[OTTD] leifbk's screenshots (mostly ships and RVs)

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Re: [OTTD] leifbk's screenshots (no trains, no planes)

Post by leifbk »

1911_glasswork.png
1911_glasswork.png (412.24 KiB) Viewed 11437 times
The new Jonstangen glass works, kindly financed by the transport company. Its main objective is to provide the Slåttsveen brewery with bottles. The first shipment of bottles is being loaded at the center dock, while a shipment of chemicals is being unloaded at the right dock. The production of window panes at the facility is intended to be shipped from the left dock, although the destination for those has not yet been determined. The tram line from the Rekheim cement plant has been extended to this point, and sand is being freighted from the same quarry that provides the cement plant with stone.
1911_map.png
1911_map.png (33.67 KiB) Viewed 11435 times
A map showing most of the traffic in 1911. The chemicals from the Moltedokka bulk terminal is now freighted by trams. Another one of the forests east of Flisholt has been added to the paper mill's supplies. The chemicals for the new glass works go by ship from another bulk terminal at Kirketveit. Coal for the Rekheim cement plant is freighted by ship from a mine at Trosttveit.
1911_dauingmyr.png
1911_dauingmyr.png (569.13 KiB) Viewed 11435 times
The Dauingmyr quarry, to the far left on the map above. The sand goes by ship to the glass works, while the stone goes by tram to the cement plant. The new dump trams (from Road Hog beta-7) are beautiful, in the company's own colours of light green and yellow. (I have settled for those colours a long time ago.)
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

Out of curiosity, do you play with the Infrastructure Maintenance option turned on? And if you do, how do you manage with it? I keep finding large road networks start to get a bit economically problematic with it on. I'd guess maybe using more ships than I do might help with that.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

Gremnon wrote:Out of curiosity, do you play with the Infrastructure Maintenance option turned on? And if you do, how do you manage with it? I keep finding large road networks start to get a bit economically problematic with it on. I'd guess maybe using more ships than I do might help with that.
No, I haven't bothered with the infrastructure maintenance. I usually don't care much about the economy (after the initial phase at least). I'm more in the sandbox mode, fooling around with objects and trying to create good-looking sites. Although I can take an occasional challenge, as I did when I proved that it was indeed possible to run a horse transport from 1714 into modern times, with inflation on. But fighting economical obstacles isn't generally my idea of a good game. I've never investigated the IM effects, but I suppose that it will favour shipping, which requires minimal infrastructure.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

1917_kjerringtveit.png
1917_kjerringtveit.png (537.41 KiB) Viewed 11393 times
The little town of Kjerringtveit has not been impressed by the transport company's doings since it was run through by the main eastern tram line. To enhance the reputation, it has become the sole recipient of the famous Slåttsveen brew. In addition, a hotel, a beach, and a camping place have been constructed. Now Kjerringtveit is a major holiday and vacation site. Town growth is still set to None, but will presently be turned to Slow.
oftcrash
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by oftcrash »

Love it! I'm such a sucker for eye candy and story elements :)
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

1919_kjerringtveit.png
1919_kjerringtveit.png (574.6 KiB) Viewed 11315 times
A passenger tram line to Kjerringtveit from the nearby town of Rekheim has been added to the company's undertakings, and the town growth has been turned on. Strangely, Kjerringtveit does not grow at all. The company financed some new buildings, and then there was a brief flurry in the activity, but it reverted to no growth in a few months.

The company's passenger trams are always coloured light blue and dark blue, somewhat like the trams of Oslo. It's a nice combination, and rather homely for me.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

leifbk wrote:no growth
I supose this is happening because your station (the station's sign) is out of any town zone, the town consider then that there is no station in activity in town and so don t give you any growth
two solution :
- make the station signs closer to the town (near the tram stop for exemple)
- keep funding some buildings, the town will grow and finally consider your station inside its town zone
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

romazoon wrote:I supose this is happening because your station (the station's sign) is out of any town zone, the town consider then that there is no station in activity in town and so don t give you any growth
Thank you romazoon, that did the trick. I blew up and rebuilt the dock, and the town is on its path to glory:
1919_kjerringtveit_2.png
1919_kjerringtveit_2.png (586.57 KiB) Viewed 11277 times
The local authority rating immediately went from Mediocre to Good as well.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

I've been busy with other things for a month now. I wasn't quite happy with my last map, so I've started a new one, this time with medium number of industries, and low number of towns.
1833_sundstad.png
1833_sundstad.png (350.43 KiB) Viewed 11119 times
Here is the Sundstad fishing harbour in 1833. Fish arrives on the north side, and food departs on the south side.
1833_fishing.png
1833_fishing.png (27.67 KiB) Viewed 11119 times
The output of this fishing ground is too large to be handled by schooners, so for the first time I'm deploying clippers for fishing. They will of course be exchanged with Little Cumbraes in 1860. This place won't see a real fishing boat until the 1950s.
1833_coalmine.png
1833_coalmine.png (596.74 KiB) Viewed 11119 times
For now, I've only got a few skeleton chains going. Besides the fishing industry, there's a paper mill getting wood from one forest, and a brick work getting clay and coal via a canal. Here is the coalmine supplying the brick work.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

1836_brickwork.png
1836_brickwork.png (363.81 KiB) Viewed 11109 times
The Svalstua brick work, which also now is supplied with sand from an offshore site. Raw materials are delivered at the north side, and the bricks are loaded on clippers at the west side.
1836_lyngbrokk.png
1836_lyngbrokk.png (407.36 KiB) Viewed 11109 times
And the first brick load has arrived at Lyngbrokk. There appears to have been a terrible accident here, somewhat resembling a white sails variation on the Philadelphia Experiment. I'll better deploy some seagulls, lest my brick-carrying clippers all disappear into a parallell universe.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

1971_oilfield.png
1971_oilfield.png (342.94 KiB) Viewed 11028 times
I haven't been much in the mood for playing lately, and my current game is proceeding slowly. It's 1971, and the company has recently started with oil transport. Here's a small oilfield which has gotten a full treatment with ISR/DWE objects.
1971_refinery.png
1971_refinery.png (507.21 KiB) Viewed 11028 times
The refinery. No shipment of gasoline and chemicals yet.
1971_sundstad.png
1971_sundstad.png (362.67 KiB) Viewed 11028 times
The Sundstad fishing village revisited. This industry is receiving fish from 14 fishing banks, processing 1,300 tons of food each month.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

1972_lyngbrokk.png
1972_lyngbrokk.png (513.5 KiB) Viewed 11025 times
And the obligatory brewery. For now, it's only receiving grain and fruit from two nearby sites, and no bottles, so the production is moderate and easily handled by Provence tankers. We'll be waiting for the Nieuwpoort to arrive before any major increase in production is considered.

Lyngbrokk is still receiving an awful lot of bricks, currently transported by 9 Santorinis.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Very beautiful ports stations. I really like it. Everything looks great and elegant :)) .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

1739_brickwork.png
1739_brickwork.png (423.17 KiB) Viewed 10919 times
I started a new game, this time going all the way back to 1701. This is the Farhei brick work. 135 brigs are bringing clay, sand, and coal, and 104 brigs are taking the bricks to the town of Varvik. You need a massive number of those small and slow ships for running a volume industry like a brick work, but building materials is a very profitable cargo for them. Shipping 400 tons per month on brigs is a shipload every third or fourth day. It's getting better after 1750, when the Merchantman arrives, and I shall upgrade the brick route. For the raw materials, the brigs will have to do until 1790, when the barque comes.
1739_varvik.png
1739_varvik.png (383.35 KiB) Viewed 10919 times
The Varvik harbour.
1744_fishing.png
1744_fishing.png (346.59 KiB) Viewed 10912 times
The Gromstad fishing harbour. Fish arrives to the right, while food departs to the left.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

1770_brewery.png
1770_brewery.png (296.88 KiB) Viewed 10880 times
The Smultrud brewery. It is currently receiving grain from 2 farms by ship, and hops from a fruit yard by horse cart.
1770_slyngmyr.png
1770_slyngmyr.png (483.9 KiB) Viewed 10880 times
The Slyngmyr farm. It is being supplied with fertiliser fram a nearby port. The port has an output of 45 crates of farming supplies per month, and the farm goes gung-ho most of the time. But it's occasionally down on enhanced, and then there's a buildup of waiting grain ships in this harbour.
1770_port.png
1770_port.png (437.86 KiB) Viewed 10880 times
Hønssund with its port. I had to fill up a lot of land here, as there was no space for a station.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

1901_steelwork.png
1901_steelwork.png (656.52 KiB) Viewed 10799 times
The Sørheim steel work, financed by the company. It is receiving raw materials from 3 scrap yards, 2 iron ore mines, and 1 coal mine, and the current output is about 600 tons of steel per month. We're waiting for the new electric dump trams, which should be just around the corner.
1910_foundry.png
1910_foundry.png (525.29 KiB) Viewed 10774 times
The Fredjord foundry, recipient of the Sørheim steel. There's no supply of chemicals yet, so the production is modest.
1910_stockyard.png
1910_stockyard.png (637.16 KiB) Viewed 10774 times
The Svalstua stockyard, where the tin from the foundry goes, and a nearby coal mine.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

1925_forest.png
1925_forest.png (400.39 KiB) Viewed 10756 times
The Langøra forest gets chalk from a nearby lime kiln, and is going full tilt. The wood goes to the Kvernvåg paper mill.
1925_bulk.png
1925_bulk.png (91.89 KiB) Viewed 10756 times
The Grånes bulk terminal, built on a tiny island in the middle of the ocean. I could have put a molo around it, but then, tankers dock at offshore platforms all the time. The chemicals go to the Kvernvåg paper mill.
1925_papermill.png
1925_papermill.png (397.99 KiB) Viewed 10756 times
The Kvernvåg paper mill. The cardboard goes to the Gromstad fishing facility, and the paper goes to the Hønssund port. The liquids terminal at the eastern side is a recent addition, as the chemicals now arrive by Eddystone tankers instead of Little Cumbraes.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

1968_oilwell.png
1968_oilwell.png (725.55 KiB) Viewed 10659 times
Just in case anyone was wondering: I do know how to set up a train line. Here's a double oilfield with a two track terminus station, served by three trains, each with a Vulcan Diesel (from Iron Horse) hauling 7 tank cars.
1968_refinery.png
1968_refinery.png (570.61 KiB) Viewed 10659 times
The brand new Laksnes refinery, with a single track Ro-Ro station. No ships yet.
1968_bridge.png
1968_bridge.png (175.39 KiB) Viewed 10659 times
And a totally over-the-top spanning of a wide sound. I wonder if the oil will ever pay for it, but at this stage I've got lots of money to throw away.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

leifbk wrote:Just in case anyone was wondering: I do know how to set up a train line
You've not done a bad job of it! Just 2 issues. The signals at the terminus station need to be turned to face the other way, and the signal just before the tunnel on the way out of the terminus station should be removed, as any train stopped there can block the junction, not allowing the another train to enter the station.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

Pilot wrote:
leifbk wrote:Just in case anyone was wondering: I do know how to set up a train line
You've not done a bad job of it! Just 2 issues. The signals at the terminus station need to be turned to face the other way, and the signal just before the tunnel on the way out of the terminus station should be removed, as any train stopped there can block the junction, not allowing the another train to enter the station.
Thanks a lot, Pilot. I wasn't thinking quite far enough ahead :)
1974_oilwell.png
1974_oilwell.png (724.03 KiB) Viewed 10649 times
Here's my second oil well station, with the same layout as the first one, and the signals fixed per your suggestion. I got a deadlock here because of overcapacity, as both tracks on the station were occupied, and a third train got its nose out of the depot and blocked the route. Turning the station signals around fixed the problem, as the third train will now stay in the depot while waiting for a path. That isn't quite obvious, as those are two-way path signals. For the rest of the line I've deployed one-way path signals.

Return to “Screenshots”