[OTTD] leifbk's screenshots (mostly ships and RVs)

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Re: [OTTD] leifbk's screenshots (mostly ships and RVs)

Post by leifbk »

lostpawn wrote:Hi Leif, wonderful detailing (as usual). I learn a lot from that.
How come your ships lie nicely alongside the docks and do not touch them with only their bow, as is usual in my games?
I'm using three different methods:

1. I'm always ordering the ship to a mandatory depot visit before loading. The depot is usually located next to the dock, so the ship will automatically align with the dock when comong out of the depot.

2. I'll often place a buoy close to the harbour, as in the brick work screenshot above. The Marstein has been ordered to go to that buoy before unloading.

3. Sometimes I place a flock of seagulls one tile away from the dock, thus forcing the ship to pass between the dock and the seagulls. This can be a bit tricky and lead to unexpected result, but feel free to experiment.

I'm not always forcing my ships to dock sideways. The fishing boats are small and usually come from several different directions, so it's more of a bother than it's worth.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Well, just as in IRL Norway, that's more freight transport than pax transport :lol:
I wonder if you push realism so far that do you do oil and fish mass exploitation :twisted:
(I mean, yeah, that's the only things us Norwegians manage to ship out of our territory... please know i am mainly Finnish but also part Norwegian ;) )
lostpawn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lostpawn »

Thanks again Leif, I will have a go with your methods.
lostpawn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lostpawn »

Hi Leif,

Hope you don't mind I ask your advice, you being the port expert.

I make the dock with this chips custom dock newgrf. I use the water based tiles of the ISR/DWE newgrf for the adjacent tiles but as you can see, there is a color difference which you don't have in your great ports.
Also I do not seem to get back the nice ship depot of your ports.
Hope you can help.

Dock color issue.png
(1.13 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Chips custom docks.png
(1.06 MiB) Not downloaded yet
lostpawn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lostpawn »

Sorry Leif, but I got a brainwave and solved the color issue. I have to use the IRS-style dock mod with parameter 1=4.
That leaves the ship depot issue. I really would like to have the nice drexler depot back.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

lostpawn wrote: 18 Jun 2020 10:10 Hi Leif,

Hope you don't mind I ask your advice, you being the port expert.

I make the dock with this chips custom dock newgrf. I use the water based tiles of the ISR/DWE newgrf for the adjacent tiles but as you can see, there is a color difference which you don't have in your great ports.
Yes, the Chips dock has the wrong palette as default. You must change the palette for that GRF each time you start a new game. For that, you'll need to enable the "scenario_developer" mode. Note that this is generally considered not a good idea.

Lately, I've started using CHIPS Custom Docks instead, highly recommended.
Also I do not seem to get back the nice ship depot of your ports.
That's in Industrial Stations Renewal (ISR).
lostpawn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lostpawn »

Yes You explained that already and thanks to your help I used the nice ship depots in my ports for a long time but suddenly I don't get them anymore. Instead the ugly depot (see attached screenshot which also shows the parameter setting of the ISR mod.
Attachments
ugly ship depot and ISR parameter.png
(946.53 KiB) Not downloaded yet
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

lostpawn wrote: 18 Jun 2020 11:46 Yes You explained that already and thanks to your help I used the nice ship depots in my ports for a long time but suddenly I don't get them anymore. Instead the ugly depot (see attached screenshot which also shows the parameter setting of the ISR mod.
The dock you've got there isn't the default one, and I guess that it's loaded from another GRF that comes after the ISR GRF (the 32bpp stuff?). Try to either disable that one, or move the ISR down so that it loads later.
lostpawn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lostpawn »

Again many thanks! ISR and ISR-style docks are now at the bottom of the list and that did the trick!
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

I love fishing harbors.
Utvalg_083.png
Utvalg_083.png (268.29 KiB) Viewed 7691 times
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

Suddenly a year has gone by and I haven't posted a screenie. My current game was started in 1702. It's now 2065, and there are still lots of underdeveloped areas on a 512 by 512 map.

I've got this fascination with paper mills. This one is ideally situated on a peninsula, with easy access from all sides. It's been under development since the early 18th century, when all I had were brigs (50 tons at 20 km/h) and horses (8 tons at 20 km/h).

Utvalg_092.png
Utvalg_092.png (429.96 KiB) Viewed 5969 times
The refrigerated vans are carrying fruit to a brewery north-east of here.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

Here's one bustling corner; the town of my HQ and where it all started. The fishing harbour is the recipient of the cardboard from the paper mill above, as well as the regular catch of 35 Cape Spear fishing boats, and is delivering 1,300 tons of seafood per month.

Utvalg_093.png
Utvalg_093.png (431.45 KiB) Viewed 5967 times
To the left is a farm delivering grain to the local brewery. There's hardly a tile of arable ground left, but the farm continues to produce 160 tons of grain each month.

And BTW, I'm still on FIRS 3.0.12, in case anybody wondered,

Return to “Screenshots”