Screenshot Of The Month Competition Jan 2016 - Mar 2020

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
12fly81
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - August 2016 - ENTRIES

Post by 12fly81 »

romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

my vision of mass transit :)
Attachments
The French Company, 23 Sep 2216.png
(10.13 MiB) Not downloaded yet
MrRB
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - June 2016 - ENTRIES

Post by MrRB »

-3s- wrote:Never participated before, but I had fun creating this Papermill town. Hope you like it :)

Hi 3s,

Can you please tell me how you get vehicles driving on the eyecandy roads, like circled in the screenshot I made.

Thanks a lot for your reaction :)!
Attachments
Naamloos.png
(851.11 KiB) Not downloaded yet
MrRB
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MrRB »

Quast65 wrote:Quast65June2016.png

Hi Quast,

Can you please tell me what vehicle set has the trucks that are visible in your screenshot?

Thanks so much!
Attachments
Quast65June2016.png
Quast65June2016.png (261.03 KiB) Viewed 4911 times
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

MrRB wrote:Can you please tell me what vehicle set has the trucks that are visible in your screenshot?
Sure, its the Hungarian Truckset: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=44703&hilit=hungarian
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Ladusa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ladusa »

One screen from me. On this screenshot is capital of Laďuša´s dictatorship. They use trains, buses, trams and planes for mass transport.
Attachments
Laďušistická dopr. společnost, 8. čnc 2016#2.png
Capital of Laďuša´s dictatorship. They use trains, buses, trams and planes for mass transport.
(1.38 MiB) Not downloaded yet
-3s-
Engineer
Engineer

Post by -3s- »

MrRB wrote:
-3s- wrote:Never participated before, but I had fun creating this Papermill town. Hope you like it :)

Hi 3s,

Can you please tell me how you get vehicles driving on the eyecandy roads, like circled in the screenshot I made.

Thanks a lot for your reaction :)!
Hi, you can use "road overlapping tiles". They are two tiles wide, but only placed on one, next to the road.
Tintinfan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tintinfan »

My first attempt at this competition! To be honest, I've got too many examples to choose from for this theme (I just love weaving mainlines into cities and mixing in commuter lines and metro services), but I'll go with my latest work from a JGRPP multiplayer game...I present Mia Bonando Rapid Transit!

At the turn of the century the vast majority of Mia Bonando's greenbelts have been built upon and highways buried under complex metro systems. The 15 platform Mia Bonando Central Station boasts an international high-speed link to Capitola at the new grand concourse, alongside terminating regional and inter-city services shared between the longer platforms and the isolated concourse. The extra platforms near the grand hotel mainly serve as terminating platforms for MBRT services going east of the city and a recent financial crash forced MBRT to explore Bus Rapid Transit alternatives as a stopgap when funding was withdrawn for the northbound lines for which these platforms were intended for.

Honestly, I could write for days and there so much more spiel from this game alone that I could write; but as this is a screenshot competition, I'll be quiet now and submit my entry. Good luck finding all eight stations and if you look hard enough you'll find a tent under a bridge somewhere as well! ;)
Attachments
Mia Mass Rapid Transit Systems, 10th Apr 2003.png
(2.15 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Regards,

Tinny/Tintinfan. :)
MrRB
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MrRB »

Thanks 3s! I should have thought of that... but I didn't :? .
MrRB
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MrRB »

Quast65 wrote:
MrRB wrote:Can you please tell me what vehicle set has the trucks that are visible in your screenshot?
Sure, its the Hungarian Truckset: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=44703&hilit=hungarian

Thanks Quast65! I will get them :)
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Since huge screenshots seem to be all the rage this month, I thought I'd show off my new ultrawide resolution :D

Here's a picture of the entire Daimyo Wafer-Hipster line and its surroundings, including commuter trains and an extensive tram network.

Attachments
NetTrans, 4471-04-08.png
(1.63 MiB) Not downloaded yet
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Four cities grew as if one and the local authorities pooled their efforts and contracted with Web Transport Solutions to provide a fully integrated mass transit system.
Each city as its own rail hub with street level trams to service the core business districts and buses to service residential sections.
An elevated tramway ties the hubs together for easy passenger connections.
High speed rail services the outlying resource sectors.
The intervening manufacturing cities are each served by bilevel push-pull commuter trains.
A high speed LRT train shuttles between Toronto Airport and Toronto station.
August 2016 Screenshot Contest.png
Web Transport Solutions
(1.55 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Ok, so here are the entries. Let's give a warm welcome to Mizari, Tintinfan and 12fly81!

Ok, so from this month I'll be doing things a bit differently for two reasons. First, we had many giant screenshots this time, which I have no problem with but they would have wreaked havoc on people's browsers and bandwidth if I'd put them all inline. Secondly, it seems the direct image proxy links are broken since I can't see any of them on the previous compilation posts. (People wanting to see past competitions will have to sift through everyone's posts, the shots are still there.) So now you can click to view the images directly and it's better for everyone :) (and if the image doesn't open in your browser, right click and download it instead - I had a bit of trouble with some of the biggest ones)

@12fly81: Your screenshot seems to be only linked via the proxy, so I re-uploaded it just in case it disappears from your post.

12fly81
<no caption>
Click here to view or download image

Emperor Jake
Here's a picture of the entire Daimyo Wafer-Hipster line and its surroundings, including commuter trains and an extensive tram network.

flogeza
<no caption>

Ladusa
On this screenshot is capital of Laďuša´s dictatorship. They use trains, buses, trams and planes for mass transport.

Mizari
More than 3,000 people lost their homes when Sinchon railway station was rebuilt to be a through-station. Previously the station had a narrow throat which severely limited the capacity, and though the site is still quite cramped, it will work better. Five suburban services use the station; the total number of trains at the moment is 70.

oftcrash
The city of Avon made a conscious effort to avoid mass transit delays by avoiding the use of streets. A combination of underground trams (with exposed air stations - you can see one of the tram stations in the lower left shortly after the line crosses the canal) and water taxis along the canal serve the populace well. For intercity traffic, Avon is served by ship, air and rail.

Pilot
The City of Northeim has a massive population, and as such has a massive transportation system. At the heart of that transportation system is the Northeim S-Bahn, which carries nearly a million people each day from key points such as the Hauptbahnhof, Nordbahnhof and Flughafen into the City Centre, where the offices and major Tourist attractions lie. With trains every 2 minutes in the core sections, many say this is prime example of German Efficiency.

romazoon
my vision of mass transit :)

STD
Public transport in Copenhagen and its suburbs (autumn 1975).

StepanBarth
My entry for Mass transport. City of Wrunham and its suburbs. Heavy traffic is daily routine on almost all routes (including trams).

Tintinfan
At the turn of the century the vast majority of Mia Bonando's greenbelts have been built upon and highways buried under complex metro systems. The 15 platform Mia Bonando Central Station boasts an international high-speed link to Capitola at the new grand concourse, alongside terminating regional and inter-city services shared between the longer platforms and the isolated concourse. The extra platforms near the grand hotel mainly serve as terminating platforms for MBRT services going east of the city and a recent financial crash forced MBRT to explore Bus Rapid Transit alternatives as a stopgap when funding was withdrawn for the northbound lines for which these platforms were intended for.

wallyweb
Four cities grew as if one and the local authorities pooled their efforts and contracted with Web Transport Solutions to provide a fully integrated mass transit system.
Each city as its own rail hub with street level trams to service the core business districts and buses to service residential sections.
An elevated tramway ties the hubs together for easy passenger connections.
High speed rail services the outlying resource sectors.
The intervening manufacturing cities are each served by bilevel push-pull commuter trains.
A high speed LRT train shuttles between Toronto Airport and Toronto station.
Attachments
12fly81.png
(491.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

In this theme "Mass Transit", all screenshots are incredibly beautiful. The choice to make very very difficult. But after much deliberation I chose a screenshot flogeza and voted for him. A typical urban landscape with the flow of different transports - trams, trains, Maglev. Very beautiful parks and promenades. I liked the style of the city, maybe that's why I voted for this screenshot.

I am also very interested to know the opinion of other users of the forum, who voted for the screenshots :) .

Still thanks for one vote for my screenshot :D .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Pingaware
Director
Director

Post by Pingaware »

STD wrote:Still thanks for one vote for my screenshot.
You're welcome STD! I'd like to agree, all the screenshots this month were good, reflected I think in the wide split of votes.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - August 2016 - VOTING

Post by Emperor Jake »

The results are in...

Code: Select all

Tintinfan		6
flogeza		  4
12fly81		  2
Emperor Jake	2
Ladusa		   2
wallyweb		 2
Mizari		   1
oftcrash		 1
Pilot  		  1
STD	  	 	1
romazoon		 0
StepanBarth	 0

Total votes    22
Congratulations to Tintinfan for winning the August 2016 competition! First time entry too!

Here's a link to the screenshot again

We await a theme for September. Thanks to everyone who participated and voted :)
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - September 2016

Post by Emperor Jake »

We have a theme for September: Mountain Engineering

In Tintinfan's words:
"Mountain Engineering"; hill-climbing railways that loop back on themselves or twisting roads with accidents off the edges of cliffs, that sort of stuff...!
Entries are open, get mountaineering :D
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

:bow: :bow: Two congratulations to Tintinfan, one for an excellent win and one for an excellent mind reading. If I had won, switch-backs would have been my choice of theme. :mrgreen:
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

wallyweb wrote::bow: :bow: Two congratulations to Tintinfan, one for an excellent win and one for an excellent mind reading. If I had won, switch-backs would have been my choice of theme. :mrgreen:
Same here... While back I had a shot what would fit in... but I probably cant use it again 8)

download/file.php?id=179883

Edit: image removed to not confuse things (it has been once in the copetitoin)
Last edited by ISA on 16 Sep 2016 06:53, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Screenshots”