Screenshot Of The Month Competition Jan 2016 - Mar 2020

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Cashtro420
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - April 2019 - ENTRIES

Post by Cashtro420 »

Hi folks!

I hardly ever play OpenTTD myself but just wanted to say thank you for keeping this game and these forums alive! Been lurking without an account for many years and I love seeing these pixel art masterpieces - the fact that they are also functional in game is amazing :)

Keep up the good work. OpenTTD has a one-of-a-kind community.
BW89
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BW89 »

The most important hub in the Network. 42 of the 92 Trains it stop here. The Town isn't even one of the 10 biggest but because its at the bottleneck between the two biggest metropolitan areas many trains stop there to interchange passangers. The small Airport only has 1/4 of its former destinations because new intercity Trains kept people from flying. Even the last destination is going to be removed in some years due to a planned high speed line. When it is built the Airport will be demolished and the train station will get two more tracks. The Cargo station in the north is only used by 2 Trains due to missing demand.

april2019.png
(695.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet
GuilhermeJK
Engineer
Engineer

Post by GuilhermeJK »

BW89 wrote:The most important hub in the Network. 42 of the 92 Trains it stop here. The Town isn't even one of the 10 biggest but because its at the bottleneck between the two biggest metropolitan areas many trains stop there to interchange passangers. The small Airport only has 1/4 of its former destinations because new intercity Trains kept people from flying. Even the last destination is going to be removed in some years due to a planned high speed line. When it is built the Airport will be demolished and the train station will get two more tracks. The Cargo station in the north is only used by 2 Trains due to missing demand.

april2019.png
Hey, where did you get the wee 3x3 airport from?

Nice photo :)
BW89
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BW89 »

OpenGFX+ Airports v6200
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Here's my entry.

An (almost) normal day at Carlyville-Centre, in 1996. It is the main bus station, the main tramway station, and it also serves as a terminus for some S-Bahn trains heading in the northern suburbs. However, it appears that the kingdom of the trains, that you can barely see down in this picture, seen as Gare de l'Est, with its 34 tracks, is about to fall. The bus station has more regional, or inter-regional buses than urban buses, as these urban buses had their terminuses moved, or in most cases, they merged with other lines and were diverted or were extended to have Carlyville-Centre as a normal stop instead. The urban transport authorities have left the main bus station that serves a city of 250,000 inhabitants to buses that are quite slow, but extremely cheap. Journeys that took 3 hours of your watch but 74£ out of your wallet just became journeys that take 6 hours from your watch, but 14£ from your wallet. And since people prefer spending less money than spending less time, it appears trains have their own decline after their apogee.

And you, do you think mentalities should change ? Do you prefer spending more money but also more time in a beautiful city than less money but also less time in the same city ? Will you always prefer traveling in train, or you think buses are better ? That's what the future will see...
Attachments
Transports Citillois, 1er Déc 1996.png
(1.38 MiB) Not downloaded yet
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

Haven't entered in a long time, so with the open theme I thought I'd enter again, with a screenshot from the current map on my server :D
[+] Spoiler
Here we see the coastal city of Heswall, the furthest hub city on the Heswall Western Rail network. 6 express trains leave every hour to the heart of the land in Kelso, and with many commuter routes sprawling out of the station too, this is one of the busiest areas of the network. There are also half hourly regional trains to the city of Dartford, the only route to be diesel powered in this area of the land.

The steel mill is one of the most active in the country, supplying the network with its sturdy steel, and the last freight sector to still be using the Class 58 locomotives. The steel goes on to be machined into the machinery used in the regions mines and farms, helping the recent growth seen the the region.

Attachments
Heswall Western Rail, 2068-02-26#1.png
(1.77 MiB) Not downloaded yet
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

my entry for this month
Attachments
SOTM May2019.png
(3.13 MiB) Not downloaded yet
andres1555
Engineer
Engineer

Post by andres1555 »

This is Helguera. The complexity of this city made the rails be under the ground. 3 mid-size stations, plus 1 neural big one with 7 lines working on it. Besides, there are 4 subway lines.
My locomotives for passangers are the CRH1 (local) and CRH380. This let me have modern white trains and different secondary color per line. Its so useful. The subway carriages are Washington 7000.
Airports: there are 3. A small one on the picture and another big two on the suburbs.
Buses and lorries: About passangers almost every destination can be reached mixing a train and a subway. Less pollution and noise for an old city with lots of green spaces and palaces.
I´m reorganizing the services. Food and goods arrives to 3 little train stations and it will be trasnfered to the rest of the stations by lorry. The valuable trading works so well. Thre are lots of banks. The mail net works well too.
Attachments
helguera.jpg
(1.51 MiB) Not downloaded yet
mr jj
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mr jj »

my entry: an important and busy city hundreds of years ago
Attachments
IMPERIVM ROMANVM.png
(543.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

... and my entry ...
Montréal - from the CBD to Suburbia.
Attachments
Competition [2019-04] Montréal - CBD to Suburbia.png
(431.99 KiB) Not downloaded yet
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

mr jj wrote:my entry: an important and busy city hundreds of years ago
Looks like we can really play from year 0 in OpenTTD now. How great. :lol:
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

It's funny to look at screenshots of competitors. For me there is not very much understanding of the open topics. There probably expressed a very specific topic - urban landscapes or the urban jungle with various communications. That's honest and looks at the moment. You can somehow use your imagination more widely to make a much greater variety. But from competition to competition, I notice that few of the players decide to deviate from the show to a greater extent of the metropolis or a large city and a railway station (pier, airport). But the current theme allows you to show you everything, and the game itself does not limit this. All screenshots are not much different from each other. Here is only one strongly stands out from mr jj. Although, too, the same city as usually. But the flow is different from the competitor. And yet - I do not think that the screenshots are unsuccessful :D . They're just a lot alike. There are many common features and signs. My opinion :wink: . All the same, and it will continue... This is the logic of thinking :mrgreen: .

Regards, STD.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

A surprisingly large amount of entries, I thought an open theme wouldn't do well but here we are :)

Here's mine:
The station at Mount Tomah lies on the Great River Railroad's main rail corridor through the highlands. One of the highest points on the line, many regional and freight trains pass through here. The new high speed line passes on a nearby alignment, unusual in that it is unelectrified and operates JetTrains which travel far out into the desert.
Attachments
apr19sotm.PNG
apr19sotm.PNG (386.16 KiB) Viewed 862 times
Fredinho
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fredinho »

Making my debut here!
Welcome to the fishing city of Stockton, making its wealth by exporting canned food to the rest of the country. The Stockton Ferry carries cars and passengers across the wide river of Dolores and the main highway is wisely enough put in tunnels under the city, making for much better air quality in the city centre.
[+] Spoiler
Attachments
Fredinho-April.png
(3.85 MiB) Not downloaded yet
skummel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by skummel »

Well - Since it is an open theme

Out deep, deep in the swedish forest
Transporter Inc., 31-10-1900-sm.png
Transporter Inc., 31-10-1900-sm.png (885.95 KiB) Viewed 4798 times
And a big
Attachments
Transporter Inc., 31-10-1900.png
(935.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
How can the same S*** happens to the same guy ----- twice

John McClane
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Here is my screenshot:

The setting is the Fraser River and Thompson River Canyons through the Canadian Rocky Mountains, the most direct route from Eastern Canada to Vancouver, British Columbia on the Pacific Ocean. Canada's two major railroads, Canadian National (CN) and Canadian Pacific (CP) follow this route on opposite sides of the rivers. The canyon walls make it impossible for each railroad to double track for 165 miles between Ashcroft, BC and Mission, BC, consequently they made an agreement to share trackage with CN providing westbound access and CP providing eastbound access. The image shows the Cisco bridges, the truss bridge being CP and the arch bridge CN. We see a CP coal train heading West on the CN track and a CN grain train heading East on the CP track. Both railroads routinely run very long trains of up to 200 wagons, not quite 2 miles in length. An excellent account is available here with the photo that inspired my screenshot. I set the trees to transparent so that you can see the trains.
[+] Spoiler
April 2019 Contest, May 22nd, 2007.png
(3.28 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

More entries than I expected, bolstered by some first time entrants, let's welcome them!

acs121
An (almost) normal day at Carlyville-Centre, in 1996. It is the main bus station, the main tramway station, and it also serves as a terminus for some S-Bahn trains heading in the northern suburbs. However, it appears that the kingdom of the trains, that you can barely see down in this picture, seen as Gare de l'Est, with its 34 tracks, is about to fall. The bus station has more regional, or inter-regional buses than urban buses, as these urban buses had their terminuses moved, or in most cases, they merged with other lines and were diverted or were extended to have Carlyville-Centre as a normal stop instead. The urban transport authorities have left the main bus station that serves a city of 250,000 inhabitants to buses that are quite slow, but extremely cheap. Journeys that took 3 hours of your watch but 74£ out of your wallet just became journeys that take 6 hours from your watch, but 14£ from your wallet. And since people prefer spending less money than spending less time, it appears trains have their own decline after their apogee.

And you, do you think mentalities should change ? Do you prefer spending more money but also more time in a beautiful city than less money but also less time in the same city ? Will you always prefer traveling in train, or you think buses are better ? That's what the future will see...

andres1555
This is Helguera. The complexity of this city made the rails be under the ground. 3 mid-size stations, plus 1 neural big one with 7 lines working on it. Besides, there are 4 subway lines.
My locomotives for passangers are the CRH1 (local) and CRH380. This let me have modern white trains and different secondary color per line. Its so useful. The subway carriages are Washington 7000.
Airports: there are 3. A small one on the picture and another big two on the suburbs.
Buses and lorries: About passangers almost every destination can be reached mixing a train and a subway. Less pollution and noise for an old city with lots of green spaces and palaces.
I´m reorganizing the services. Food and goods arrives to 3 little train stations and it will be trasnfered to the rest of the stations by lorry. The valuable trading works so well. Thre are lots of banks. The mail net works well too.

BW89
The most important hub in the Network. 42 of the 92 Trains it stop here. The Town isn't even one of the 10 biggest but because its at the bottleneck between the two biggest metropolitan areas many trains stop there to interchange passangers. The small Airport only has 1/4 of its former destinations because new intercity Trains kept people from flying. Even the last destination is going to be removed in some years due to a planned high speed line. When it is built the Airport will be demolished and the train station will get two more tracks. The Cargo station in the north is only used by 2 Trains due to missing demand.

Emperor Jake
The station at Mount Tomah lies on the Great River Railroad's main rail corridor through the highlands. One of the highest points on the line, many regional and freight trains pass through here. The new high speed line passes on a nearby alignment, unusual in that it is unelectrified and operates JetTrains which travel far out into the desert.

Fredinho
Welcome to the fishing city of Stockton, making its wealth by exporting canned food to the rest of the country. The Stockton Ferry carries cars and passengers across the wide river of Dolores and the main highway is wisely enough put in tunnels under the city, making for much better air quality in the city centre.

FulliAutomatix
Here we see the coastal city of Heswall, the furthest hub city on the Heswall Western Rail network. 6 express trains leave every hour to the heart of the land in Kelso, and with many commuter routes sprawling out of the station too, this is one of the busiest areas of the network. There are also half hourly regional trains to the city of Dartford, the only route to be diesel powered in this area of the land.

The steel mill is one of the most active in the country, supplying the network with its sturdy steel, and the last freight sector to still be using the Class 58 locomotives. The steel goes on to be machined into the machinery used in the regions mines and farms, helping the recent growth seen the the region.

mr jj
my entry: an important and busy city hundreds of years ago

OzTrans
Montréal - from the CBD to Suburbia.

Romazoon
my entry for this month

skummel
Out deep, deep in the swedish forest

wallyweb
The setting is the Fraser River and Thompson River Canyons through the Canadian Rocky Mountains, the most direct route from Eastern Canada to Vancouver, British Columbia on the Pacific Ocean. Canada's two major railroads, Canadian National (CN) and Canadian Pacific (CP) follow this route on opposite sides of the rivers. The canyon walls make it impossible for each railroad to double track for 165 miles between Ashcroft, BC and Mission, BC, consequently they made an agreement to share trackage with CN providing westbound access and CP providing eastbound access. The image shows the Cisco bridges, the truss bridge being CP and the arch bridge CN. We see a CP coal train heading West on the CN track and a CN grain train heading East on the CP track. Both railroads routinely run very long trains of up to 200 wagons, not quite 2 miles in length. An excellent account is available here with the photo that inspired my screenshot. I set the trees to transparent so that you can see the trains.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - April 2019 - VOTING

Post by Emperor Jake »

And we have a tie! Congratulations Romazoon and andres1555!

I'll send out a PM, hopefully they can sort out a theme together soon.
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

Premature? "Poll runs till 2019-05-08 12:17:00"
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Ah damn, I was tired and the poll looks different after I voted since the no re-voting change so I didn't see it was still running. Luckily I didn't remove it.

Pay no attention to tired me, the poll is still running and it's a close race!

Return to “Screenshots”