Screenshot Of The Month Competition Jan 2016 - Mar 2020

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - June 2018 - ENTRIES

Post by STD »

In this time not less interesting vote turns out. 11 screenshots is also very good :)) . Each competitor has his own vision of the theme. Each screenshot is interesting in its own way :wink: .

My cast of votes are Emperor Jake, GarryG and michael blunck.

I because of poor health could not send here your screenshot (A common cold that can happen any time of the year.). I'm feeling better now :D . And a screenshot just today I was able to do. Anyway, I'll try another time to take part in a new theme :D .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
le_harv
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - June 2018 - VOTING

Post by le_harv »

So does this competition go to a penalty shootout as well? :lol:
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

le_harv wrote:So does this competition go to a penalty shootout as well? :lol:
Oooh! Like in 30 periods of overtime? :lol:
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Looks like GarryG won...
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

acs121 wrote:Looks like GarryG won...
No it doesn't, whilst GarryG is currently in the lead, Voting has not yet ended, and doesn't end until the 9th July (see highlighted part of screenshot below). It's still a close competition, so good luck to all who have entered.
SOTM Voting.PNG
SOTM Voting.PNG (19.16 KiB) Viewed 5581 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Great vote. Until the end it is not known who will be the winner of June 2018. The difference in one vote at the moment still gives nothing. At any time, everything can change. Yes, there is still enough time until the end of the vote :wink: .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

The vote is almost over. There are only a few minutes left. I congratulate with victory screenshot le_harv. Great job done :wink: .
I'm waiting for the announcement of a new theme as usual :D .
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Congratulations to le_harv for a well-deserved victory! :D I've sent a pm, we will hopefully have a new theme soon.

Here are the final results:

Code: Select all

le_harv			 21
romazoon			18
GarryG			  16
michael blunck	16
mr jj			   15
Emperor Jake	  11
Tintinfan		  10
TadeuszD		    8
acs121			   4
brtom    			3
LaRoso			   3
-------------------
Total			  125
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

Thanks all for voting! It was my first time in this thread.

Unfortunatelly, my impressions are poor. It was very unpleasant to see how people vote for their favorite screenshots and after that they change votes to promote potential winners, according to voting statistics... :roll: If this is the idea of "screenshot of the month", I sign out.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

TadeuszD wrote:Thanks all for voting! It was my first time in this thread.

Unfortunatelly, my impressions are poor. It was very unpleasant to see how people vote for their favorite screenshots and after that they change votes to promote potential winners, according to voting statistics... :roll: If this is the idea of "screenshot of the month", I sign out.
I'm sorry you feel that way. However we do have the option to disable re-voting in polls, perhaps we should try it out? How do others feel about this? I'll put up a poll :)

(edit: I said I'd do one regarding the screenshot sizes as well, will do that after)

Back to the competition, le_harv has replied with the theme for July...

Intermodal

An exercise in seeing how containerisation has changed freight transport in the past decades. Get stacking! :D
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I personally do not change my cast vote for the screenshots. But it's not the first time I've noticed this trend that you've written about. And I hate to see it. Because, too, stopped to participate in this topic. In my opinion, if a person has already voted, then let it remain so. And the realistically promote certain winners not very is true.
I think so - let everyone vote only once for a screenshot without the right change decisions. Another thing-remove the ability to vote for your screenshot. This is not technically correct.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

STD wrote:

I personally do not change my cast vote for the screenshots. But it's not the first time I've noticed this trend that you've written about. And I hate to see it. Because, too, stopped to participate in this topic. In my opinion, if a person has already voted, then let it remain so. And the realistically promote certain winners not very is true.
I think so - let everyone vote only once for a screenshot without the right change decisions. Another thing-remove the ability to vote for your screenshot. This is not technically correct.
We cannot remove the ability to not vote for our screenshots. And i don't see the problem in doing it, as anyways now there's 2, sometimes 3 more votes to come with.

However, i do hate this behaviour of people that are first sincere with their own choices, then change their votes to make someone else win. I did cast my vote for you and i kept it like this.

There even are people who look first at the poll results, and then vote for those who have the most...
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - July 2018 - ENTRIES - POLL

Post by wallyweb »

Great contest. Congratulations le harv. Excellent entry and a fine new theme. :D

I never change my vote. I'm all for vote once and be done with it, but irregardless, I will always vote.

@ Emperor Jake - Amazon ran out of boxes for your order for one small bottle of super glue. Hence the 40 foot container in your driveway. :mrgreen:
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

STD wrote:Another thing-remove the ability to vote for your screenshot. This is not technically correct.
Unfortunately there's no way to control that, you'll just have to go by people's word and there's no guarantees there :twisted:

I've put up the poll, you'll notice you can't change your mind once you've voted now. Thinking about it, I'm in favour of this decision as well as it'll make people put more thought into their votes before they cast them. I'm actually surprised people didn't bring this up earlier if they see it as a problem.
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

Emperor Jake wrote:However we do have the option to disable re-voting in polls, perhaps we should try it out?
Sounds good.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

If that is indeed an issue that some people change their vote after they have seen the current voting-results to "rig" the outcome, than I also support disabling re-voting.
For the record, i also never have changed my vote after I submitted it.
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
le_harv
Engineer
Engineer

Post by le_harv »

Wow, I'm blown away, didn't think I had a chance against the superb competition I was up against. I suggest buying lottery tickets. I'd even go so far as to say that surely England will win the World Cup now!

Thank you for the votes and the the competition, I look forward to all the entries for this theme. Good luck everyone.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Congratulation to the winner "le_harv:" and also to too all who take part in the screenshots.

Like the choice for this months theme.

I agree we should not be able to change our votes.

Cheers all
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I will freely admit that I changed my vote. In fact, I changed it several times. I changed it for two reasons. First, I would prefer their not to be tie votes. I changed my vote so as to better push for one winner rather than a split win. Second, given a great submission between a player who has won before and a player who has not won before, I tend to prefer to favor players who have not won the competition before. We have many users on the forms who have participated in this competition for a long time. I would like for many more people to participate, and would like for those people to feel like they have just as much a shot at winning as the veterans, as long as they're submitting quality entries.
trainman1432
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainman1432 »

Why was vote changing a thing, anyway?

Conveniently close to a body of water, a factory is served by a LARGE intermodal terminal. Trains unload grain, livestock, and transfer cargo to the terminal where things are shipped out by freighter through sea and through land via trolleytrucks and trains
Attachments
submit1.PNG
yeehaw
(2.43 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Jetrain
YATTC

Return to “Screenshots”