Dol422's UK Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
The Growl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Dol422's UK Screenshots

Post by The Growl »

dol422 wrote:And the first trains have left the station.

In this screenshot we see 3 Class 150/0 3-car Sprinter units, which are on the Chufingbridge Feeder Service to both Marningville and Slonnley.
Looks like it should be a Northern Sprinter. Am I right. That line also seems like it would be single track with double stations and passing loops on long sections.
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

The Growl wrote:
dol422 wrote:And the first trains have left the station.

In this screenshot we see 3 Class 150/0 3-car Sprinter units, which are on the Chufingbridge Feeder Service to both Marningville and Slonnley.
Looks like it should be a Northern Sprinter. Am I right. That line also seems like it would be single track with double stations and passing loops on long sections.
I just chose a random livery for the Sprinter units, as the trains I have running are only an outline as to what I fully want to achieve on the map.

When I constructed the lines to Marningville and Slonnley I also didn't plan that and so I ended up with double track and two stations on each route. I may end up removing the tracks altogether and instead just use buses to feed into Chufingbridge, once I actually find the correct save file (I have some deleted ones with the exact same name lol), so it may be a while before any more screens show.
Take a look at: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=74993
Why do it tomorrow when you can do it today
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

Been a long time since I last posted something.

I seem to have lost all savegames somehow, so have had to start new ones. This time I tried a slower approach and started with buses as I find it easier to build a bus network.

Anyway, back to business. (I cheated myself £1,000,000 to give myself enough money to play with.)

CityLink is a well established bus company which links two large cities via a number of small towns. The buses used for CityLink services is an Optare Volvo B9TL. The way the buses are routed and set up is I have half the amount of buses as per their schedule. In this example, six buses are used. Their terminus is at Plardinghattan Ridge. This route goes through the small towns of Findingville, Trunfingley and Pardhattan before reaching the metropolis of Flarnbridge.

Really I could have used trains to do this, but this would have been unprofitable as it is only a very short route and the towns aren't that big.

In this screenshot we CityLink 1 just pulling away from Trunfingley Old Townhall. (This is the only bus on the network atm.) I will post a screenshot later showing all 6 buses at their respective locations.
Attachments
British Railways, 15th Feb 2016.png
(455.64 KiB) Not downloaded yet
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

That last game failed so I tried a different approach. This time I am running a freight network, built to a realistic-ish design.

This screenshot is of Headcorn Iron Ore Mine. The company that operates the mine is Headcorn Iron Ore, run under contract by Reigate Steel, a subsidiary of Henderson Industries.

This mine was just recently added to the game, and so there is only 1 train serving it at the moment. Each primary industry will have at the very least 4 trains each, given the particularness of location and the distances travelled.
GBRf, 12th May 2017.png
(346.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

That didn't quite work out for me well, either. This time I started a 1024 x 1024 map, with high town and industry settings. Terrain has been set to mountainous and very rough and variety distribution to high, to allow for more easier gameplay.

This feels like it might finally work, so I will just jump right into it. Want to know of any NewGRF, just ask.

The southeastern region has two medium-sized islands, both of which has their own 3rd rail system.

The first screenshot shows the town of Sedingbury. There are 4 trains in this screenshot, with a 5th trying to sneak its way in. All these trains currently do not run according to their timetable, as a little error on my part. They are gradually picking up time slowly, though, thanks to my sidings.

The second screenshot shows all current routes. You can see the main ones are the two rail routes, and there is also one small bus route. Ships are prevalent though, the people need some way of travelling between the two islands, if they swam they'd drown.
Attachments
Dundham Transport, 16th May 2103.png
(317 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Dundham Transport, 16th May 2103#1.png
(65.57 KiB) Not downloaded yet
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

OK, so this time I have finally managed to stick with a savegame.

Welcome to the Kirkby Transport Company.

Here we are in January 2042, twenty-six years after the company was founded. Here we see the profound city of Kirkby and its population of 13,841 people. This city is home to the company's foundations and also the glamorous company HQ. The town has seen formidable growth since the transportation boom, and has now consumed the nearby towns of Culrain and Porthmadog. There has been rapid development in the city, including the dock at the loop-around of the B4561, which connects Kirkby overseas to other destinations. In this city, we see the stops of Kirkby, Kirkby South, Kirkby Woods, Kirkby Central and Kirkby North. These five bus stops are where the Kirkby Transport Company came out of the ground into the major passenger and cargo transporter.

Enjoy for now. I've been busy lately so will try and post more when I'm available.
Attachments
Kirkby Transport Company, 1st Jan 2042.png
(421.97 KiB) Not downloaded yet
dzugi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dzugi »

hey im watching screens in threads recent days , but today i got several warnings from image hyperlinks , whats wrong with that ? - im uploading screenshot
Attachments
report screen.png
(24.37 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

It currently appears to be a Forum-wide issue, there is a topic about it here viewtopic.php?f=21&t=75510
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

New Year = New Start

Ok, so I started a new game, Chentfield Transport. I am playing on a 2048 x 2048 map. I'm aiming to build a network - using trains, buses, ships and planes - that is as realistic as possible. For this, I use a lot of British-themed GRFs and others which will help the map look like it was made with purpose. I also disable towns building roads and level crossings, so I can shape the cities the way I want them and control their growth.

In this game, I have managed to advance 24 in-game years without becoming bored. As I usually do, I started in the south-western most corner of the map. I started out with the small village of Chentfield, which, along with the neighbouring towns of Brudhattan, Binnton and Petbourne, has become a metropolis. I have many bus stops, a train station, and a London Underground service all operating transport in the area.

The train station at Chentfield is home to the Chentfield Branch Line, which runs from Chentfield to Chutborough Market. It comprises of two services, one which stops at all stops (8-car Class 321) and one which stops at some stops (4-car Class 321). In this screenshot we see Chentfield Station, with the Underground sneaking up to the north, Binnton just barely seen south, and the various bus stops, along with the company HQ.
Attachments
Chentfield Transport, 11-12-2041.png
(384.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet
HGus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HGus »

Nice screenshots.

What GRF is the train depot at Chentfield?
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

HGus wrote:Nice screenshots.

What GRF is the train depot at Chentfield?
They're the modern era electric depots from the UKRS Finescale tracks.
HGus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HGus »

Thank you.
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

10 ingame years have since passed, and a lot has been done.

Screenshot 1:

These small hamlets were found east of Chentfield and were connected all via bus. However, they are still waiting to be connected to the main network, which will be done via ship. The hamlet of Little Frindtown has a road connection to the mainland, which prospers for more transport routes and buses. Also seen is the hamlet of Truningbury which has not yet been connected, but plans are already underway. These were connected in 2043, and as can be seen are growing nicely around the islands.

Screenshot 2:

Here you can see the terminus at Seningville. This has not been connected to the main network yet as can be seen but is planned to be the major terminus for all traffic - local, stopping service, suburban, express - in the south west region. This station is that important is has an impressive front entrance and also some sidings for services to terminate at. This town is proposed for rapid development into the next major city, incorporating Slunfingford and Cadhead Cross.

Screenshot 3:

Here is the city of Plindingville, the fourth largest town with a service. Though only one bus route stops here, Plindingville Bus Station has already been overhauled to cope with the many other bus services to hopefully be implemented in the future. Plindingville was connected up in March 2021, and poses a nice range of suburbs. It has been a debate for two ingame years whether or not a Chentfield Underground service will run through here.
Attachments
Chentfield Transport, 30-06-2051.png
(173.17 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Chentfield Transport, 01-07-2051.png
(283.08 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Chentfield Transport, 02-07-2051.png
(636.56 KiB) Not downloaded yet
HGus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HGus »

What is your use of sidings for?
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

The use of sidings becomes apparent as I progress through the game. They are mainly used for aesthetic pleasure, although they allow for trains to catch up on their timetable if they are later than what their depot stops allow.

Explanation over, more screenshots heard!

Screenshot 1:

I took out the Chentfield Branch Line service and decided to improve upon it a bit. The only thing that has changed on this line is the use of sidings to take up the space between the track and the road. I have also merged both services, as can be seen, into one, still stopping at all stops, though, and I have kept the 4-car/8-car consistency to give the line a bit of variation.

Screenshot 2:

Here we seen the terminus for the Chentfield Branch, Chutborough Market. This station was built to accommodate the branch line and was also future-proofed to allow for faster and high speed services. There will be a suburban service running from here which will run to Seningville, and will, from Seningville, be able to connect up with another line to the Chentfield Branch, of which the terminus is still undecided. The line will remain two line from Chutborough Market will remain two-track for now but if demand increases will be quadrupled.

Screenshot 3:

The shipping service is now up and running. The only route atm is from Chentfield - Ladston - Truningbury - Ladston -Chentfield, but serves great importance. This ferry service will allow passengers to go from Truningbury to Ladston and to wherever, and also provides a shorter route to Chentfield, rather than going around the bay.
Attachments
Chentfield Transport, 18-02-2056.png
(476.72 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Chentfield Transport, 19-02-2056.png
(566.72 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Chentfield Transport, 20-02-2056.png
(140.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

I can never keep a game long enough to fill it completely. Anyway... this game follows aspects from the British Transport Commission, which in this world, replaces its modern day counterparts.

That aside, let's get to business. Some things may seem out of place, but I have got back into the habit of building a network before adding the rolling stock. The way I have designed the network so far seems like it would be better starting in the 1950s and working from there, but I guess I'll just stick with what I've got and work with it.

I started another new game hoping to get somewhere and achieve my aims. This time, however, I have decided to start with a simple network and grow and expand as necessary. This map takes inspiration from post-privatisation of British Rail from 2000 to the current year. All rail history in the UK is going to be spotted somewhere in this game (even that which isn't present in our world anymore).

First screenshot: The southwestern most train station on the network. Located at the heart of Tranville, it is the terminus for two branch lines, both of which end up at the same destination. Also seen here is the reversing sidings used by trains accessing the goods yard (see next screenshot).

Second screenshot: Nundinghattan Goods Yard. This is where all goods traffic bound for Tranville is held in an attempt to decrease congestion. Nothing is waiting yet, but as soon as I've got a strong passenger network, freight will follow. The Goods Yard is also where the Tranville branch lines service.
Tranville Railway Station.png
(417.25 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Nundinghattan Goods Yard.png
(495.24 KiB) Not downloaded yet
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

A week has passed. Unfortunately, nothing else has been done since last time. I do, however, have some screenshots of the little development.

First Screenshot: This shot shows Sadingstone Bay railway station, home currently to the two branch line services run by First Great Western. As the West Coast Main Line is not fully complete yet, we see a big but empty station.

Second Screenshot: Yet another shot of Tranville railway station, but this shot is aimed at the two bus services that I have. I am going to attempt to have all buses start and terminate at Tranville railway station. The two bus services run separate to each other but their routes both go into a neighbouring village.

Third Screenshot: Here we see British Rail Class 66 No. 66178 hauling a freight train of plant fibres. The train runs from the Seborough Farm Group to the Nundinghattan Goods Yard. The train is seen on the junction between the towns of Fort Wintown and Runfingway, and also seen is a line stretching north. This line will be another branch, but unlike the other two will not terminate at Sadingstone Bay; the terminus of this line has yet to be confirmed.

Enjoy for now! More will follow soon
Sadingstone Bay Railway Station.png
(510.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Tranville Bus Routes.png
(415.29 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Fort Wintown - Runfingway Junction.png
(404.46 KiB) Not downloaded yet
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

Here are some more screenshots

First screenshot: Tranville station and the following lines to Fort Wintown (see next screenshot) have been updated to 4-track. Tranville has also been renamed Tranville Central. The modernisation plan arose when it was found that Sadingstone Bay was not suitable to be a station on the West Coast, and is instead an interchange station on the many southern diesel routes. However, the 4-track line seen in the screenshot is now what will be the West Coast Main Line.

Second screenshot: This shows the reworked junction at Fort Wintown and the connecting branch lines to Sadingstone Bay. Here, the four tracks end and split into two separate lines, one being the WCML (this may be upgraded to 4-track if demand rises). Not much has changed to Fort Wintown railway station itself, apart from it has been increased in length to 8 tiles, as well as all other stations on the trunk route.

Third screenshot: Frennington Valley railway station is currently the terminus for the West Coast Main Line, and is one of many intermediate stations along the route. Trains will not run here until the next section is complete.
Tranville Central Railway Station.png
(436.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Fort Wintown.png
(332.61 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Frennington Valley railway station.png
(441.49 KiB) Not downloaded yet
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

Spent a couple of months trying to settle into a game.

This time I have. I went for an earlier start (1850) to try and make the game more interesting. This time I am using the Joker PatchPack, and have the daylength set to 5, so this may take a while. The industry set I am using is SPI 1.1.

----------------------

Monston Railway Group

Story:

The Monston Railway Group was founded on 1st January 1850, then called Monston Transport. John Smith, an inventive engineer, decided to adopt the latest trend in other parts of the world and started building a railway network.

1 This was the first station built. Construction took a whole month, and the trains came within two weeks of the station being finished. In this screenshot we see 4-2-0 Crampton No. 0001 'John Smith' hauling in a suburban service (later Overground) between Monston and Monston Central, passing through the hills going around towns and villages in the Monston district. in the Siding we see the station pilot, 0-4-0 Coppernob, No. 0004 waiting for the next express train, although only Monston Central has a servicing depot.
Monston Railway Group, 24-09-1850.png
(154.47 KiB) Not downloaded yet

2 Freight can't always be neglected, and as such I take advantage of the daylength to get a thriving industry without them closing down. Here we see horses (and people :) ) transporting fruit from these two fruit plantations to the Grocer's Shop in Monston (just to the left of the shot).
Monston Railway Group, 24-09-1850#1.png
(473.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I will get around to taking more soon, particularly of the other three termini and their respective lines. For now, enjoy.
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

Kind of forgot I had this, completely lost where I am. I have also spent time experimenting with other GRFs. I have also changed to JGR's PatchPack. It has some handy features that I daresay are a good addition. I will upload a list of GRFs I currently use, but for now, enjoy.

Just a random screenshot, but why not? Eyecandy is what makes the game fun. The buses might see a lot more people if there is an attractive park nearby.
Attachments
Random Park.png
This is what boredom is
(581.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Screenshots”