Screenshot Of The Month Competition Jan 2016 - Mar 2020

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - June 2017 - ENTRIES

Post by Emperor Jake »

Welcome to the competition nodrog289! :)

I'll slip in my entry:
Rusting steam locomotives sit in the siding at Pontardawe awaiting the scrapper's torch. Their replacement, a DMU, pulls out of the station on its morning passenger run. A disused branch extends to the south.
Attachments
jul17sotm.PNG
jul17sotm.PNG (248.5 KiB) Viewed 4884 times
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

And here is my entry:
Quast65_July2017.png
The Mothball Airforce
(858.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Quast65 wrote:And here is my entry:
Quast65_July2017.png
Those helis... they're not just there to look pretty, are they...?
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

kamnet wrote:Those helis... they're not just there to look pretty, are they...?
They're there so you can GET TO DA CHOPPAH!
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Supercheese wrote:They're there so you can GET TO DA CHOPPAH!
:mrgreen:
kamnet wrote:Those helis... they're not just there to look pretty, are they...?
The Apaches are from OpenGFX-graphics (the disaster heli's, the fighterplanes too by the way), these have been coded by the way to function as "normal" aircraft:
https://pikka.users.tt-forums.net/wiki/ ... tle=Apache
The Chinooks are just a recolored version of the AV8-set version (Boeing Vertol 234), by using dual companycolors you should be able to get close to my version:
https://pikka.users.tt-forums.net/wiki/ ... ?title=Av8
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Code: Select all

Should I continue to allow three votes for more than 10 screenshots?
	Yes	91%  [29]
	No	 9%   [3]
Given the overwhelming support in the poll, I was debating on whether to continue the 3 votes thing this round; but since we're just short of 10 entries we'll go back to single votes for now. Either way, it'll be hard to choose with all these wonderful shots! :)

Anyway here are the entries, get voting!

BW89
The ex Low Speed Train Network is replaced with buses and a High speed train but there are still two trains on the heavy damaged tracks.
There are tow Planes on the abandoned Airport.

Emperor Jake
Rusting steam locomotives sit in the siding at Pontardawe awaiting the scrapper's torch. Their replacement, a DMU, pulls out of the station on its morning passenger run. A disused branch extends to the south.

kamnet
A post-war town, once a vital transport link, has been left to abandon and rot. Scrappers have started pulling up sections of track, while the road infrastructure and buildings crumble and decay. Vehicles, no longer needed, are left abandoned in the streets, rusting away.

NCommander
As it turns out, I got a screenshot in my current MP game that works great for the Abandonment theme.

Quote:
The Cockburn branch, built in 1921, is one of the most distinctive pieces abandoned pieces of infrastructure built by the legendary WEWRailroad. Now obsecured in the city of downtown Cockburn, the original station was the first passenger service run by the WWR

Originally built as a shuttle service to connect nearby cities to Cockburn airport, the line was extended northward to Lyon division creating the first connection between WWE's northern and western divisions. Due to single track operations, and sharp corners, only a few trains could pass through day at low speeds over the distinctive twin bridges. The branch line was electrified in 1942, lasting only until 1950 when the new Cockburn station was developed in the south, and passenger service was discontinued to Cockburn Central. The Lanstrend Act provided government funding to build a new dual track line now known as the Empire Connection, bypassing the original 1920 alignment. Goods service lasted until 1960 using the northern division tracks when the Empire Connection was finally completed.

The only sign of the Cockburn branch on the north division is a single crossover near a fruit station.

Despite nearly a decade since the last train rolled over the Twin Bridges, Cockburn Station itself remains in operation serving as a passenger waiting area for streetcars. The tracks and some of the original semaphores have been left in place, though parts of the rails have been stolen by scrappers.

nodrog289
The newly opened Glasgow Transport Museum houses the very first train that 'Don't Freight' purchased.

A 0-8-0 Freight Engine used to carry coal from the nearby mine, over to Stirling Powerplant - but at 25 years old, it now lives a peaceful 'abandoned' lifestyle in the Museum.

Pilot
All that remains of the train station in the village of Geringswalde are the platforms. The station was modernised in 1976, however, was soon abandoned in 1978 when there was a mass exodus from the town following the collapse of the local mining industry. Whilst trains still thunder through at speeds exceeding 200km/h, they no longer stop in the sleepy village. Over the years, the shelters and passenger information displays have been removed, and the steps to the underpass bricked up. Upon closure of the station, the loop line, which allowed express trains to pass stopping trains here was also taken out of use, and whilst officially still a part of the network, is now devoid of track, having been stolen by those hoping to make what little cash there is still to make in the village. The little bus that now services the village every Tuesday (to allow people to the Market in nearby Gundelsheim) can be seen just underneath the railway bridge, whilst a Regio Express train, on one of the services that used to stop here, blasts through the site of the former station.

piratescooby
The abandoned village of Ogri'la being repopulated thanks to the two new factories.

Quast65
The Mothball Airforce

SwissFan91
Sheerness-on-Sea Railway Station, 2017 & 1940. Once a bustling terminal for holidaymakers and industry, Sheerness-on-Sea is now almost abandoned with only two Southeastern trains per hour to Sittingbourne for a connection to London.
luxtram
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - July 2017 - VOTING

Post by luxtram »

I think that multiple choices option should also apply when there are less than 10 screens (maybe up to 7).
California City Sets viewtopic.php?t=76786
1000 building set viewtopic.php?t=75250
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I vote for a screenshot SwissFan91. For me it best reflects the theme of the competition: as it was earlier in the area; what has changed over time.
Although other screenshots are very good, frankly speaking. This is my opinion :wink: .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I congratulate with the victory screenshot Emperor Jake :)) . I was surprised when your screenshot has become to score the most number of votes. At first I thought your screenshot will be able to compete with other screenshots. But they were left far behind. Although there were those who could fight for the victory. Well done :D . At the moment you are the leader by number of wins.

I wonder what theme will you choose this time :wink: .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Wow, I genuinely wasn't expecting to win this one :) Some of you design specially made screenshots with a lot of effort (I had a hard time choosing between Quast65 and SwissFan91's entries) and I just snap something out of one of my recent games...

Anyway, I swear I haven't been rigging the votes :P

Final results:

Code: Select all

Emperor Jake	10
kamnet		   4
piratescooby	4
Quast65		  4
SwissFan91	  4
BW89		     1
Pilot		    1
NCommander	  0
nodrog289	   0
I think for this month's theme we'll go for...

Heavy Haulage
For any mode of transport carrying larger-than-usual loads... get hauling! :D
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Good theme :)) . Here are different examples: long freight locomotive, dump trucks of large capacity, large ships (bulk carriers, tankers and others). I really like this theme :D . I'll try to do something later and send a finished screenshot.

----
The information on the TT Screenshot of the Month updated according to the latest voting :) !
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - August 2017 - ENTRIES

Post by Pyoro »

I agree. Now to create a freight train transporting Your Mother ... Image
Comm Cody
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Comm Cody »

Heavy Haul?

That's literally all my games.

I'll toss my hat in the ring this month.
Attachments
National Rail, May 22nd, 1927.png
From the lowly docks, several Crocodile locomotives await more coal or iron ore to transport up to the steel mill in the hill. The steel will then travel back down to the metal processing plant and be turned into goods to be transported around the map. These are the longest trains run by National Rail, stretching 14 tiles long and always clogging up the mainline. To fill these trains, several ships loaded with Iron Ore and transfer coal trains unload in this yard to condense the number of trains heading up the pass.

They make good money though.
(816.66 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Something goes here, hell if I know.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I've spent enough time thinking about what i can show in the screenshot. Here is my solution :D :arrow: :
Attachments
SOTM_August2017_Heavy Haulage.png
Two electrified railways - trunk electrified DC railroad (140 km/h) and high-speed electrified DC railroad (250 km/h). Trunk electrified DC railroad is used for the movement of freight trains of large capacity, carrying different cargoes (coal, sand, limestone, scrap and others). High-speed electrified DC railroad is used for the movement of passenger express EVS1 "Sapsan" between cities and small towns. The area to the right and to the left very beautiful: wheat fields (now it is time to start harvesting wheat), deciduous forest with a lake.
(387.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I wonder how many people will send screenshots of the current theme? The month will soon end :wink: . It seems like the theme is not difficult. Probably many in this time are very busy and do not have enough free time to play. I hope that at least 5 participants will be this time :) .
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Heavy Haulage
Network Rail, 10th Oct 2042.png
Stratford Area.
(426.59 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Heavy haulage of passengers around Olympic Park in Stratford, London. Eurostar and Javelin services can be seen running out of the low-level Stratford International while above ground 'DLR', London Overground & Underground, TfL and Abellio Greater Anglia services can be seen.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

Barts Heavy Haulers, 7th Oct 2093.png
(1.45 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Heavy [ Tram ] Haulage
Barts Heavy Hauliers Making the most of the heavy hauling capabilities of trams as well as trains ,for transfers and for deliveries .
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Haven't been playing much lately (thanks to Factorio) so I'll slip one in from an older Japanese game..

A busy freight line crosses over a busy passenger line at Asahikawa. Heavy haulage of passengers and freight abound.

Entries are closing in a few hours, in case there are any last-minute stragglers :)
Attachments
aug17sotm.PNG
aug17sotm.PNG (366.32 KiB) Viewed 684 times
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Sorry for the delay but I had to wait for the train to load.

We have a three M636 diesel head with two helpers mid train and one pusher on the end moving 162 wagons each containing 47 tonnes of iron ore for a total of 7614 tonnes from Campbellton Mines bound for Port Campbellton Terminal to be loaded and shipped to the foundries at Hamilton. The challenge is moving downhill across an old wood trestle and an even older covered bridge where the maximum speed has to be held to 35 k/h.
August 2017 Contest.png
August 2017 Contest.png (111.13 KiB) Viewed 684 times
Comm Cody
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Comm Cody »

I'm sure the two river crossing are unneeded unless you're going Hell on Wheels for land grants.

:P

Looks neat.
Something goes here, hell if I know.

Return to “Screenshots”