[OTTD] harrythecat01's screens

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
harrythecat01
Engineer
Engineer

[OTTD] harrythecat01's screens

Post by harrythecat01 »

Hey there! 8)

Somewhat new user here. I have browsed the screenshot section for some time now, but I never decided to post anything from my own saves for some reason. I have experimented a great deal with grfs, but I think I have finally found a compilation that I like. It includes FIRS, ISR, 2cc in NML, DB trainset, and many others. I can post a full list if anyone wants. I'm showing off the map I just made for pure fun, with average difficulty settings and only one company. Someone from the trust-busting era might get mad at me for my complete monopoly over this massive map, but I'd like to think that I make my patrons fairly satisfied. This map is huge (4096 x 1024) and it's gotten so complex that the game is almost frozen when I zoom all the way out. There's a lot of stuff here and I've spent a long time in this still-WIP map. Tell me what you think!

Sheldon North, the first station that I graced this map with, has remained relatively unchanged throughout its service. Despite this, Sheldon has grown substantially since the station's initial construction and the station is now serviced by a dozen trains. These include the local line, servicing Sheldon and another city a schlepp uphill from it, in the top lane, and a regional train that goes to the city we'll view next.

Phoenix, just a little infant of a city when i was a budding engineer in this map, made me assume that it would never inflate into a metropolis. Obviously, I was quite mistaken and I was forced to lengthen the station several times so it could accommodate the 1,800-passenger-capacity monster trains I service it with. These and some residual regional trains I have running here are just enough to keep ratings above 50%. The local authority is only somewhat permissive of my actions here, otherwise I would've expanded the station a long time ago.

Moving to a more industrial setting, Nichols Industrial Park is one of the larger industry hubs in the map. Serviced by 7 trains and about 50 trucks, this station will produce anywhere from 4,000 to 10,000 tons of building materials in a month.

Want more? Give the word! I've got loads more to share :wink:
Here is my screenshot thread! Check it out if you like FIRS!

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive." -Elbert Hubbard
harrythecat01
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] harrythecat01's screens

Post by harrythecat01 »

The name is (hopefully) pure humor. I'm not aware of any actual wildlife lubrication going on here. This station is serviced by 12 freighters from 8 offshore drilling sites and 14 trains transporting the gasoline to gas stations and machine shops, and the chemicals to a plastics refinery. In hindsight, I shouldn't have installed that new foundations GRF because it makes some of my docks look silly :?

Despite the loads of industrial infrastructure, many areas of the map remain entirely rural. Here, we see a train passing over a viaduct on its way to a scrapyard.

Let me know what image size you prefer. I like the large images, but small ones will probably load faster for those with slower internet.

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive." -Elbert Hubbard
Dave

Post by Dave »

Golly! Welcome aboard, we will see more of you, please!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
harrythecat01
Engineer
Engineer

Post by harrythecat01 »

Dave wrote:Golly! Welcome aboard, we will see more of you, please!
:D Why thank you, kind sir! Your kind words have prompted me to dump some more images for the community's viewing pleasure. Props to you guys here for maintaining such an idyllic community; I play lots of games and this community is by far the best I've seen. Anyway...

This time, I've decided to feature some interchanges of mine so that you can get the complete Dank™ experience.

This is a newer interchange of completely of my own design, although it likely resembles something on the Wiki due to the sheer number of interchanges available for research there.

:bow: This is my Rachmaninoff's Third, my Eiffel Tower, and my Statue of Liberty. An interchange based off of the roundabout interchange on the Wiki but heavily modified for scale, efficiency, and space constrictions, this beast took me a few hours of drafting and re-drafting to get right. This work I was willing to put in because previous interchanges I had built (A long time ago, in other maps) didn't opt for a turn-right-to-go-left system, and thus had to cut across my mainlines some places. Little did I know, this would be an awfully slow and ugly system that also creates massive deadlocks. It was around the fourth time or so of having to deal with a 30-train pileup resulting in a collision that I waved the white flag and visited your Wiki to find a better solution. I couldn't find one due to my very specific size constraints and lack of 4-line by 4-way interchanges available there, but I did pick up some very important design techniques nonetheless. This interchange, in stark contrast to others I've built, is capable of comfortably handling up to 10x 4 to 12 unit trains at a time with no stoppages, and I find it somewhat entrancing to watch trains effortlessly flow through it. My only issue with it is how long it takes for a for a train turning left to make the trip, but I am willing to make that sacrifice in exchange for very smooth operation and great eye candy.

Now that I've conquered the finer elements of placing ISR/DWE Objects, I can enjoy the lovely appearance of fully furnished ports. Here, we see a few hovercrafts bringing full loads of fish to land, where they are filleted and packaged to be loaded onto some reefer trucks of mine that transport it to Victoria.

Another large industrial hub, Le Roy Powerplant (Is it pronounced Lee Roy? Or Leroy? I still don't know), smelts at least 20,000 tons of metal per month. I had to keep expanding the station due to the amount of metal piling up; I grossly underestimated the efficaciousness of delivering engineering supplies to Le Roy's bauxite mine during initial construction.

Bayard Woods, yet another port jazzed up with objects masquerading as stations, is supplied with lots of milk and livestock to keep 5 cities north of here fed and hydrated.

Silverton, the largest city supplied with Dank meat and milk from Bayard Woods, is a station I struggle to keep empty. That being said, it is fun watching the animated people on the platforms milling about.

I haven't posted in a little bit, which is why there is more content this time. If y'all want to see more, don't hesitate to toss a comment in here telling me what you think!

harrythecat01
Engineer
Engineer

Post by harrythecat01 »

ISA wrote:I like Your station building stile! 8)
Thank you ISA! It takes a long time to build stations before I am satisfied with the look, I guess I'm spoiled by what great stations look like :P
Despite this, I greatly enjoy watching the finished product in action.

Here's another station of mine:

Dresden (Not the real one, Americans are really bad at making original city names) is the home to the largest metal foundry in the Dank Train and Car Memes, Inc. network, servicing 12 trains and over 30 road vehicles. It churns out 90,000 tons of metal a month. I can't imagine how stressful it would be to work there.

The same station with higher zoom on the right side to emphasize the details.

That's all for now! enjoy :wink:

leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

I don't particularly like carpeting the landscape with rails, but you certainly have a way with station design. Please keep the pics coming :)
Dave

Post by Dave »

What Leif said - thought you'd ruined it with those over the top junctions in your first two pics - dragged it right back with some stunning industrial shots further down the post though, cor. They're good.

(this is, however, an opinion - and you should do whatever you choose!)
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
harrythecat01
Engineer
Engineer

Post by harrythecat01 »

I definitely have a habit of carpeting landscape with rails due to the size of the maps I play on and the sheer volume of trains I run on the lines. I thought having lots of rails was the point :P

Victoria has gotten so large that I converted the rail line there to monorail to increase passenger turnover.

A smaller volume industrial station, where clay is converted to bricks.

It's often a struggle balancing the number of trains with the length of each train, but I think in many cases focusing on the latter is the better use of time. Here, long trains work very well.

leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

harrythecat01 wrote:I definitely have a habit of carpeting landscape with rails due to the size of the maps I play on and the sheer volume of trains I run on the lines. I thought having lots of rails was the point :P
The point of this game isn't that easily defined. I guess that there are as many different "points" as there are players :)

For my part, I'm only playing with ships and RVs, and my "point" of the game is to create somewhat realistic, or at least nice-looking, points of communication, as well as the network binding them together. That being said, I find some of your station designs quite stunning. Keep up the good work :)
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

harrythecat01 wrote:I thought having lots of rails was the point :P
Nice shots
My point is to have a lot of trains on few rails (add when needed). In other words be efficient even tough it isn't the point in the game.
harrythecat01
Engineer
Engineer

Post by harrythecat01 »

This station is a newer one, it services two forests and ships the wood to a paper facility.

Pleasantville is (possibly) made slightly (maybe) more (probably not) pleasant with this lovely port.

I've always liked the look of long trains. I guess it reminds me of the real-world equivalent of TTD.

harrythecat01
Engineer
Engineer

Post by harrythecat01 »

Oops, I've been gone for a while. Here's a little more.

Rick Harrison, A city on a for away island, has recently been connected to the Dank network with this port.

Harambe is on the same port network.

Bowling Green Woods is one of the few stations serviced with a Transrapid line, as its passenger turnover is exceedingly high.

harrythecat01
Engineer
Engineer

Post by harrythecat01 »

A different design of port that looks kinda neat. It's supplied with manufacturing supplies from nearby to keep the high food output.

Small stations like this one are seen pretty common but I seldom show them because they are just too uninteresting.

Small ports can be pretty useful in tight spaces in the middle of large cities

A station design from the Dutch Station Set that I particularly like.

This huge station serves an equally oversized city.

That's all for now! Till next time...

harrythecat01
Engineer
Engineer

Post by harrythecat01 »

Remember Milltown Woods? This is where all that wood goes. Of the 8,000-some tons of wood produced there, most of it's shipped here and turned into paper and furniture. This, presumably, occurs with the occasional paper edge related injury, hence the station name.

I added a few more trains to Milltown since I last posted so I decided to do some internal accounting and crunch some numbers. As it turns out, the 28 trains now operating at this station turned a net profit of $19,225,102 last year by supplying paper cuts to wage cucks working at a paper mill. The world sure is a strange place.

The wood not immediately crammed onto a flatcar and cut into paper is sent here to be converted to lumber; then it is sent back to Macedonia. This doubles the cost of moving the product and adds trains to the line, but it is the only sawmill I could find anywhere close to the papercut.

Return to “Screenshots”