THIS TOPIC HAS ENDED :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :roll: :roll: :roll: :bow: :bow: :bow: :lol: :lol: :lol: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Last edited by SpeedyZapGaming on 26 Mar 2017 13:13, edited 1 time in total.
SpeedyZapGaming
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Screenshots -- You need them? Well they are here.

Edited a screenshot from the Competion:
Attachments
OpenTTD Screenshot (8).png
OpenTTD Screenshot (8).png (417.67 KiB) Viewed 3222 times
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

SpeedyZapGaming wrote:Edited a screenshot from the Competion:
And where is the credit for EXTSpotter and Romazoon who spent several hours putting the original screenshot together (I know because I was a part of the same multiplayer game when they made it). Further to that, are they okay with you "editing" their Screenshot? Also, what have you actually "edited"? I see no difference between the original and this one? Original Screenshot was entered into this SOTM Competition, in July 2012.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Pilot wrote:...
He changed nothing, but simply took a screenshot. It is not good to steal someone else's.. I think it's better to make your own screenshots from the game and put it on this forum. This is my opinion.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
luxtram
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by luxtram »

STD wrote:
He changed nothing, but simply took a screenshot. It is not good to steal someone else's.. I think it's better to make your own screenshots from the game and put it on this forum. This is my opinion.
There are actually changes. Contrast has been changed a bit (I think it is slightly more pleasing now) and there are small but interesting details added. Put two images over each other in the editor and compare. :)
California City Sets viewtopic.php?t=76786
1000 building set viewtopic.php?t=75250
luxtram
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by luxtram »

Here viewtopic.php?f=47&t=74447&p=1178291#p1178291 is my screenshot. Feel free to check if you can improve it.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

luxtram wrote:
STD wrote:
There are actually changes. Contrast has been changed a bit (I think it is slightly more pleasing now) and there are small but interesting details added. Put two images over each other in the editor and compare. :)
They're such minor, almost un-noticable changes, I still can't see them (I even had the images open in 2 tabs, and changed between them and couldn't notice a difference). Even so, he's not bothered to even credit the original makers of the image, I doubt he's asked them, it all feels wrong to me.
luxtram
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by luxtram »

Pilot wrote:
luxtram wrote:
STD wrote:
They're such minor, almost un-noticable changes, I still can't see them (I even had the images open in 2 tabs, and changed between them and couldn't notice a difference). Even so, he's not bothered to even credit the original makers of the image, I doubt he's asked them, it all feels wrong to me.
There is more water under ship and there is a small addition to the lifter next to the crane. No, these are not big changes but I find them still interesting (I find finding small details to improve interesting). Also SpeedyZapGaming told that these are edits, and I guess SpeedyZapGaming just does not know how things go around here.

Hi SpeedyZapGaming, if you are using somebodies else work then unless its licence permits avoiding it, you have to credit the original author. Also it may be, and should be assumed by default, unless stated differently by an licence, that the original author does not welcome creation of derivative work (that is also edits etc). Therefore you should always ask for permission to post such work (some people are more relaxed about this but some people are extremely sensitive about this) unless grant is given by the licence (say author says that it is under CC or GPL licence etc).

I think that your work is interesting, so keep doing what you do, just do not hurt peoples feelings (i.e. ask for permission, by PM (private message), when not sure).
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

In this game is not so difficult to make your screenshots. But I'm not against using my screenshots :) . Anyone can use my screenshots, and all the scenarios that were posted on this forum, and in online content. Just in this case actually almost any visible changes compared to the original. That's the catch :wink: .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
SpeedyZapGaming
Engineer
Engineer

Sorry everyone this thing was a bad idea

Return to “Screenshots”