Screenshot Of The Month Competition Jan 2016 - Mar 2020

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - September 2017 - ENTRIES

Post by wallyweb »

Lots of coasts on the isle of fun! It even has a roller coaster with an invisible bridge. Careful when crossing the burning bridge or you might become a roaster coaster. Take a ride on our racing cars. You might even coast across the finish line. :lol:
Sept. 2017 Contest, Mar 28th, 1940.png
Sept. 2017 Contest, Mar 28th, 1940.png (148.88 KiB) Viewed 732 times
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

And the entries are in! (Sorry about the slight delay again, I somehow managed to keep forgetting to do it)

The polls are open, let's get voting!

Emperor Jake
The seaside resort town of Bedwas, on Darren Island. Holidaymakers arrive on a warm September day by way of steam train, coach and ferry and enjoy the locally famous strawberry ice cream on the beach.

luxtram
A quite moment in one of my busiest games.

piratescooby
A quick one from me .Norramby on the Isle of Sodor getting ready for the tourist.

Quast65
Its an oldie (but goodie )

STD
The village of Sangar located on lake. In this small town in the Northern part next to the pine forest there is a hotel and a school with playgrounds, Central square, alley, cinema, pub, supermarket, two shops (commercial and food), a cafe next to the petrol station at the entrance on the east, quay with a jetty for boats, two beaches on the coast of the lake. Residents love about this cozy village. The places around is very beautiful: a large lake with a small island and coniferous forest. Residents and guests of Sangar have different options to relax: sunbathing on the beach, boating, camping in tents on coast of lake or island, to make shopping in the local supermarket (including the purchase of local souvenirs), to go to the cinema, just to walk through the village, wander through coniferous forest and much more.

SwissFan91
Newhaven Harbour Railway Station, East Sussex

wallyweb
Lots of coasts on the isle of fun! It even has a roller coaster with an invisible bridge. Careful when crossing the burning bridge or you might become a roaster coaster. Take a ride on our racing cars. You might even coast across the finish line. :lol:
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I cast my vote for screenshot SwissFan91 :) . Although there are other screenshots that are very good. Thanks to those who gave 2 votes for my screenshot at the moment :D
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - September 2017 - VOTING

Post by wallyweb »

Note to the Emperor:
Poll wrote:Poll ended at Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:50 am
8)
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Are you a Timelord?... :shock: :o
Peiling eindigde op Di Okt 10, 2017 7:50 am
;-)

Congrats by the way Jake!! And compliments to the other participants, all lovely shots!! :bow:
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Quast65 wrote:Are you a Timelord?... :shock: :o
Peiling eindigde op Di Okt 10, 2017 7:50 am
Atlantic Daylight Time (ADT) :P

[\me steals Quast65's line]Congrats by the way Jake!! And compliments to the other participants, all lovely shots!! :bow:
[/theft] :lol:
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I congratulate with the victory you, Jake :D . Well done! Waiting for for the announcement of the final results and a new theme :wink:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Huh, won again :D

Thanks for participating and voting everyone, here are the final results:

Code: Select all

Emperor Jake	12
SwissFan91	   5
wallyweb	     5
Quast65	      4
STD	          3
luxtram	      2
piratescooby	 1
After much deliberation (I'm starting to run low on ideas) I've decided on the theme...
Transport Corridors
For when you have to funnel a lot of traffic through a busy area - be it trains, road vehicles, or even a canal.

Entries are open, let's get funnelling! :)
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Good choice of theme :D . There are many examples of very different - the main streets of cities with large traffic, entrance roads in the city (I think many are familiar with, when on Friday evening a large number of machines leaves the city, and on Sunday on the contrary all back in the city), Central railway station, a major industrial node, which receives the often freight trains, port and more.
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - October 2017 - ENTRIES

Post by Gwyd »

Hehe this may well be my strength...
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

It's been a little slow here, we might have to extend into next month again...

Anyway, here's my entry from a recent game on Tin's server - STD, you'll like this one :)

Somewhere in Russia, several freight mainlines converge and connect to the four-tracked main eastern line, where local and intercity passenger trains mingle with the heavy freight trains.
Attachments
oct17sotm.PNG
oct17sotm.PNG (580.67 KiB) Viewed 732 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Emperor Jake wrote:It's been a little slow here, we might have to extend into next month again...
Looks beautiful screenshot. I like it :)) . I did not expect that you will play with xUSSR Railway set.
I this month have not played OpenTTD almost.. But for the remaining days I'll try to send in this topic a screenshot :)

Edit: My screenshot :) :arrow:
Attachments
SOTM_Oct17_Transport Corridors.png
The subarctic climate. A severe winter. Near the city of Nizhny Terebuzh is a passenger and freight railway. Passenger railway used for the movement of commuter and intercity passenger trains. Freight railroad is used for the movement of freight trains of large capacity, carrying different cargoes (wood, clay, livestock, wool, etc.).
(709.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

October.png
October.png (164.43 KiB) Viewed 4538 times
The Nürn valley, with it's narrow, steep sides, creates a Transport Corridor for the Swiss railway network.

Two regional trains pass on the mainline while an RhB mountain train waits to leave from the narrow gauge Nürnbruck central station. The narrow gauge, RhB line formerly continued down the valley via a tunnel to the south of the station which has now been discontinued and lifted. The small, regional airport allows more direct access from around the country while the town's gondola whisks skiers and snowboarders up to the slopes above.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Comm Cody
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Comm Cody »

The town of Lipsand Tarn has seen many a great change over the past 20 years. When the railroad first was laid in 1900, it was a simple coal line that crossed over the lake on a wooden trestle bridge to reach the Lipsand Tarn steel mill. The passenger station came later, handled by a short 4-4-0 express engine that took passengers to the capital city of Nagastani.

The tram network took passengers from the station to the inner city, and was soon overloaded and replaced by the metro, which also provided connections to narrow gauge station that provided connections to the iron mining towns to the north. The old abandoned freight connection leading to the mill and the northern iron mines is abandoned as a result of causing too much delay at the main station. The new bypass can be seen, although none of the monstrous steel and good trains can be seen in this picture.

Speaking of the main station, it is a busy station, with 21 active trains fighting for five platforms. Over 80% of the trains are electrified, and Lipsand Tarn is seen as the midpoint of the Nagastani-Lipsand Tarn-Ainab electric corridor, or the Northeast Corridor. At the station are two trains, the shorter one being The General, a local corridor train from Ainab to Lipsand Tarn. The longer train is The Gotham Limited, an all coach express train from Ainab to Lipsand Tarn. It's quiet for now, but the traffic of the corridor will arrive soon, a frantic hustle of express, locals, and freight up and down the four track corridor from Nagastani West Station to Lipsand Tarn.
Attachments
Black & Co., Sep 17th, 1921.png
(880.35 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Something goes here, hell if I know.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

OK, I'm in... :D

The main freight train corridor into the town of Westport, bringing goods from factories around and also in the lower left corner there's one of the narrow entrances into the main harbour.
Attachments
Voyager_Lines1.PNG
(635.18 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

The Great Northern corridor at Aberdeen , can get a bit busy at certain times of day .
Attachments
Green & Co., 02_03_1988.png
(1.16 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Juggynaunt
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Juggynaunt »

I guess I’ll have a go at the competition as well. It’s a screenshot from an old game.
The City of Prarnville is squeezed in between a mountain range and the sea, and thus all traffic that goes from north to south must pass through the city. This unique location has made Prarnville one of the major passenger hubs of the Cundingstone Transport Empire.
Attachments
Cundingstone Transport, 25. mar 2160.png
(643.66 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Check out my screenshots ---> Here!
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

NEPTUNE NARROWS
A billion eras ago, Oden's Axe fell upon Nirvana Island, cutting it in half, the scar forming Neptune's Narrows. Humanity appeared, the northern people making stuff and the southern people making other stuff. Soon they began trading their stuff for their other stuff and their other stuff for their stuff. Stuff and other stuff moved easily via Neptune's Narrows, but as the years moved along, more and more stuff was traded for other stuff and more and more other stuff was traded for stuff. Eventually Neptune's Narrows became stuffed with stuff and other stuff. Sidings were built to hold the trains and buoys were laid to organize the ships and the Coast Guard helicopter was set out to ensure that stuff and other stuff didn't get stuffed all in Neptune's Narrows. :roll:
Attachments
Neptune's Narrows Gets Stuffed
Neptune's Narrows Gets Stuffed
October 2017 Contest, Jul 22nd, 1981.png (139.89 KiB) Viewed 732 times
Fairyfloss
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fairyfloss »

Guess I'll join this too, why not?
Even though the European Railway Project has failed, Köln is still a major terminus for European Transportation; with Airships and Airplanes regularly making flights to other European Destinations such as Prague and London, and a High-Speed Railway to Brussels allows people to travel to other European Destinations. Also pictured is the Rhine River Railway Bridge and the disused Köln-Essen line,
which was closed due to lack of passengers to keep the line profitable.
Attachments
Entry.png
(388.26 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Wow, nine entries in just three days, must be a new speed record... So many good ones too, I think it's time for 3 votes again :D

Welcome to the competition, Darthrafael and Juggynaut! And welcome back Voyager One!
Now on to the entries...

Comm Cody
The town of Lipsand Tarn has seen many a great change over the past 20 years. When the railroad first was laid in 1900, it was a simple coal line that crossed over the lake on a wooden trestle bridge to reach the Lipsand Tarn steel mill. The passenger station came later, handled by a short 4-4-0 express engine that took passengers to the capital city of Nagastani.

The tram network took passengers from the station to the inner city, and was soon overloaded and replaced by the metro, which also provided connections to narrow gauge station that provided connections to the iron mining towns to the north. The old abandoned freight connection leading to the mill and the northern iron mines is abandoned as a result of causing too much delay at the main station. The new bypass can be seen, although none of the monstrous steel and good trains can be seen in this picture.

Speaking of the main station, it is a busy station, with 21 active trains fighting for five platforms. Over 80% of the trains are electrified, and Lipsand Tarn is seen as the midpoint of the Nagastani-Lipsand Tarn-Ainab electric corridor, or the Northeast Corridor. At the station are two trains, the shorter one being The General, a local corridor train from Ainab to Lipsand Tarn. The longer train is The Gotham Limited, an all coach express train from Ainab to Lipsand Tarn. It's quiet for now, but the traffic of the corridor will arrive soon, a frantic hustle of express, locals, and freight up and down the four track corridor from Nagastani West Station to Lipsand Tarn.

Darthrafael
Even though the European Railway Project has failed, Köln is still a major terminus for European Transportation; with Airships and Airplanes regularly making flights to other European Destinations such as Prague and London, and a High-Speed Railway to Brussels allows people to travel to other European Destinations. Also pictured is the Rhine River Railway Bridge and the disused Köln-Essen line,
which was closed due to lack of passengers to keep the line profitable.

Emperor Jake
Somewhere in Russia, several freight mainlines converge and connect to the four-tracked main eastern line, where local and intercity passenger trains mingle with the heavy freight trains.

Juggynaut
The City of Prarnville is squeezed in between a mountain range and the sea, and thus all traffic that goes from north to south must pass through the city. This unique location has made Prarnville one of the major passenger hubs of the Cundingstone Transport Empire.

piratescooby
The Great Northern corridor at Aberdeen , can get a bit busy at certain times of day .

STD
The subarctic climate. A severe winter. Near the city of Nizhny Terebuzh is a passenger and freight railway. Passenger railway used for the movement of commuter and intercity passenger trains. Freight railroad is used for the movement of freight trains of large capacity, carrying different cargoes (wood, clay, livestock, wool, etc.).

SwissFan91
The Nürn valley, with it's narrow, steep sides, creates a Transport Corridor for the Swiss railway network.

Two regional trains pass on the mainline while an RhB mountain train waits to leave from the narrow gauge Nürnbruck central station. The narrow gauge, RhB line formerly continued down the valley via a tunnel to the south of the station which has now been discontinued and lifted. The small, regional airport allows more direct access from around the country while the town's gondola whisks skiers and snowboarders up to the slopes above.

Voyager One
The main freight train corridor into the town of Westport, bringing goods from factories around and also in the lower left corner there's one of the narrow entrances into the main harbour.

wallyweb
NEPTUNE NARROWS
A billion eras ago, Oden's Axe fell upon Nirvana Island, cutting it in half, the scar forming Neptune's Narrows. Humanity appeared, the northern people making stuff and the southern people making other stuff. Soon they began trading their stuff for their other stuff and their other stuff for their stuff. Stuff and other stuff moved easily via Neptune's Narrows, but as the years moved along, more and more stuff was traded for other stuff and more and more other stuff was traded for stuff. Eventually Neptune's Narrows became stuffed with stuff and other stuff. Sidings were built to hold the trains and buoys were laid to organize the ships and the Coast Guard helicopter was set out to ensure that stuff and other stuff didn't get stuffed all in Neptune's Narrows. :roll:

Return to “Screenshots”