[OTTD] leifbk's screenshots (mostly ships and RVs)

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Re: [OTTD] leifbk's screenshots (no trains, no planes)

Post by leifbk »

Cheers ;)
2141_refinery.png
2141_refinery.png (474.77 KiB) Viewed 10937 times
The Honsjø refinery has been upgraded with piping, including dock-overlapping tiles. It looks a lot more like a real oil harbour now.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

You are using my ISR-style Dock GRF right? To change the appearance of the dock to ISR style tiles?
What parameter have you set? It looks like the parameter that gives two tiles. There is also a parameter setting, that changes one of those tiles into water.
That way the pipeline-dock-overlapping tile appears to be in water. (now its over a ISR-tile)

This off course also changes the appearance of your other docks, but there are also dock-overlapping tiles (that can be placed in water) that have foundations to overlap the watertile to correct the "gap" you get, like this:
Example177.png
Example177.png (149.25 KiB) Viewed 10930 times
And dont forget to let the water fill all the tiles before you place an object ;-) The tile between the ships on 28% and 50% wasnt filled with water before you placed that tile ;-)
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

Quast65 wrote:You are using my ISR-style Dock GRF right? To change the appearance of the dock to ISR style tiles?
What parameter have you set? It looks like the parameter that gives two tiles. There is also a parameter setting, that changes one of those tiles into water.
That way the pipeline-dock-overlapping tile appears to be in water. (now its over a ISR-tile)
I've set the parameter 1 to 4, empty tile without rails. I have found that to be the best fit all-round, in particular in the sailship era. I have tried most of the dock variants, but this is the one that has stuck.
Quast65 wrote:And dont forget to let the water fill all the tiles before you place an object ;-) The tile between the ships on 28% and 50% wasnt filled with water before you placed that tile ;-)
Aah, I see! Thank you!

The overlap objects are quite tricky to work with, and I hadn't figured out until now that you have to place it on the tile next to the dock. I'm reworking several harbours now.
2142_refinery.png
2142_refinery.png (357.2 KiB) Viewed 10926 times
I think that I'm getting the hang of it.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

I hadn't figured out until now that you have to place it on the tile next to the dock.
;-) Glad you figured it out! I look forward to more shots!

All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

2149_bjornbru1.png
2149_bjornbru1.png (333.48 KiB) Viewed 10864 times
Bjørnbru in 2149. The main east side harbour has recently been extended all along the waterfront. On the west side, a harbour for recyclables has been added, and a leisure boat marina.
2149_bjornbru.png
(864.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet
A closeup of the same view.
2150_brewery.png
2150_brewery.png (367.79 KiB) Viewed 10856 times
A long-needed expansion of the Hareset brewery harbour. This site has become rather cramped over the years.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

2151_lysbrokk.png
2151_lysbrokk.png (300.23 KiB) Viewed 10833 times
The Lysbrokk brewery now gets manufacturing supplies from the Torstjern recycling plant, and the production has skyrocketed. The 8 integrated tanker trucks have been replaced by 32 long articulated ones.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

2169_presthatten.png
2169_presthatten.png (366.59 KiB) Viewed 10747 times
The new oil transit harbour at Presthatten, a simple facility with just one dock. The small tank ships from 8 offshore platforms in the southern ocean transfer their loads here. The oil is then carried to the Honsjø refinery by 7 Yokohamas.
2171_refinery.png
2171_refinery.png (480.27 KiB) Viewed 10738 times
The Honsjø refinery has been expanded with a truck station. There has also been a substantial increase in oil deliveries from the southern offshore platforms, which has prompted the upgrade of the chemical tankers from Eddystones to Hopetowns, and the gasoline tankers from Hopetowns to Yokohamas. The key factor in the latter upgrade is of course that the refinery must be able to provide a shipment at least every third month, in order to keep the Stakskog bulk terminal going gung-ho all the time.
2172_bulk.png
2172_bulk.png (365.36 KiB) Viewed 10733 times
One of the Honsjø gasoline tankers is unloading at the Stakskog bulk terminal. A new Marico LNG ship can be seen at the harbour too.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

1803_fishing.png
1803_fishing.png (260.34 KiB) Viewed 10716 times
New game, the previous one was getting rather old. This is the Ranglesund Transport Company's first venture in 1803, two years after its inauguration. 22 schooners serve 3 fishing banks. The company is heavily indebted, but the economy is sound. The installation is still just the bare necessities; a dock and a depot, and no adornments. That will have to wait until the money starts rolling.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Looking at all your shipping screenshots, I realize what's missing. Instead of having seagulls as objects, we need tugboats as objects for the ships to sit between, so it looks like the tugboats are helping to keep the ship pushed against the jettys!
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

Sure, some tugboat objects would be nice. There are also some Marico lights under "Moles" which could be used as ship guidings. Personally, I like the seagulls :)
1807_papermill.png
1807_papermill.png (496.74 KiB) Viewed 10675 times
As industries are closing all over the place for lack of deliveries, a paper mill has been secured for the company. It's located at a nice distance from the fishing harbour, which it will supply with cardboard. The forest has a base production of 99 tons per month, about the limit of what the horse carts can comfortably handle.
1807_overview.png
1807_overview.png (318.47 KiB) Viewed 10675 times
An overview with the fishing harbour in the lower left, and the paper mill in the upper right. The isthmus with the timber road will be penetrated by a canal for the cardboard ships. The picture also shows the company's fourth fishing ground, yielding 140 tons per month. It employs 22 fishing schooners, effectively doubling the company's fishing fleet.
san-ho-zay
Engineer
Engineer

Post by san-ho-zay »

I think the blank water tile object works. It's just difficult to see where you put it, so I like the seagulls too.

Love the screenshots BTW.
san-ho-zay
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

1820_papermill.png
1820_papermill.png (467.07 KiB) Viewed 10659 times
It's 1820, and a harbour with three docks has been constructed for the paper mill. Clay and chemicals are delivered by barques and merchantmen respectively. The brand new Clipper is being deployed for the transport of cardboard to the Ranglesund fishing harbour.
1821_canal.png
1821_canal.png (529.96 KiB) Viewed 10655 times
The Rekheim canal.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Very beautiful and gorgeous screenshots. I really like your style of building ports. Well done :)) .
From your gameplay I can learn much in terms of construction and the style of play like yours.
I'm waiting for new saves and screenshots of your games.
And you really don't like playing with trains in the game? Why?
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

1867_bulk.png
1867_bulk.png (374.03 KiB) Viewed 10610 times
The Moltedokka bulk terminal, which is providing chemicals for the Rekheim paper mill. I'm in the process of replacing the clippers with small steamers.

There are several reasons why I don't like playing with trains. The primary one is that they take up far too much space for my taste. They also tend to require more attention than ships and RVs. I've got a very relaxed playing style, and I've found that ships and RVs suit my temper well.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I agree with you about trains. With ships and cars easier and safer as you say. Trains require a lot of attention, otherwise there will be different traffic jams, accidents. I'll try to play with ships and vehicles later in another new game :) .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

1874_cement.png
1874_cement.png (675.86 KiB) Viewed 10575 times
The Rekheim cement plant, just south of the Rekheim canal. It receives stone, coal, and clay by ship, and recently a tram line from a nearby quarry has been opened, sharing part of the tracks with the timber line to the paper mill. The first forest can be seen uphill behind the cement plant, and the old horse road, which has now been partly abandoned. Due to the much larger capacity of the trams over the horses, a second forest a short distance to the west has also been added to the paper mill supplies.
1881_map.png
1881_map.png (35.1 KiB) Viewed 10548 times
A map showing most of the traffic in 1881. A tram mainline has been constructed between Rekheim and Flisholt, where two forests have been connected to the paper mill. Two clay pits that previously were served by ships, are now served by trams. One is the pit east of Kjerringtveit which is supplying the cement plant. The other one, situated by tje fjord opposite of Slørnes, is supplying the paper mill. Further eastwards the line passes yet another two forests, and will ultimately also provide transport for the chemicals from the Moltedokka bulk terminal at the inner end of the fjord. However, the trams still lack the capacity to go much further than the Slørnes clay pit.
1881_bridge.png
1881_bridge.png (413.32 KiB) Viewed 10548 times
The suspension bridge connecting the two north-eastern mainlands. Spanning 10 tiles, I assume it's about the limit of what might realistically have been constructed at the time. The excavation of tunnels on both sides of the sound provided a lot of landfill to shorten the bridge span.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

1883_papermill.png
1883_papermill.png (552.93 KiB) Viewed 10544 times
A visit to the Rekheim paper mill. A Cumbrae is delivering a load of chemicals, while wood and clay are delivered by trams. A Windjammer filled with cardboard has just left, destined for the Ranglesund fish market. Another Windjammer is loading paper, destined for the Slåttsveen hardware store.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

No breweries??!! Some thing is seriously wrong with your economy!! :mrgreen:

Lovely shots, by the way! :bow:

leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

I promise, there will be breweries :D
1895_papermill.png
1895_papermill.png (590.74 KiB) Viewed 10502 times
In the meantime, the tall ships are gone, and the paper mill harbour has been refurbished with big cranes and electric light. It may be a bit anachronistic, or at least this ought to be a hyper-modern harbour in 1895.
1896_brewery.png
1896_brewery.png (405.74 KiB) Viewed 10486 times
So, like I told you, here's the brewery, financed out of the company's own pockets. There were only two breweries on the map, rather awkwardly placed. (Number of industries is set to Low.)

The company already had a harbour at Slåttsveen and an outstanding reputation with the town authorities; the paper (Goods) from the Rekheim paper mill is going to the hardware shop at the left edge of the picture. There's a fake dock and ship at the second crane and some seagulls to lead the paper ships out of the way of the new brewery docks. The third and the fourth crane are at the docks for outgoing and incoming cargo respectively. A farm producing grain is conveniently situated a short distance west of the town, and the grain is for now brought to the brewery by Amblecote box trams; covered hoppers are promised to be available in a few years.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

here's the brewery
My faith in your economy has been restored!! ;-)

Return to “Screenshots”