[OTTD] leifbk's screenshots (mostly ships and RVs)

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

[OTTD] leifbk's screenshots (mostly ships and RVs)

Post by leifbk »

So I finally created my own screenshot thread. First, my NewGRF list:

Norwegian alternate town names
Rock Replacement for Transmitter *
Swedish Houses Set 1.1.2
Industrial Station Renewal 1.0.2
ISR/DWE-style Objects v1.0
Squid Ate FISH 2.0.2
VAST (Objects) 0.3.0
VAST+ Fences 0.2.0
EmptyGRF
OpenGFX+ Landscape 1.1.2
American Road Replacement Set
eGRVTS v2.0-r188
OpenGFX Trees 0.8.0
FIRS Industry Replacement Set 2.1.2
ISR-Style Dock V1.3
Sailing Ships 0.62
SNO - Supercheese's NewObjects
Road Hog road-hog beta-6

Edit: From the second game shown, I have also used the following NewGRFs:
MariCo v 0.33
Auz Roadside Objects

* Rock Replacement for Transmitter is redundant, as there's a parameter in OpenGFX Landscape with exactly the same effect.

I'm mostly playing with freight cargo on ships and RVs. My worlds are usually 512 x 512 with 60% custom water level, creating continents with plenty of water between them. The current game was started in 1801 and set in arctic climate, with FIRS Extreme industry set.
1993_textile_mill.png
1993_textile_mill.png (306.12 KiB) Viewed 19660 times
Here's my high-volume textile mill, with an output of ca. 1,000 crates of goods each month. The wool, fibers, and man. supplies arrive by ships and trucks from all over the place. There are now 9 Maspalomas carrying the goods to a town a couple of hundred tiles away.
1992_wool_terminal.png
1992_wool_terminal.png (431.81 KiB) Viewed 19660 times
One of the wool-loading ports. In addition to the farm shown, two tram routes transfer wool from another two farms. The farm shown has a small output, and initially I just had a few Schooners serving it. With the Road Hog's flatbed trams available from 1860 I was able to extend the traffic, and it's currently served by 6 Marsteins. The current Stancliffe flatbed tram delivers 96 cargo units at 72 km/h. You can see one of the wool trams unloading. The other tram on the bridge is carrying wood for transit from another harbour.
i992_steelwork.png
i992_steelwork.png (215.68 KiB) Viewed 19660 times
A Steel mill, mostly added here because of Andythenorth's gorgeous graphichs. Its input is exclusively arriving by trucks, hence the 4 unloading bays. 7 Cadizes carry the steel to a foundry. I've played a little more with the ISR/DWE objects here. I don't know zilch about what such an installation might look like in real life, but the scene looks rather busy and kind of cute :)
Last edited by leifbk on 01 Dec 2016 08:48, edited 4 times in total.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Re: [OTTD] leifbk's screenshots

Post by leifbk »

1993_papermill.png
1993_papermill.png (438.21 KiB) Viewed 19652 times
The paper mill, with a combined output of ca. 1500 crates of paper and cardboard per month. The wood arrives by ship, the clay and chemicals by trams. The paper (goods) goes on Nieuwpoorts to a town, the cardboard (manufacturing supplies) on Cadizes to the textile mill. As mentioned, I recently deployed the huge Maspalomas on the outbound textile traffic, and will probably soon upgrade these Cadizes to Nieuwpoorts as well.
1993_bulk_terminal.png
1993_bulk_terminal.png (188.61 KiB) Viewed 19652 times
The bulk terminal providing the paper mill with chemicals. A Hopetown has just delivered a load of gasoline, and the terminal is going Gung-ho, yielding almost 600,000 litres of chemicals per month. The bauxite is not utilised, but I may eventually set up an aluminium plant.
1993_refinery.png
1993_refinery.png (458.69 KiB) Viewed 19652 times
The refinery.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

1993_foundry.png
1993_foundry.png (419.03 KiB) Viewed 19641 times
The foundry and the timber port. This bit is a little unadorned yet. The foundry produces tin cans for a fishing industry, and goods for a town. The timber port provides logs for the paper mill.
1993_fish_harbour.png
1993_fish_harbour.png (187.71 KiB) Viewed 19641 times
The canned fish industry, with an output of 1,200 tons of food per month. I'm not quite satisfied with the looks of it, but it's at least functional.
1993_full.png
(1.77 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Finally for this time, a full, zoomed-out screenshot of the world. There are still lots of things to do :)
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I like your style of building ports. Very beautiful :D . And you can do a General map of a larger scale? Which version of the game do you have? You can upload a save game? :)

You like, when there is more water on the map? What are the features of generation of terrain do you prefer?
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

I'm currently on OpenTTD version 1.6.1. Here's a save game if you want to mess around with it. You'll probably need the Norwegian alternate town names GRF. It's not on Bananas, but can be manually downloaded and installed from the link in my signature. (I'm planning to relicense it as Public Domain and get it on Bananas soon.)

Note that the western half of the world is entirely undeveloped, after almost 200 years. I've got a very relaxed gaming style.
Attachments
Revhol Transport, 1993-04-28.sav
(328.54 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

leifbk wrote:I'm currently on OpenTTD version 1.6.1. Here's a save game if you want to mess around with it. You'll probably need the Norwegian alternate town names GRF. It's not on Bananas, but can be manually downloaded and installed from the link in my signature. (I'm planning to relicense it as Public Domain and get it on Bananas soon.)

Note that the western half of the world is entirely undeveloped, after almost 200 years. I've got a very relaxed gaming style.
Thanks for the saves, leifbk. I will definitely look at your game. :D
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
oftcrash
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by oftcrash »

Someone who likes ships as much as me!

I love seeing all the port variations. I go by the port in Providence, RI every day and keep meaning to take some ideas from it, but I always forget my to take pictures in my attempt to get home quickly :oops:
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

2030_slagmo.png
2030_slagmo.png (561.94 KiB) Viewed 19500 times
It's 2030, and I have been letting my towns grow slowly for some years. Here is the new Slagmo steel mill. The harbour is still under construction. I'm planning to add another dock at Slagmo, extending the harbour for a really long shoreline. I have started using the MariCo objects.
Selection_005.png
Selection_005.png (266.92 KiB) Viewed 19497 times
The Drangsund canned fish enterprise after rebuilding with MariCo objects. It's looking a lot better now.
Selection_007.png
Selection_007.png (483.78 KiB) Viewed 19493 times
And finally I have a brewery working :)

I've discovered the Shutter screenshot tool for Linux. It's a lot easier now to capture 800x600 screenies.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

2039_revhol.png
2039_revhol.png (501.34 KiB) Viewed 19465 times
The small town of Revhol with the company HQ. This is where it all started in 1801 with a few schooners equipped for fishing, and some horse carriages hauling food to the town of Galtehøgda, situated above the snow line. Because most fishing banks are far away from this place, the enterprise was never extended beyond the single fishing bank which is still the only source of fish for this harbour. The food is now taken to Galtehøgda by two Witsharp Lunas.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

2040_vassvik.png
2040_vassvik.png (433.98 KiB) Viewed 19455 times
The bustling waterfront of Vassvik city, recipient of the Drangsund canned fish. The installation has recently been extended and is now stretching towards the foundry harbour.
2040_foundry.png
2040_foundry.png (442.89 KiB) Viewed 19454 times
The foundry harbour has now two docks; one for the tin cans, and one for the goods. It looks a lot cleaner this way. I simply reordered the Nieuwpoorts to the new dock. The old foundry dock will be running over with goods for a few months, but eventually it will disappear.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

leifbk wrote:2039_revhol.png
The small town of Revhol with the company HQ. This is where it all started in 1801 with a few schooners equipped for fishing, and some horse carriages hauling food to the town of Galtehøgda, situated above the snow line. Because most fishing banks are far away from this place, the enterprise was never extended beyond the single fishing bank which is still the only source of fish for this harbour. The food is now taken to Galtehøgda by two Witsharp Lunas.
Revhol could, in Swedish, be taken as an insult. We'd interpret it as Rövhål. You guys who don't speak Scandinavian languages, feel free to Google that :mrgreen:
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

Chrill wrote:Revhol could, in Swedish, be taken as an insult. We'd interpret it as Rövhål. You guys who don't speak Scandinavian languages, feel free to Google that :mrgreen:
It's one of the auto-generated names from my own town name grf. I've certainly noticed the somewhat vulgar connotations; particularly in the dialect spoken in Bergen, the name would be pronounced "rævhål" which is of course also a Norwegian insult. But "Rev" is actually the Norwegian word for fox. (It is also the Norwegian word for "reef", but that meaning doesn't seem to apply here as no reefs can be found in the vicinity.) Concerning the suffix -hol, the authoritative source for the ethymology of Norwegian place names, Oluf Rygh: Norske Gaardsnavne says that
Hóll m.; betyder: rundagtig Høide.
ie. "Hol" means "rounded hill". The name is found all over Norway, but apparently not in conjunction with foxes. However, the original inhabitants who settled here in the Late Bronze Age must have noticed a few foxes around. The name simply means "Fox hill". Nothing gross at all :D
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

2041_vassvik.png
2041_vassvik.png (408.65 KiB) Viewed 19418 times
The Vassvik waterfront after some more rebuilding. Has anybody seen anything like an outdoor restaurant object? The park at the west end looks a little bland, I'd like to see some enjoyment here :)
oftcrash
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by oftcrash »

There are some buildings in the Auz objects that might pass for restaurants, plus a fast food place. I also sometimes use the NewStations buildings for hotels and whatnot - one of those might work for a restaurant. I haven't seen anything like a good outdoor restaurant though.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

1829_fishing.png
1829_fishing.png (197.24 KiB) Viewed 19347 times
With all the new objects, I just had to start a new game :)

A fishing harbour in 1829. 27 schooners are fishing on 4 banks, and 20 clippers are delivering the food to a town. The clipper to the right has just delivered a load of jars from a glass work. It's pickled herring time.
1834_quarry.png
1834_quarry.png (324.23 KiB) Viewed 19328 times
A simple quarry harbour. The barque is quite adequate for this kind of bulk transport until the FISH 2 Little Cumbrae comes around in 1860.
1835_glasswork.png
1835_glasswork.png (724.66 KiB) Viewed 19328 times
The glass work. This is rather provisory; the eastern route will eventually be served by trams, and the waterway on that side will be restored to the original river. The jars for the fishing industry go from the western harbour.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

1835_locks.png
1835_locks.png (555.03 KiB) Viewed 19328 times
Detail of the western locks. This is actually quite similar to parts of the Telemark Canal, not far from where I grew up. I've travelled the length of it a few times, and it's a wonderful journey.
1840_chemicals.png
1840_chemicals.png (189.66 KiB) Viewed 19327 times
The clippers freight chemicals to the glass work, and on their return take building materials to a nearby town. It would have been truer to history to provide the glass work with chemicals from a lime kiln. This is the lazy method.
1840_hareset.png
1840_hareset.png (447.92 KiB) Viewed 19325 times
Where the windows go. Nothing much to see here yet, the harbour is still very basic. And btw, here's my company HQ.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

1848_locks.png
1848_locks.png (711.04 KiB) Viewed 19317 times
Waiting for the tram and in the meantime going overboard with objects :)

After some years, a path has been trodden along the locks by the horses hauling ships upstream. The new safety regulations of 1848 also require that waterways are properly secured with fences.
1865_glasswork.png
1865_glasswork.png (757.64 KiB) Viewed 19306 times
It's 1865, and modern times have reached our glass work. The sail ships have been replaced by steam ships and trams. The river has been restored to its original course, save for one piece which I don't quite understand. Sand and chemicals are delivered at the right tram station, with the windows going out from the left one.

The oil refinery and the textile mill just popped up. They are both totally inappropriate in this location, and I'm expecting them to close down eventually.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

1865_hareset_brewery.png
1865_hareset_brewery.png (521.83 KiB) Viewed 19291 times
A stroke of good fortune. A brewery has been established literally on my doorstep. With the tramline already in place, and some farms and fruit plantations around, this is a major boost to the company. Here the first grain load is being delivered, and the Hareset citizens celebrate.

The glass work is planning to change its production from jars to bottles, which will be redirected here. The fishing industry will be provided with tin cans or cardboard instead.
1866_fredjord.png
1866_fredjord.png (726.32 KiB) Viewed 19288 times
The Fredjord fruit plantation on a lovely summer day. Because of the altitude, it gets quite snowy here during the winter. Nevertheless, the fruit keeps coming at a steady rate of 60 tons per month. The Amblecote box tram carries 48 tons at 40 km/h, and the plantation-brewery roundtrip takes almost a full year.
1869_myrtsund.png
1869_myrtsund.png (497.82 KiB) Viewed 19282 times
With the addition of a farm producing 180 tons of grain each month to the tram network, the main line is approaching congestion. The situation will not improve until 1900 with a new generation of trams.
oftcrash
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by oftcrash »

I like how you put the structure around the lock. It never occurred to me to do that. The only ones I'm at all familiar with are the Soo Locks in Sault Ste Marie, on the Michigan/Ontario border. http://www.saultstemarie.com/attractions/soo-locks/
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

1870_map.png
1870_map.png (31.69 KiB) Viewed 19276 times
Here's a map showing all my ships and trams in 1870. I have not yet started to ship the Hareset brew; there's still an awful lot of celebration and quality testing going on locally.

Seeing the name of Bekkbrokk, I remember a game where a town of the same name had a brewery, and the product was called Bekkbrokkbrygg. Anyone unable to order a bottle of that probably has had one too much already.
1871_myrtsund.png
1871_myrtsund.png (684.9 KiB) Viewed 19269 times
With the arrival of the Drumbreck tanker tram and the Scrooby Top dump tram, the traffic picture shows some more diversity. The trams all run at the same 40 clicks, but the new bulk trams load and unload a lot quicker.
1872_fishing.png
1872_fishing.png (225.94 KiB) Viewed 19268 times
It's 1872, and I'm replacing the food Clippers with Windjammers, carrying 250 tons at 36 km/h. A Little Cumbrae is seen approaching with a load of jars. The fishing harbour produces 300-400 tons of food each month, and shipping that kind of volume on Little Cumbraes is not practical. It wasn't the Little Cumbrae class that killed the sailing ships, but the Altamira, arriving in 1890. The last generation of tall ships was awesome.

And I'm waiting for some cute MariCo objects to replace the decrepit buildings on this site.

Return to “Screenshots”