Screenshot Of The Month Competition Jan 2016 - Mar 2020

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - February 2018

Post by STD »

This is my screenshot on the theme "Transport hub" :D . I decided to show a smaller application without the use of airports and ports, as well as major railway stations. I think that everyone is familiar with this situation, when it is necessary to move from the train to another transport to get to your destination. At the same time, it is not always possible to immediately leave the station. Sometimes you have to wait for the right bus.
Attachments
SOTM_Feb2018_ Transport Hubs.png
Pervomaisk city-district center. Near the city there is a railway connecting neighboring cities with different population. The railway station is a kind of transit point and a transport hub at the local level. On a different distance from Pervomaisk there is a small towns. These cities can only be reached by bus or minibus. Waiting for the arrival of the necessary transport, you can sit at the station or walk around the city and go to the store, supermarket, cafe, cinema, theater, walk along the Central square and alley. Visiting different places of the city depends on when your bus or minibus will depart from the bus station at the station. If your bus arrives the day after the arrival of the train, you can rent a room for the night at the hotel.
(551.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Emperor Jake wrote:TT Screenshot Of The Month Competition

Submissions are currently CLOSED for February 2018.

Current competition theme is TBD

Voting is currently CLOSED for February 2018.

Congratulations to wallyweb for winning the January 2017 competition!
Last edited by Emperor Jake on Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:47 am, edited 94 times in total.
Inconsistencies?
It's touch and go but with a little bit of luck, I should be able to make it under the wire ... if only I could determine where the wire sits. :roll:

Can I take your time machine out for a spin? :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol:
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Just go, you submissions are always awesome, they say !
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

The time machine has carried us back to 1935 Montréal. a burgeoning metropolis of over 10,000 population, that with a harbour, an oil port, an intermodal rail yard, an airport, passenger rail service, and industry to attract future growth, this city finds itself at the center of everything. Montréal is a hub before it's time. :D Bienvenu à Montréal. Le futur c'est ici. (The chamber of commerce made me say that).
Attachments
Sorry for the big picture, but hey! It's a big hub.
Sorry for the big picture, but hey! It's a big hub.
February 2018 Contest, Sep 27th, 1936.png (311.85 KiB) Viewed 810 times
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Spectaculaire ! Renversant ! Vous êtes autant passionné par le Québec que cela ?
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

acs121 wrote:Spectaculaire ! Renversant ! Vous êtes autant passionné par le Québec que cela ?
I have a piece of paper that says I was born in Montréal. 8)
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

wallyweb wrote:
acs121 wrote:Spectaculaire ! Renversant ! Vous êtes autant passionné par le Québec que cela ?
I have a piece of paper that says I was born in Montréal. 8)
Eh bien moi, j'ai un papier qui dit que je suis né à Lausanne !
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Wow, is the month over already?
wallyweb wrote: Inconsistencies?
It's touch and go but with a little bit of luck, I should be able to make it under the wire ... if only I could determine where the wire sits.

I must have forgotten to hit the submit button because I remember fixing that. As for the time machine, it's available here :mrgreen:

Anyway, I'll sneak in an entry before the competition closes. Nine entries so far, pretty good haul!
Forestburg's transport hub consists of a minline rail station served by local and intercity trains. Above the underground platforms is a bus terminal, and across the plaza passengers can transfer to the ferry or tram system.
Attachments
feb18sotm.PNG
feb18sotm.PNG (229.93 KiB) Viewed 810 times
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

A wee last minute entry , Anchorage hub .
Attachments
Grinch Railways, 23rd Apr 1975.png
(424.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Emperor Jake wrote:Wow, is the month over already?
wallyweb wrote: Inconsistencies?
It's touch and go but with a little bit of luck, I should be able to make it under the wire ... if only I could determine where the wire sits.

I must have forgotten to hit the submit button because I remember fixing that. As for the time machine, it's available here :mrgreen:

Anyway, I'll sneak in an entry before the competition closes. Nine entries so far, pretty good haul!
Forestburg's transport hub consists of a minline rail station served by local and intercity trains. Above the underground platforms is a bus terminal, and across the plaza passengers can transfer to the ferry or tram system.
Nice usage of Dutch Stations Addition Set ! I should really thank Quast65 for that Busplatform...
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

The entries are in! A nice round ten, we'll do three votes this time again.

acs121
The enormous conurbation of the two lakes, composed of Kristiinankaupunki, Jurva, Ylojärvi (not seen here), Kokkola (not seen here), Kiiminki, Sulkava, Haapajärvi, Pusula, Multia, Raahe, Siikalatva and Sammatti. All those cities are the house of 309, 673 inhabitants.

Please note : the train line (not the maglev) in Pusula, reaching Multia, is not finished yet.

Emperor Jake
Forestburg's transport hub consists of a mainline rail station served by local and intercity trains. Above the underground platforms is a bus terminal, and across the plaza passengers can transfer to the ferry or tram system.

GarryG
The 2 passenger trains are the XPT north bound and the Brisbane Limited Express south bound.

Pilot
Vöhringen's Hauptbahnhof is the main station of the region. It's station of 16 platforms sees 214 trains calling, with a separate high level and ICE station being somewhat quieter than the mainline platforms. Here, passengers can link to the city centre via a Tram or the Bus, which, in peak times, stop every 2 minutes. Today, is a Sunday though, meaning the station is somewhat quiet compared to it's usual hectic weekday schedule.

LaRoso
Welcome to Vechterode Airport, where Aircrafts, Maglevs, ICEs and TGVs meet

mr jj
DHL Hub at Berlin-Schönefeld Airport

piratescooby
A wee last minute entry , Anchorage hub .

Pyoro
Maybe it'll get me to finish the save and/or the airport GRF ...

STD
Pervomaisk city-district center. Near the city there is a railway connecting neighboring cities with different population. The railway station is a kind of transit point and a transport hub at the local level. On a different distance from Pervomaisk there is a small towns. These cities can only be reached by bus or minibus. Waiting for the arrival of the necessary transport, you can sit at the station or walk around the city and go to the store, supermarket, cafe, cinema, theater, walk along the Central square and alley. Visiting different places of the city depends on when your bus or minibus will depart from the bus station at the station. If your bus arrives the day after the arrival of the train, you can rent a room for the night at the hotel.

wallyweb
The time machine has carried us back to 1935 Montréal. a burgeoning metropolis of over 10,000 population, that with a harbour, an oil port, an intermodal rail yard, an airport, passenger rail service, and industry to attract future growth, this city finds itself at the center of everything. Montréal is a hub before it's time. :D Bienvenu à Montréal. Le futur c'est ici. (The chamber of commerce made me say that).
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - February 2018 - VOTING

Post by acs121 »

Thanks Emperor Jake for giving us 3 options - it's so much better to be able to vote for us and for those who do a great job.
Le choix était difficile cette fois, not more than 10 submissions, and they are all really magnificent, everyone did here a fantastic job.
I regret not having zoomed enough on my screenshot, i think people can barely read station names.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

All screenshots are wonderful and beautiful. It's really hard to make a choice. Thank you Jake for the opportunity to vote for any three screenshots you like. I vote for the Emperor Jake, GarryG and Pyoro screenshots :wink: .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

I quite liked the use of the Fake Airport Objects in the screenshots of Pyoro and mr jj, though the very original use of the European Roadset (or is it Combined Roadset ?) made it so that i'd vote for mr jj.

I also voted for Pilot, and of course, myself, because 1 vote is just one vote, but it can push you to ex-aequo.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

The results are in! Congratulations to Pilot on his very first win! :D (at least since the scoreboard has been kept)

I've sent a PM, we should be provided with a new theme soon.

Here are the final results:

Code: Select all

acs121		   4
Emperor Jake	9
GarryG		   7
Pilot		   15
LaRoso		   4
mr jj		    5
piratescooby	2
Pyoro		    9
STD			   9
wallyweb		 6
----------------
Total		   70
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - March 2018

Post by Pilot »

Oh, wow, I won... first time I can remember in the 6 years I've been entering! Thanks for all the votes :)

Well, I'm bored of seeing major stations, and big city centres, and I'm bored of seeing trees, so, let's go with
The Suburbs
As the topic for March!

Happy Screenshotting! :)
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Damn, Pilot, couldn't you have made your screenshot about 40% worse? It'd have made for a super tense competition ;)
(naw, joking aside; very deserved win. Great shot =) )
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Congrats to Pilot! Well done! :D
Now please excuse me as I must get out my chainsaw and go cut down some old growth trees so that I can develop yet another suburb. 8)

BRRrrrrr! BRRrrrr! Cough! Cough! Sputter! BRRrrrr! ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! CrrrrrrrAAACKKETY!
TIMBERRRRR!
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

My screenshot, first time taking a part in this compilation :) .
Long Island Railroad Hollis station at Jamaica, Queens, New York City in 1991.
Image Image
Sprite artist and NewGRF developer, coding in NML. My projects:
NewGRFs: Not Enough Subways Set | North American Passenger Railroads | Elevated Subway Bridge | Tony Pixel's Subway Equipment Set (frozen)
Screenshots: New York City Subway Episodes
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - March 2018 - ENTRIES

Post by Emperor Jake »

Welcome to the competition, Tony Pixel!

A little early to the party, but yes, entries are now officially open.

Time to build some little boxes on the hillside... :wink:

Return to “Screenshots”