Screenshot Of The Month Competition Jan 2016 - Mar 2020

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
andres1555
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - November 2018 - ENTRIES

Post by andres1555 »

Well I worked in a new central station. The old central station with huge steel frame platform and a classical monumental building, was replaced by a brand new one.

The new station is now 2 blocks away of town center, taking advantage of the position of the railway lines converging to it. The design of the new station has serveral considerations:
- The rails need 62 tiles (from 201 previously)
- The platforms and buildings need 97 tiles (from 204)
- 55 to 90 tiles with parking or paths.
- 125 tiles with grass and trees! (from nothing before)
- A part of the old monumental building was surely reused as shopping center and cultural activities. The rest was demolished to be a park.

Result:
- 33% of the surface is now green space.
- a new park in the town center
- Glass roofed platforms in a temperate climate which involves less air conditioning needings.
- Natural light everywhwere during the day.
- Same (perhapps better) train service.
Attachments
efebee.jpg
(1.43 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

I present Blackfriars station, albeit with only two platforms. This station was redeveloped between 2008 and 2012 to give a new, more modern building for the reinvigorated Thameslink plan and has solar panels on the roof. In this screenshot we see a class 700 arrive on a Northbound service, about to enter the Thameslink tunnels.
Attachments
Blackfriars.png
(174 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

I've been playing NetTrans again, so here's an update from there:
The newly rebuilt station at Mad Rain is covered with a canopy consisting of skylights and solar panels, and it was upgraded to 4 platforms to better serve the stadium and historic castle. Seen pulling into the station is Train 1101, one of the new B-sets in Sprinter livery. The trains as originally delivered from the factory had many issues, including slow acceleration, low capacity and the blue stripe being too thin compared to the S-set Sprinters (seen on the bottom). Fortunately the NetTrans workshops have rectified the issues, added tilt capability and an extra row of blue pixels; and the new B-sets will soon replace various older EMUs (including the T-set seen under the bridge) to increase speeds on passenger lines.
Attachments
sotm-november2018.png
sotm-november2018.png (910.7 KiB) Viewed 791 times
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Sorry all, but I not get chance to enter this months competition as busy with coding and graphic works.

Best of luck to all the contestants.

Cheers
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

In the year 2525 the streets are all paved in the green green grass of home ...
The local authorities have ordained no asphalt, no utility poles or wires, no noxious vehicle fumes ...
All is hidden and all is quiet and all is electric ...
All services are underground with a charging station in every parking spot ...
Windmills power the station, solar panels power the trains ...
All is good, all is green, all is sustainable ...
[+] Spoiler
Screenshot Contest Nov 2018.png
Screenshot Contest Nov 2018.png (1.24 MiB) Viewed 791 times
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

Hoping to get my custom GRF finished before the deadline in 24 hours. I have to say, it's going to be tight, but I might just make it.
andres1555 wrote:Well I worked in a new central station. The old central station with huge steel frame platform and a classical monumental building, was replaced by a brand new one.
Just a general suggestion; use .png files instead of .jpeg files for the screenshot competition. Using .jpeg really effects your image quality.
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

With 1 hour to spare, I present my entry:
The opening of the new line brought with it major renovations for the Urasoe station. The old station building is now outfitted with solar panels on the roof and they installed a small park on top of it to allow the locals to relax while looking over the city. The building's shop is now ran by the multinational expert in urban farming, reducing the need to transport fruit across the island by being able to produce it locally, while also providing the locals with the freshest fruit in town.
The new station building is also outfitted with solar panels, and features an even larger park to allow locals to spend their afternoon doing some exercise while being immersed in nature, in the middle of the concrete jungle.

Custom graphics will be released after voting opens.
Juggynaunt
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Juggynaunt »

Here is my entry.
The newly renovated station of Kill Veneries. It features a new environmental friendly main building. The renovation also made room for a new park just west of the station.
SotM_Nov18.png
(715.64 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Check out my screenshots ---> Here!
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

And here are the entries for Sustainable Stations...

andres1555
Well I worked in a new central station. The old central station with huge steel frame platform and a classical monumental building, was replaced by a brand new one.

The new station is now 2 blocks away of town center, taking advantage of the position of the railway lines converging to it. The design of the new station has serveral considerations:
- The rails need 62 tiles (from 201 previously)
- The platforms and buildings need 97 tiles (from 204)
- 55 to 90 tiles with parking or paths.
- 125 tiles with grass and trees! (from nothing before)
- A part of the old monumental building was surely reused as shopping center and cultural activities. The rest was demolished to be a park.

Result:
- 33% of the surface is now green space.
- a new park in the town center
- Glass roofed platforms in a temperate climate which involves less air conditioning needings.
- Natural light everywhwere during the day.
- Same (perhapps better) train service.

Emperor Jake
The newly rebuilt station at Mad Rain is covered with a canopy consisting of skylights and solar panels, and it was upgraded to 4 platforms to better serve the stadium and historic castle. Seen pulling into the station is Train 1101, one of the new B-sets in Sprinter livery. The trains as originally delivered from the factory had many issues, including slow acceleration, low capacity and the blue stripe being too thin compared to the S-set Sprinters (seen on the bottom). Fortunately the NetTrans workshops have rectified the issues, added tilt capability and an extra row of blue pixels; and the new B-sets will soon replace various older EMUs (including the T-set seen under the bridge) to increase speeds on passenger lines.

Erato
The opening of the new line brought with it major renovations for the Urasoe station. The old station building is now outfitted with solar panels on the roof and they installed a small park on top of it to allow the locals to relax while looking over the city. The building's shop is now ran by the multinational expert in urban farming, reducing the need to transport fruit across the island by being able to produce it locally, while also providing the locals with the freshest fruit in town.
The new station building is also outfitted with solar panels, and features an even larger park to allow locals to spend their afternoon doing some exercise while being immersed in nature, in the middle of the concrete jungle.

Gwyd
I present Blackfriars station, albeit with only two platforms. This station was redeveloped between 2008 and 2012 to give a new, more modern building for the reinvigorated Thameslink plan and has solar panels on the roof. In this screenshot we see a class 700 arrive on a Northbound service, about to enter the Thameslink tunnels.

Juggynaut
The newly renovated station of Kill Veneries. It features a new environmental friendly main building. The renovation also made room for a new park just west of the station.

wallyweb
In the year 2525 the streets are all paved in the green green grass of home ...
The local authorities have ordained no asphalt, no utility poles or wires, no noxious vehicle fumes ...
All is hidden and all is quiet and all is electric ...
All services are underground with a charging station in every parking spot ...
Windmills power the station, solar panels power the trains ...
All is good, all is green, all is sustainable ...
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

It remains to wait until the end of the vote and find out the winner. It is not yet known exactly who they will be in this time.
The gap in the number of votes is minimal. Although it may remain so until tomorrow :) . And it will be interesting to see a new theme that can be traditional or what the winner decides or moderator :wink: . The traditional theme - all that is connected and has to do with Christmas.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

The voting is over. I congratulate with victory screenshot Erato :)) . Waiting for the announcement of the new theme.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

I would like to thank everyone for voting, and of course, for participating. As promised, the custom graphics are freely available for anyone to play around with.
This months theme was interesting, tackling a modern problem. But modern problems require modern solutions. I hope 2019 will bring more interesting challenges like this, but not too many, as not everyone can participate.

I don't know what the exact rules are for choosing a December theme, so I'm waiting for the specifics to roll in. But whatever they'll be, it's going to involve snow.
If I don't have a response in 36 hours I'll just submit the theme I have in mind as is.
STD wrote:The voting is over. I congratulate with victory screenshot Erato :)) . Waiting for the announcement of the new theme.
Thank you!

Good luck to the participants of next month's screenshot competition.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - November 2018 - VOTING

Post by wallyweb »

Nice win Erato. Nice screenshots everybody else. :D
I think our Emperor lives on the opposite side of the planet and is still sleeping, which is strange, considering I think he also lives on the underside of the planet where the days are getting longer and he should be well into morning by now. :mrgreen:
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

We'll wait as usual for our Emperor to get a good night's sleep. After all, a healthy sleep is a sign of a good mood for the whole day. And we don't need a moderator with a bad mood :mrgreen: .
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Congratulations to Erato for his first win! And commiserations to andres1555 and Juggynaut for tying second place, good screenshots all round :)

Here are the final results of the November competition:

Code: Select all

Erato			13
andres1555	 11
Juggynaut	  11
wallyweb		 8
Gwyd			  5
Emperor Jake	3
----------------
Total			51
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - December 2018

Post by Emperor Jake »

Erato has chosen the theme for December... the theme will be...

A White Christmas

Entries are open, let the merriment begin! :D
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - December 2018 - ENTRIES

Post by GarryG »

It doesn't snow in Australia at Christmas so can I be exempted and make a Christmas scenario without snow :D
Soot Happens
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

GarryG wrote:It doesn't snow in Australia at Christmas so can I be exempted and make a Christmas scenario without snow :D
Round up eight albino platypuses and you'll be good to go. :lol:
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

GarryG wrote:It doesn't snow in Australia at Christmas so can I be exempted and make a Christmas scenario without snow :D
Hey, the theme is "A White Christmas", there's no mention of snow at all, so I think you're good to go :P
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

wallyweb wrote:Round up eight albino platypuses and you'll be good to go.
Santa sleigh in Australia is pulled by 6 white kangaroos known as boomers.
Like these.
Boomers-1.png
Boomers-1.png (39.5 KiB) Viewed 5233 times
That isn't my screen shot .. it just to prove Santa uses Kangaroos here and no reindeers. :P
Emperor Jake wrote:Hey, the theme is "A White Christmas", there's no mention of snow at all, so I think you're good to go
Shall see what I can come up with.

Christmas Cheers
Soot Happens

Return to “Screenshots”