Screenshot Of The Month Competition Jan 2016 - Mar 2020

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - July 2016 - ENTRIES

Post by wallyweb »

The Orient Express - Mystery In The Simplon
or how to feature a train for which no GRF exists
=============================================
A special version of the Orient Express chartered by The Fictional Association Of Fictional Inspectors And Spies departed Brig precisely on schedule with the precision of a Swiss watch and entered the Northern portal of the famed Simplon tunnel. Four hours later, the famous Orient Express carrying a full compliment of famous fictional inspectors and spies had not yet exited the Southern portal of the famed Simplon tunnel. After much highly animated discussion, the Italian authorities decided that the famous Orient Express must have broken down in the famed Simplon tunnel. A few hours later permission was received from Rome permitting the sending of a rescue train into the famed Simplon tunnel to hook up to the famous Orient Express and pull it to safety outside the Southern portal of the famed Simplon tunnel. The rescue train entered the Southern portal of the famed Simplon tunnel and shortly thereafter exited the Northern portal of the famed Simplon tunnel. There was no famous Orient Express in the famed Simplon tunnel. There was a mystery in the Simplon.
July 2016 Screenshot Contest, 31st Jan 1925.png
July 2016 Screenshot Contest, 31st Jan 1925.png (146.94 KiB) Viewed 5780 times
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Here is my late entry:
The Venice-Simplon Orient Express travels through Jenbach, Austria in the 1980s. It is on a brief stop on its way towards Innsbruck, and the station at Jenbach bustles with activity. The station is home to three different track gauges: the metre-gauge Achenseebahn rack railway, the standard gauge railway, and the 760mm Zillertalbahn. Both of the narrow gauge systems operate steam-hauled tourist trains, while on the mainline we can see the VSOE hauled by a Class 1044 electric, plus a Class 1020-hauled freight and a Class 4030 EMU on the local to Kufstein.

Here is a real image of the Venice-Simplon Orient Express standing at Jenbach in the 1980s with a 1044 at the head.

I'll leave entries open for a few more hours in case there's another late entry. Otherwise, we have plenty of good entries this month, not as much as usual but more than I expected :)
Attachments
jul16.PNG
jul16.PNG (459.43 KiB) Viewed 1308 times
jul16_pic.jpg
(974.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet
N8king
Engineer
Engineer

Post by N8king »

Cheers!

Here is my first contribution to the contest.

The Alpine Orient Express passes Schann in the Tyrolean Alpes while Regio Express Trains waiting for free path.
Attachments
Allan & Co., 26. Okt 2028.png
Alpine Orient Express passes Schann
(1.02 MiB) Not downloaded yet
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

A late entry...

Surely, it is not the Orient Express, but an Czech express train with a blue locomotive of the class 498.0, called „Albatross“, leaving Prague main railway station.
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

And the entries are in for "Orient Express"! Quite a bit more than I expected, thanks everyone. A few new faces this time again, let's welcome Mr Bruco and N8King to the competition.

Here are the screenshots:

doikdi
Orient Express going through the Swiss Alps

Emperor Jake
The Venice-Simplon Orient Express travels through Jenbach, Austria in the 1980s. It is on a brief stop on its way towards Innsbruck, and the station at Jenbach bustles with activity. The station is home to three different track gauges: the metre-gauge Achenseebahn rack railway, the standard gauge railway, and the 760mm Zillertalbahn. Both of the narrow gauge systems operate steam-hauled tourist trains, while on the mainline we can see the VSOE hauled by a Class 1044 electric, plus a Class 1020-hauled freight and a Class 4030 EMU on the local to Kufstein.

flogeza
Nostalgic Orient Express in Budapest nowadays.

Ladusa
Orient express of 21st century in the Czech republic.

Mr Bruco
the Iselle di Trasquera railway station in the Italian side of the Simplon tunnel between Lausanne and Milan. Until 1929 it was the station where took place the locomotive change at the train head.

N8King
The Alpine Orient Express passes Schann in the Tyrolean Alpes while Regio Express Trains waiting for free path.

piratescooby
After an epic journey from Paris The Orient Express arrives at the Port of Varna on the Black sea where the passengers will then transfer to the steam ship that will take them on a 14 hour voyage to their final destination at Istanbul .

railman
The Orient Express crosses the Pannonian Basin leaded by a Berliner Maschinenbau 05 locomotive.

romazoon
an Orient Express travelling via an alpine valley on a sunny autumn day.

S-Transport
Surely, it is not the Orient Express, but an Czech express train with a blue locomotive of the class 498.0, called „Albatross“, leaving Prague main railway station.

STD
Orient Express travels along the route Strasbourg-Munich (winter 1950 year).

Voyager One
Two post-WWI OE trains meet in the Alpes, passing by an abandoned factory. Both trains are still in wartime liveries as this is winter 1918-1919.

wallyweb
The Orient Express - Mystery In The Simplon
or how to feature a train for which no GRF exists
=============================================
A special version of the Orient Express chartered by The Fictional Association Of Fictional Inspectors And Spies departed Brig precisely on schedule with the precision of a Swiss watch and entered the Northern portal of the famed Simplon tunnel. Four hours later, the famous Orient Express carrying a full compliment of famous fictional inspectors and spies had not yet exited the Southern portal of the famed Simplon tunnel. After much highly animated discussion, the Italian authorities decided that the famous Orient Express must have broken down in the famed Simplon tunnel. A few hours later permission was received from Rome permitting the sending of a rescue train into the famed Simplon tunnel to hook up to the famous Orient Express and pull it to safety outside the Southern portal of the famed Simplon tunnel. The rescue train entered the Southern portal of the famed Simplon tunnel and shortly thereafter exited the Northern portal of the famed Simplon tunnel. There was no famous Orient Express in the famed Simplon tunnel. There was a mystery in the Simplon.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - July 2016 - VOTING

Post by Emperor Jake »

And the results are in! doikdi wins again, he seems to be on a roll lately (although I came close this time) :P

Great screenshots from everyone, especially considering a NewGRF for said train doesn't technically exist... although what was that GRF that doikdi, flogeza and romazoon used?

The final voting results are as follows:

Code: Select all

doikdi			   6
Emperor Jake		5
Mr Bruco			 3
STD				   3
flogeza			  2
Ladusa			   1
N8king			   1
piratescooby		1
wallyweb			 1
railman			  0
romazoon			 0
S-Transport		 0
Voyager One		 0

TheAmir259
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - August 2016

Post by TheAmir259 »

Wallyweb did a great trick in there. But it'd be scary if the story was real. Had anything like that happened anywhere in the world?
You can also find me at Reddit. Check out my OpenTTD Screenshots & Savefiles!
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Congratulation Doidki !

and to answer your question Emperor Jake, it s the SBB set, there is many liveries available, and that blue livery is the orient express livery ;)
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Congratulations doikdi. Well done. 8)
TheAmir259 wrote:Wallyweb did a great trick in there. But it'd be scary if the story was real. Had anything like that happened anywhere in the world?
Only in Hollywood. :lol:

:idea: A little informal contest while we all congratulate doikdi and wait for him to announce the next contest theme ... Who can guess what happened to the Orient Express missing from my screenshot? There will be no voting. :mrgreen:
doikdi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by doikdi »

Thank you all! The train was from SBB set. It was the closest look alike that we could find. :) I was thinking for this month theme to be "Mass Transit". What do you say?

@wallyweb: I don't know what happened to the train, but it could be a nice start for a new X Files episode :)
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

doikdi wrote:"Mass Transit". What do you say?
YES! :D
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Mass Transit it is then! Quite the opposite of the Orient Express, the mundane daily commute. Doesn't necessarily have to include trains, but knowing you guys they probably will :wink: Time go get screenshooting again. :D

Oh and I believe the missing train got teleported to an alternate reality somehow, and in another universe a train exited a tunnel which it never entered.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - August 2016 - ENTRIES

Post by Voyager One »

wallyweb wrote:Who can guess what happened to the Orient Express missing from my screenshot?
I strongly believe that the Nazis intercepted and confiscated that train and used it as a part of the Project Riese. They stacked cases and cases of gold bullions and fine arts and hidden it in an unknown location.

Let's go treasure hunting! :mrgreen:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Okay, so my entry for the next Topic:

The City of Northeim has a massive population, and as such has a massive transportation system. At the heart of that transportation system is the Northeim S-Bahn, which carries nearly a million people each day from key points such as the Hauptbahnhof, Nordbahnhof and Flughafen into the City Centre, where the offices and major Tourist attractions lie. With trains every 2 minutes in the core sections, many say this is prime example of German Efficiency.
Northeim.png
(2.31 MiB) Not downloaded yet
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Pilot wrote:Okay, so my entry for the next Topic:

The City of Northeim has a massive population, and as such has a massive transportation system. At the heart of that transportation system is the Northeim S-Bahn, which carries nearly a million people each day from key points such as the Hauptbahnhof, Nordbahnhof and Flughafen into the City Centre, where the offices and major Tourist attractions lie. With trains every 2 minutes in the core sections, many say this is prime example of German Efficiency.
Northeim.png
Great first screenshot for the new theme :D .

I congratulate on the next victory screenshot doikdi. Great job. Well done. You chose a very good theme. I will try to send before the end of the month screenshot of my current game. I have different options for the desired screenshot. 8)

Thanks to everyone who voted for my screenshot in the previous competition. :))

This time, I also hope to see a lot of different screenshots. I wish all the participants good luck and cool screenshots :wink: .

My screenshot for the competition (the final version of 13.08.2016):
Public transport in Copenhagen and its suburbs (autumn 1975).
Mass Transit, August 2016, STD.png
(2.73 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by STD on 12 Aug 2016 20:33, edited 1 time in total.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
StepanBarth
Engineer
Engineer

Post by StepanBarth »

My entry for Mass transport. City of Wrunham and its suburbs. Heavy traffic is daily routine on almost all routes (including trams).

(My PC can barely run this game, must buy better one :D ).
Attachments
Great Sudstone Bay Transport, 9. led 2164#1.png
(580.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Ooh, got some nice entries already! Keep them coming :)
StepanBarth wrote:(My PC can barely run this game, must buy better one ).
I know exactly how you feel. Some of my maps are unbearably slow too.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Get rid of ships. Ships are evil.
Mizari
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Mizari »

More than 3,000 people lost their homes when Sinchon railway station was rebuilt to be a through-station. Previously the station had a narrow throat which severely limited the capacity, and though the site is still quite cramped, it will work better. Five suburban services use the station; the total number of trains at the moment is 70.
Boyeworld Government Railways, 5th Oct 1984.png
(7.42 MiB) Not downloaded yet
oftcrash
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by oftcrash »

The city of Avon made a conscious effort to avoid mass transit delays by avoiding the use of streets. A combination of underground trams (with exposed air stations - you can see one of the tram stations in the lower left shortly after the line crosses the canal) and water taxis along the canal serve the populace well. For intercity traffic, Avon is served by ship, air and rail.

Attachments
mass_transit-oftcrash.png
(1.01 MiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Screenshots”