Dol422's UK Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Dol422's UK Screenshots

Post by dol422 »

Been hovering around for a while and thought I'd show some screenshots of a recent game.

The backstory of my game is I like to try and build massive passenger networks than span the entire map and then start on industry. Most towns on the map have been founded by me, as I have better placement of towns if I place them myself.

We begin the journey on the infamous Wootton Wawen to Treherbert Line, which forms the core of many of the Leeds and Knighton Joint Railway traffic.

The first screenshot is of the main terminus, Wootton Wawen Central, which will soon be full in traffic
Attachments
O'Donnell & Co, 19th Aug 2101.png
(402.26 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Take a look at: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=74993
Why do it tomorrow when you can do it today
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Dol422's UK Screenshots

Post by S-Transport »

Not bad!
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

The next screenshot is of Bournemouth International Airport, which holds much of the traffic along the southern coast. The airport was founded back in 1977, and, even though traffic is rapidly increasing, still insist on using its one runway.
Attachments
Leeds & Knighton Joint Railway, 25th Aug 2101.png
(401.53 KiB) Not downloaded yet
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

And a Eurostar BR No. 373002 passes through the tunnels of the renowned Mount Gordon
Attachments
Leeds & Knighton Joint Railway, 25th Aug 2101#1.png
(528.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The Growl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by The Growl »

dol422 wrote:The next screenshot is of Bournemouth International Airport, which holds much of the traffic along the southern coast. The airport was founded back in 1977, and, even though traffic is rapidly increasing, still insist on using its one runway.
How do you get your airports like that? I'd very much like to use that GRF.
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

The Growl wrote:
dol422 wrote:The next screenshot is of Bournemouth International Airport, which holds much of the traffic along the southern coast. The airport was founded back in 1977, and, even though traffic is rapidly increasing, still insist on using its one runway.
How do you get your airports like that? I'd very much like to use that GRF.
Airports look like Fake Airport Objects v0.1 , quite a nice piece of candy .
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

Thanks. Most of the work on the map is currently infrastructure. I haven't neglected putting services on, though. Anyway, in this next screenshot, we BR No.180002 in First Great Western livery pulling into Oxford Station, bound for the small town of Stonehaven.

The railway line this service is to run on was carved out of the Ashurst Mountain Range in 1888, so a railway line could be built connecting Wakefield to Bournemouth, a line which had its last service on 4th October 1967, and was ripped up December 18th, 1968. The gorge has now become a tourist attraction, which attracts half a million visitors a year.
Attachments
Leeds & Knighton Joint Railway, 21st Sep 2102.png
(454.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

Lost that game, so started a new one. This one I have managed to do more with, and have added a lot more services.

This screenshot shows the terminus of Lancaster Central, which is the southern terminus of what will eventually be the West Coast Main Line. Although it only has a set of 4 sidings, the station itself is 10 tracks wide, with a complex junction that allows trains to move through efficiently while also keeping the scale realistic. We see here BR No. 321009 + BR No. 321010 pulling into Platform 4, and 3 other trains in the sidings. These trains operate branch line services in and around Lancaster, and are run by Class 321 multiple units, each with 8 coaches in total.

Also seen to the extreme right is the small town of Exeter, which is famous for being the centre of all tennis tournaments, as can also be seen.
Attachments
Thomson & Co, 18th Apr 2109.png
(376.03 KiB) Not downloaded yet
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

And a map of the network so far
Attachments
Thomson & Co, 18th Apr 2109#1.png
(86.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet
BarbarianKabbage
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BarbarianKabbage »

I love it! What station addon were you using in the first screenshot?
The Growl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by The Growl »

BarbarianKabbage wrote:I love it! What station addon were you using in the first screenshot?
Dutch stations, found in the online fruit store.
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

The Growl wrote:
BarbarianKabbage wrote:I love it! What station addon were you using in the first screenshot?

They are indeed. I haven't managed to find a British stations set which offers both island and single sided platforms, and use the Dutch platforms to compensate this. I also find I can heavily eye-candy up my stations and make them look realistic.

Anyway, let's continue. I keep starting up new games and see if I can do better each time, so I am currently switching between maps.

So, I suggest that I show you another map. This map I've been working on is all infrastructure, and there are currently no vehicles. I also intend to stay on this map for quite a while.

Here in this screenshot we see the station of Chufingbridge Central, which is the core station along the south western coast.
Network Rail, 1st Jan 2100#1.png
(545.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I also added a little mockup of the twin towers. However, these two towers will never be destroyed by terrorists.
BarbarianKabbage
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BarbarianKabbage »

dol422 wrote:
The Growl wrote:

They are indeed. I haven't managed to find a British stations set which offers both island and single sided platforms, and use the Dutch platforms to compensate this. I also find I can heavily eye-candy up my stations and make them look realistic.

Anyway, let's continue. I keep starting up new games and see if I can do better each time, so I am currently switching between maps.

So, I suggest that I show you another map. This map I've been working on is all infrastructure, and there are currently no vehicles. I also intend to stay on this map for quite a while.

Here in this screenshot we see the station of Chufingbridge Central, which is the core station along the south western coast.

I also added a little mockup of the twin towers. However, these two towers will never be destroyed by terrorists.
I like the dutch stations because it looks like the City 17 Trainstation in the video game, Half-Life 2. Somebody also made the locomotives that the alien race in the game use.
The Growl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by The Growl »

Dol422 wrote:Anyway, let's continue. I keep starting up new games and see if I can do better each time, so I am currently switching between maps.

I prefer Chufingbridge North. Do the eyecandy objects comes with the Dutch pack?
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

Yes. To get what I jave I downloaded tje Dutch station aet and also both dutch addition sets, which allows me to use more eyecandy.
The Growl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by The Growl »

dol422 wrote:Yes. To get what I jave I downloaded tje Dutch station aet and also both dutch addition sets, which allows me to use more eyecandy.
I have all of those, even the catenary, and I've noticed no car parks. But I'll check again later.
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

Oh, the car parks come with the City Objects pack. They can be downloaded through the Online Content.
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

Got bored of just building and so instead I decided to add services to the network. The only vehicles currently running are fruit vehicles from Chefingley Market Plantation to Marningville Grocery. Here in this screenshot we see one vehicle loading up with the fruit.
Network Rail, 7th Oct 2100.png
(446.28 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Also seen is another vehicle unloading at the Grocer's Shop.
Network Rail, 12th Oct 2100.png
(357.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The Growl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by The Growl »

dol422 wrote:Got bored of just building and so instead I decided to add services to the network. The only vehicles currently running are fruit vehicles from Chefingley Market Plantation to Marningville Grocery. Here in this screenshot we see one vehicle loading up with the fruit.

Network Rail, 7th Oct 2100.png

Also seen is another vehicle unloading at the Grocer's Shop.

Network Rail, 12th Oct 2100.png
The contrary for me, I always find myself creating network upgrades instead of new infrastructure.
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

And the first trains have left the station.

In this screenshot we see 3 Class 150/0 3-car Sprinter units, which are on the Chufingbridge Feeder Service to both Marningville and Slonnley.
Attachments
Network Rail, 25th Feb 2102.png
(360.96 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Screenshots”