[OTTD] leifbk's screenshots (mostly ships and RVs)

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] leifbk's screenshots (no trains, no planes)

Post by michael blunck »

Speaking about "restaurants" (-> previous page), here´s a first draft of four "harbour restaurants" - appearing at different years in game - included in the next MariCo release (v0.34):

regards
Michael
Attachments
MariCo-restaurants-2.png
MariCo-restaurants-2.png (140.57 KiB) Viewed 4888 times
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

michael blunck wrote:Speaking about "restaurants" (-> previous page), here´s a first draft of four "harbour restaurants" - appearing at different years in game - included in the next MariCo release (v0.34):

regards
Michael
Very very nice work - can't wait to try those :)
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Delicious! 8)
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
oftcrash
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by oftcrash »

michael blunck wrote:Speaking about "restaurants" (-> previous page), here´s a first draft of four "harbour restaurants" - appearing at different years in game - included in the next MariCo release (v0.34):

regards
Michael
Oh, very nice! I can't wait!
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

2040_beach.png
2040_beach.png (436.04 KiB) Viewed 4801 times
The Smørpytten south bay on a nice summer day.
2040_waterfront.png
2040_waterfront.png (394.76 KiB) Viewed 4801 times
The Smørpytten city and waterfront. This city grows solely on the beverage arriving in small tank trucks from the Lysbrokk brewery.
2040_lysbrokk.png
2040_lysbrokk.png (507.94 KiB) Viewed 4799 times
Lysbrokk is also a thriving city thanks to its brewery. The grain and fruit is unloaded at a drive-through station in the city centre, connected to the dock (left of the crane). There are no ships arriving, but that may change in the future.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

2049_stockyard.png
2049_stockyard.png (542.66 KiB) Viewed 4759 times
The new Ravnekroken stockyard is manufacturing canned food for Myrtdokka. A ship is arriving with tin cans from the Brandby foundry.
2055_piltingsund.png
(832.88 KiB) Not downloaded yet
A very Norwegian-looking scene: A couple of towns connected across a rather wide sound by a suspension bridge. The company is running its only bus route here, currently stocked with 8 Foster Centurions.
2058_bulk.png
2058_bulk.png (445.35 KiB) Viewed 4726 times
A petrol tanker from the Honsjø refinery arrives at Stakskog bulk terminal, the only one of its kind in this world. The route is very long; this Hopetown has been on its way for nearly 14 months. The chemicals still go from here to the Hønsvoll glass work, a route that was originally run by Merchantmen in the early 1800s. Since 1860 the route has been run by trams. The smaller of the tram stations is receiving petrol from the Kålvåg refinery, which has only been sufficient to get the bulk terminal to enhanced production level. It's now going gung-ho.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

2061_refinery.png
2061_refinery.png (431.94 KiB) Viewed 4725 times
The Honsjø refinery has become quite busy.
2061_honsjo.png
2061_honsjo.png (617.05 KiB) Viewed 4725 times
Honsjø harbour is receiving a boatload of Eisenkram from the Brandby foundry.
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Your innovative use of the seagulls to force ships to dock aside rather than headon pleases me greatly. :)
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
oftcrash
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by oftcrash »

Supercheese wrote:Your innovative use of the seagulls to force ships to dock aside rather than headon pleases me greatly. :)
Oh man, I didn't even think about that! Great idea!
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

Thanks for the praise guys :) The "seagull trick" certainly enhances the scenery. Seagulls can be quite the nuisance, so it's nice to put them to good use for once. I've never played this long on any map before, but then I've never put so much work in making towns and industries look good.
2090_bulk.png
2090_bulk.png (349.24 KiB) Viewed 4644 times
The Stakskog bulk terminal harbour has been expanded with a bauxite dock and a scrap metal dock, both of which are supplying the new aluminium work at Tokesvingen.

The trams have all been replaced by trucks. The capacity of the latest long RVs of eGRVTS 2 is a little lower than that of the trams, but they run a lot faster, and have much lower running costs. Not that the running costs matter much by now; the company is fabulously rich. But the higher speed allows for longer routes without having to mess with intermediate depot stops.
2096_honsvoll.png
2096_honsvoll.png (554.69 KiB) Viewed 4625 times
Hønsvoll has grown, thanks to the Bekkbrokk bricks. In return, it has sprouted another brick work. This is serving the town of Myrtdokka, which has lost its supply of food from the Ravnekroken stockyard. The traffic across the old Myrtsund bridge simply grew too heavy, and the Ravnekroken canned meat now goes by container ships to Børtefaret.
2096_bortefaret.png
2096_bortefaret.png (394.62 KiB) Viewed 4625 times
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

2098_tokesvingen.png
2098_tokesvingen.png (308.72 KiB) Viewed 4610 times
The Tokesvingen aluminium plant. It's not quite ready yet, but I'm getting there.
2100_stockyard.png
2100_stockyard.png (528.22 KiB) Viewed 4603 times
The Ravnekroken canned meat facility after some reconstruction.
2100_grafjord.png
2100_grafjord.png (569.14 KiB) Viewed 4600 times
A dairy has been founded close to the Gråfjord paper mill. For now, it's only supplied by milk, but the delicious cheese is being shipped to Snoksand a little north of here by Marsteins. A tiny Meteor is delivering a load of milk from Hamsrud across the water, and the tank truck just leaving has delivered milk from the Snoksand dairy farm.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

Three pictures from Lysbrokk. Two of them have been posted here previously, but watch this growth:
1989_lysbrokk.png
1989_lysbrokk.png (545.17 KiB) Viewed 4600 times
In 1989, the brewery was established.
2040_lysbrokk.png
2040_lysbrokk.png (507.94 KiB) Viewed 4600 times
This is how the city looked in 2040.
2101_lysbrokk.png
2101_lysbrokk.png (326.17 KiB) Viewed 4600 times
The Lysbrokk-Fisleheim conurbation in 2101. I had to zoom out to catch the entire sprawl. The town growth is set to slow. There are two truck stations in Lysbrokk, and one in Fisleheim. There's no other traffic here. Lysbrokk has currently a pop. of 40,560 and Fisleheim 3,964. This is almost insane.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Lovely style of construction of ports. Well done, leifbk :)) .

Put here your save game. I really want to see the development of your transport network :D .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

STD wrote:Lovely style of construction of ports. Well done, leifbk :)) .

Put here your save game. I really want to see the development of your transport network :D .
OK, here you go then:
Hareset Transport, 1989-03-06.sav
(329.45 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Hareset Transport, 2104-11-06.sav
(400.89 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

leifbk wrote:
STD wrote:Lovely style of construction of ports. Well done, leifbk :)) .

OK, here you go then:

Hareset Transport, 1989-03-06.sav
Hareset Transport, 2104-11-06.sav
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

2106_stakskog.png
2106_stakskog.png (442.02 KiB) Viewed 4534 times
The Stakskog harbour has been expanded again, this time to accomodate incoming scrap metal from a couple of nearby scrap yards. To the south lies the Rugstad quarry, the very first industry to be serviced by the company in 1801, when shipment of sand to the Hønsvoll glass work commenced with a few barques.
Hareset Transport, 2107-05-12.png
(1.48 MiB) Not downloaded yet
A full screen view of Hareset and Myrtdokka in 2107. Next to the Hovercraft terminal is the company's yacht.
2109_bjornbru.png
2109_bjornbru.png (381.89 KiB) Viewed 4530 times
A load of Gråfjord paper is unloading at the Bjørnbru harbour. The old ladies of Bjørnbru love to feed the seagulls.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

2114_hasselseter.png
2114_hasselseter.png (541.42 KiB) Viewed 4527 times
The new Hasselseter bulk terminal facility, located at the end of the world. There were considerable excavations involved in the development of this site. The bauxite and the chemicals are both going to the Tokesvingen aluminium plant.
2117_tokesvingen.png
2117_tokesvingen.png (530.2 KiB) Viewed 4518 times
The main part of the Tokesvingen plant. The metal is now being shipped in containers to the Brandby foundry by 10 Nieuwpoorts.
2126_recycling.png
2126_recycling.png (613.42 KiB) Viewed 4506 times
The first recycling plant, near Kongsvann, has been connected to the network. It gets its supplies from a few small towns nearby. The larger cities produce far too much recyclables for transport by RVs. The only eGRVTS 2 vehicles able to transport recyclables are the box trucks, and then the load is only half of the capacity for goods. It may of course be transported by the Road Hog dump trucks, but their capacity isn't that much higher. It's a pity that it can't be transported by flatbeds or hoppers.

The scrap metal goes to the Tokesvingen aluminium plant, and the manufacturing supplies go to the Gråfjord dairy. The latter has effectively doubled its output.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

2133_piltinghatten.png
2133_piltinghatten.png (314.02 KiB) Viewed 4489 times
Piltinghatten has grown to a considerable size, and now naturally has its own leisure boat marina.
2136_myrtdokka.png
2136_myrtdokka.png (548.4 KiB) Viewed 4485 times
The new Myrtdokka marina, much appreciated by the Myrtdokka and Hareset inhabitants. Both cities have grown across the sound. The southern bridge was originally a rickety wooden construction, but was replaced with a suspension bridge at the company's expense. The northern one of those two bridges is used by livestock and recyclables trucks, after some rezoning in downtown Hareset, when a few houses were demolished to give way to a new thoroughfare.

New savefile:
Hareset Transport, 2136-06-29.sav
(429.08 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

2141_recycling.png
2141_recycling.png (460.54 KiB) Viewed 4466 times
The new recycling plant, right next to the Bekkbrokk brick work and ditto livestock farm. It's so close that I didn't bother to set up a separate depot. It is supplied by the Bjørnbru and Børtefaret recycling depots.

And I've finally got into my thick head how to use the dock-overlapping tiles to make the crane rails cross the dock :)
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Lovely shots! :bow:
And indeed the useage of the seagulls is a brilliant idea!! Will use this idea for my own games too, as I have always been struggeling with using buoys to force ships to dock correctly and I dont really like some of the graphics available for buoys at the moment...
Futhermore, I really like that a great part of your economy is depending on breweries, cheers/skol!! ;-)
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.

Return to “Screenshots”