Screenshot Of The Month Competition Jan 2016 - Mar 2020

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - February/March 2017 - ENTRIES

Post by ISA »

As we all know, some people still try to keep alive the steam era. Below a shot what is trying to represent that...
Attachments
Union Pacific's special moving the Big Boy from southern California to Wyoming nears the end of its first day. Hundreds of railfans and additional hundreds of curious non-fans witnessed this unusual move between West Colton Yard and Yermo, the first leg of eight days of slow and steady rolling eastward.
Union Pacific's special moving the Big Boy from southern California to Wyoming nears the end of its first day. Hundreds of railfans and additional hundreds of curious non-fans witnessed this unusual move between West Colton Yard and Yermo, the first leg of eight days of slow and steady rolling eastward.
Clipboard02.png (16.23 KiB) Viewed 4186 times
Pontec
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pontec »

The busy station in Glasgow May 1883
Attachments
Steam.png
Steam.png (337.86 KiB) Viewed 4125 times
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Finally ... my entery. :mrgreen:

The Age of Steam - The End Of An Era!
Feb. - Mar. 2017 Contest.png
Feb. - Mar. 2017 Contest.png (119.11 KiB) Viewed 740 times
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

And on a similar theme, here's my entry:

It is the late 1960s. The Glyn Island Railway desperately clings to steam power, using whatever equipment is still available to work the freight harbour. They even went so far as to build diesel-shaped steamers for the appearance of modernity on their heavy freight runs. Meanwhile on the mainline, a shiny diesel pulls into the station with the express.

As for the voting, I think we have enough entries and we've waited long enough. I'll put up the votes in a few hours, tomorrow at the latest. :)
Attachments
mar17sotm.PNG
mar17sotm.PNG (402.77 KiB) Viewed 740 times
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Could you fit in one more?
Attachments
warszawa.png
Poland, the 1950s: Except for local freight duties, steam is still king. An express leaves Warsaw for Łódz, while a local to Lublin and a mixed to Brest prepare for departure.
(1.81 MiB) Not downloaded yet
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
N8king
Engineer
Engineer

Post by N8king »

Hi Steampunks!

Here is my contribution to steam povered vehicles:

Cheers!
Attachments
Baker & Co., 1. Jan 1957.png
Just steam.
(415.07 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Mr Bruco
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mr Bruco »

yarrr! I am always late .. ヽ( ̄(エ) ̄)ノ
Attachments
Rutbridge Works.png
Rutbridge Works decided to build a new railway line near the new car plant, given the growing interest in diesels.
(1.46 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Eleven entries over two months, plus some latecomers who only just made it, not bad! And a warm welcome to our first time entrants :)

Here are the entries for Feb-Mar 2017: "The Age of Steam", let's get voting! :D

Emperor Jake
It is the late 1960s. The Glyn Island Railway desperately clings to steam power, using whatever equipment is still available to work the freight harbour. They even went so far as to build diesel-shaped steamers for the appearance of modernity on their heavy freight runs. Meanwhile on the mainline, a shiny diesel pulls into the station with the express.

ISA

leifbk
From my spacious archive I dug up this, the Sørheim Steel work anno 1901. Plenty of steam here, thanks to Andy's gorgeous creations.

Mr Bruco
Rutbridge Works decided to build a new railway line near the new car plant, given the growing interest in diesels.

n8king
Just steam.

oberhümer
Poland, the 1950s: Except for local freight duties, steam is still king. An express leaves Warsaw for Łódz, while a local to Lublin and a mixed to Brest prepare for departure.

Pontec
The busy station in Glasgow May 1883

Pyoro
Haven't been playing lately but might as well post something from an old save.

STD
<no caption>

Supercheese
A steamy day at the seaside town of Kellogg. Regular passenger services run to and from the train station, hauled by powerful 4-6-4 Hudson locomotives -- one of the newer, streamlined models is just pulling in.
A paddle steamer approaches the docks from a distance as fishing ships pull up alongside a freighter nearer the harbor. A mighty Short Empire seaplane has just landed, and its passengers will soon alight on the pier amidst the cries of circling seagulls.
To cap it all off, a majestic Hindenburg-class airship dominates the skies over the sea. Truly, there is no more glorious craft in all the earth, and its majesty may very well never be surpassed.
An earlier model of airship also flies over the town -- unable to compete with the Hindenburg-class at passenger duties, it has been converted for ferrying supplies to far-flung industries. Farmers and miners across the nation are treated to regular shipments of needed goods via airship.
One might theorize that surely this scene represents the pinnacle of technology, but the winds of change are yet blowing. The Electro-Motive Division has begun shipments of its E-unit locomotives for express passenger duties; dual pairs of these locomotives are already in express passenger service and might one day pass through Kellogg station...

wallyweb
The Age of Steam - The End Of An Era!
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Congratulations to the screenshot leifbk. I think it's a deserved win, my vote after some deliberation between all of the screenshots were given to it for this screenshot :D . In my opinion, in this screenshot the most successfully implemented the theme "The Age of Steam".
The results of the vote are listed on the Wiki (link in my signature).
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

STD wrote:Congratulations to the screenshot leifbk. I think it's a deserved win, my vote after some deliberation between all of the screenshots were given to it for this screenshot :D . In my opinion, in this screenshot the most successfully implemented the theme "The Age of Steam".
The results of the vote are listed on the Wiki (link in my signature).
Thank you, STD, and thanks to all who voted for my screenshot. I feel grateful and honored.

I am also very pleased to see that it's possible to win this competition without showing off massive and complex train stations :)

If I may suggest a theme for the next round, I'd like to go for Shipping.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - February/March 2017 - VOTING

Post by Emperor Jake »

Congratulations for a well-deserved win to leifbk! And also thanks for getting the theme out quickly too, hopefully we can go back to one month this time. :)

Here are the final results of the poll:

Code: Select all

leifbk	      6
wallyweb	    4
Mr Bruco	    3
oberhümer	   3
Supercheese	 2
Emperor Jake	1
n8king	      1
Pyoro	       1
ISA	         0
Pontec	      0
STD	         0
Now the entries are open, so let's get shipping!
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - February/March 2017 - VOTING

Post by STD »

I am also glad for the quick choice of theme. I hope that this time will be at least 4-5 screenshots. The theme is a general and extensive. Good choice, leifbk :D .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - April 2017 - ENTRIES

Post by colossal404 »

Quast65 noticed me that this month's theme is shipping... What a fortunate choice, I've got a game that just match the theme :wink:
Attachments
ships crossing.png
Shipping canals in a different way
(977.56 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

My entry for this month - heavy shipping between islands...
Attachments
SOTM0417_VoyagerOne.PNG
(311.56 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

Selection_038.png
Selection_038.png (1 MiB) Viewed 740 times
One of my favourite harbours, the Stakskog bulk terminal and scrap yard compound. The year is 2173, and the harbour has recently been expanded.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

leifbk wrote:I'd like to go for Shipping.
Just to confirm, the theme this month isn't solely restricted to ships, but also the shipping of goods, cargoes, etc?
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

Pilot wrote:Just to confirm, the theme this month isn't solely restricted to ships, but also the shipping of goods, cargoes, etc?
I was primarily thinking of shipping as "transport on water", but then, I don't make the rules around here :)

I realise that "shipping" in a broader meaning may cover any kind of transport, but then the theme becomes so diluted that it won't make much sense at all IMO.
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

leifbk wrote:
Pilot wrote:Just to confirm, the theme this month isn't solely restricted to ships,
"transport on water"
Or in air... I mean airships and spaceships... They have the "ship" in their names :D
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Don't forget about the four-legged ships that go "baa".
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Pilot wrote:
leifbk wrote:I'd like to go for Shipping.
Just to confirm, the theme this month isn't solely restricted to ships, but also the shipping of goods, cargoes, etc?
Actually everyone's been wrong so far; this month you're supposed to pick your favorite couple/OTP and argue intensely in favor of the pairing... :roll: :wink:
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton

Return to “Screenshots”