Shinkansen500 Transport Networks Thread

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Shinkansen500
Engineer
Engineer

Shinkansen500 Transport Networks Thread

Post by Shinkansen500 »

Hello Everbody. Here i post some photos of my games of TTD (mainly railway networks).

This is my alternative Pacific Electric Railroad, a huge railway empire that spreads much of the west coast of United States. The actual year is 1975, and this is what my PE looks like...
Pacific Electric, 10 Out 1975.png
(175.17 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Pacific Electric, 12 Out 1975#1.png
(370.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Pacific Electric, 12 Out 1975#2.png
(248.92 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Shinkansen500
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Shinkansen500 Transport Networks Thread

Post by Shinkansen500 »

More Photos...
Pacific Electric, 12 Out 1975#3.png
(427.54 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Pacific Electric, 12 Out 1975#4.png
(158.72 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Pacific Electric, 12 Out 1975#6.png
(330.95 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Shinkansen500
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Shinkansen500 »

Pacific Electric, 12 Out 1975#7.png
(277.25 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I Like to make a background to my railway networks. And this is a history of my P.E. :D
Ps: sorry, but older images of the game i don´t have because i save the new game under the old...

Ok, here he go to history of P.E.

The history of Pacific Electric began in 1906, when the various companies of suburban and interurban rail lines are extended in various directions from downtown Los Angeles, by several different companies. One of these companies, the Los Angeles Pacific, plans what was then called the Vinyard Subway as a trunk line for its westside lines. In 1908, The various rail lines are consolidated as the Pacific Electric Railway System. The new company starts an ambitious project of modernization and segregated many of lines around great L.A. and expand more and more lines down to south in direction of San Diego and to north in direction as cities like Bakersfield. With the purchase of small and medium railways, plus the construction of new lines, the P.E. gradually comes to been expanding more and more.

In 1910, the San Diego Interurban system, San Diego Electric Lines, was experiencing financial problems and suffering from lack of improvements, so that the San Diego County already planned closure of the same. However, the Pacific Electric seeing the possibility that had acquired the San Diego Electric. Around 1910, the P.E. had already acquired hundreds of small and medium railways and some other Interurban Lines, like the Mojave Rail. With the size of its network, which now get out the limits of Los Angeles County, and into the San Diego, San Bernardino, Mojave and San Miguel, the Pacific Electric embarked on an ambitious program of modernization and improvement of the system, after approval by the government of the Railway Modernization Program. From 1910 to 1918, P.E. makes a massive restructuring of your system, transforming it in the form of a heavy rail and a subway system to molds of New York Subway System. With the system eventually become a metropolitan heavy-railway, although there were still few Interurban Lines.

Even after the purchase of Metro Type I, P.E. still needed more models to run on their lines and the Metro was acquired Type I-b, made by St. Louis Car Company and A.C.F.

By 1923, the last lines of Streetcars stopped running, and being dismantled. But in its place, new subway lines and fast heavy electric trains built. After the construction of the new Los Angeles and San Diego Air Line Railroad in 1925, several cities had a large growth as Riverside, Pacifica City and Oceanside. In them were also built new lines, and thus the population further increased, providing an efficient and clean growth. From 1925 to 1930, the system had a major expansion, especially in the cities of Santa Ana, Pacifica City and San Bernardino. The expansion of subway systems and electric trains was increasing, and having a fast and efficient transport system, the entire South of California became more and more urbanized.

At the moment is this. I Hope everyone enjoy! :)
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Very nice to read some history!
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
Shinkansen500
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Shinkansen500 »

S-Transport wrote:Very nice to read some history!
Thanks. Later i post the rest and new photos. I like to create the networks and create some history, from company and lines.
Shinkansen500
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Shinkansen500 »

New Photos of Pacific Electric. Now the actual date is 2002...
Pacific Electric, 14 Jan 2002.png
(329.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Pacific Electric, 20 Jan 2002#2.png
(370.38 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Pacific Electric, 20 Jan 2002#3.png
(370.58 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Shinkansen500
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Shinkansen500 »

Pacific Electric, 20 Jan 2002#4.png
(294.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Pacific Electric, 20 Jan 2002#5.png
(286.47 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Pacific Electric, 19 Jan 2002.png
(383.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Shinkansen500
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Shinkansen500 »

Pacific Electric, 20 Jan 2002#1.png
(398.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Pacific Electric, 9 Fev 2002.png
(369.59 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Pacific Electric, 19 Jan 2002#4.png
(408.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Shinkansen500
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Shinkansen500 »

Now the history. This time from 1930s to 1960s...

By 1930, thanks to a massive expansion of electric trains, Southern California just urbanizing and turning the what became the San Angeles Metropolitan Area, a huge metropolis that sprawling from Los Angeles to Tijuana. The Mileage of Pacific Electric by 1930, was more than 578 miles of tracks, and becoming the standard system of transportation in South California. By 1932, the Mainline from Los Angeles to Tijuana is modernized and becomes the new L.A. - Tijuana Air Line Railroad, with a top speed of 120 km/h. Meanwhile, there were still several railroads and interurban lines in several cities such as Bahia Blanca and Delano. Although shy, but with increasing competition with the automobile, these smaller lines ended up facing problems to continue to operate and expand, unlike the Pacific Electric, which was now a consolidated and high standard service system.

Seeing the opportunity to expand his empire, the Pacific Electric began acquiring many smaller and medium Interurban lines, and closing the same, but instead of abandoned, constructing state-of-art high-speed and subway lines, and thus, making these systems are not finished but on the contrary, they are increasingly used, upgraded and expanded. With the massive purchase of hundreds of smaller railroads, around 1945, the mileage of rail reaches over 890 miles. In 1948, the upgraded of the mainlines allowed speeds of 200 km / h, connecting all California. With the population explosion in the Central Valley and the Bay Area, new fast lines and subway systems are built.

Built together by Budd and EMD in 1943, new electric streamliners known as California Vision start rotating the mainlines at speeds of 200 km/h.

In the late 1940s, a failed attempt by the oil, tire and rubber companies, to buy various electric rail systems and subways, through a fictitious company named National City Lines, is discovered. They had the idea to buy these systems and scrap and in its place, build roads and highways, something that if it had occurred, would cause a collapse in the cities. After that, the rail systems are just more stronger, and many cities finance the construction of subways and electric trains.

In 1953, P.E. begins construction in San Francisco of its new state-of-art subway system, BART and modernizes the lines the Key System. The Pacific Electric reconstruct much of their system for a high speed service, and many lines are rebuilding like subways or EL. Many new models of electric trains are build. By 1955, the new state-of-art Metro Type III-A build by Budd and ACF, became the standard for rapid transit.

By 1964, the Pacific Electric System as more than 1.350 miles of tracks, and became the world synonym for rail rapid transit.

This is the background from 1930s to 1960s. I Hope everyone enjoy the photos and history! :)
LabUser
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LabUser »

I'm impressed! I'd lose track of what I was doing with that large a number of stations!
Shinkansen500
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Shinkansen500 »

LabUser wrote:I'm impressed! I'd lose track of what I was doing with that large a number of stations!
Thanks! Yes, is very complex network, and i was planinng expand more and more. I Will take screenshots of another games i have. I Mainly like to play with trains and trams, and sometimes i use airships...rs
Shinkansen500
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Shinkansen500 »

After some time, this photos are from another game i have. This is one of my best networks i made in TTD, the Islania Transit.
Attachments
Islania Transit, 3 Set 2052#4.png
(337.23 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Islania Transit, 3 Set 2052.png
(293.15 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Islania Transit, 3 Set 2052#3.png
(395.14 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Shinkansen500
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Shinkansen500 »

More photos. The third i show the Company information and models of trains and trams. The only unit train model are that are in the museum. I also use subways, maglevs for conect some stations and Zeppelins.
Attachments
Islania Transit, 8 Set 2052#5.png
(233.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Islania Transit, 8 Set 2052#7.png
(247.28 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Islania Transit, 8 Set 2052#10.png
(209.87 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Screenshots”