Screenshot Of The Month Competition Jan 2016 - Mar 2020

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - August 2018 - ENTRIES

Post by wallyweb »

I am Ninja'd then. :oops:

Meanwhile ...
rules wrote:Use of graphics programs to enhance screenshots (aka "Photoshopping") is permitted to an extent. Heavy editing (things not normally possible in the game) is only allowed if the competition theme calls for it.
Both parts of le_harv's entry are possible in the game and each part describes a part of the theme.
mr jj
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mr jj »

My entry:
Attachments
SOTM, Aug 31th, 2018.png
Kiev was having many people using bus transportation every day, overloading the bus lines. As a way to avoid this, a suburban railroad was created, greatly reducing the overload on the bus lines.
(529.28 KiB) Not downloaded yet
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

wallyweb wrote:I am Ninja'd then. :oops:

Meanwhile ...
rules wrote:Use of graphics programs to enhance screenshots (aka "Photoshopping") is permitted to an extent. Heavy editing (things not normally possible in the game) is only allowed if the competition theme calls for it.
Both parts of le_harv's entry are possible in the game and each part describes a part of the theme.
As you mention the rules :
Rules wrote: [...] constitutes multiple screenshots and breaks the following rule.
Only one entry per participant. Entries may be withdrawn or replaced at any time before the deadline.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

acs121 wrote: As you mention the rules :
Rules wrote: [...] constitutes multiple screenshots and breaks the following rule.
Only one entry per participant. Entries may be withdrawn or replaced at any time before the deadline.
[as a slideshow] constitutes multiple screenshots and breaks the following rule.
le_harv's submission is not a slideshow.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

It still constitutes multiple, different screenshots. Thus they are not allowed.
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

I'll slip this one in , Busy Tuningden Green , about to merge into Wrintminster .
Attachments
Fort Stanley Transport, 09-07-2046.png
(2.04 MiB) Not downloaded yet
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

Thanks to its brewery, Myrtdokka is a thriving city, and has recently spawned a suburb across the Myrtsund bridge, on the fields of the nearby Knarvang farm producing grain for the brewery. Big hopper trucks filled with sand are heading for the nearby Knarvang glass work, while flatbed trucks filled with bottles and window panes are going in the other direction.
Selection_050.png
(1.23 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Regarding le_harv's entry:

I'll allow it because while it is two screenshots, they share a common element (the train) and it's relevant to the theme. We've had similar entries before, showing two screenshots with a common element, such as "before and after" shots - see SwissFan's entry here.

I'll be back soon to set up the voting :)
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

And the entries are in! A welcome for our new contestant, ucetcislo1 :)

acs121
Bergers is a city founded on a lake dividing the city in two parts : north, mainly residential, which is the area you can see in the panoramic view, and south, that you cannot see here, aind mainly commercial/industrial. It counts over 270,000 inhabitants. While the city was very small until the 60s, a then-new station was opened on the north side of the city, making it only grow faster. By 1974, a tram line going to the western suburbs was opened. In 1978, a high-speed line opened, so a new light rail line was built. You can see it at the right of the picture. The same year, another tramway line opened to Colverdey. You can see it going at the top of this picture.

What made the city grow even faster, is two local railway lines. See the station near the court ? Well, a local line used to start from here. What further ? In 1984, a tunnel was built under the city and a new bridge through the lake was opened. This line then goes to the older station on the southern part of the city, from where starts another former local railway lines. The line then became an RER, standing for Réseau Express Régional (same as S-Bahn) as a branch was opened north of the city to the airport. Line S1 shares its southern terminus with line S2, while line S1 goes to the airport and line S2 to the northern suburbs. Both lines are quite congested as the road bridges connecting the northern part to the southern one are congested too, leaving the RER line congested with passengers too.

Let's hope you could enjoy your stay at Bergers !

Chataigne
Here is the port city of Flavia. The old town developed at first in a valley overlooking the sea, then a first suburb composed of tall tower of apartments was built on the heights, so that finally a new suburb of small individual house has extended further east. These different parts of the city are of course connected by an urban train for people wishing to go from one place to another in the city.

Emperor Jake
The Muallt Viaduct connects the city of Llanfair-ym-Muallt with its suburbs of Abermaw and Llandudno. Steam power is still going strong on the island even into the early seventies, a little tank engine with a stock train is seen passing a suburban EMU.

GarryG
This is Hawkesbury River Station. Located 35 miles 53 chains or 57.393 km north of Sydney. It is part of the Sydney outer metropolitan suburbs.
The town is actually called Brooklyn and the station is named after the River.

You have a double decker electric on platform 1 bound for Sydney. The Newcastle Flyer with a 38 class steam heading towards the Long Island Tunnel bound for Newcastle.
In the crossing loop waiting for the Flyer to pass is a mixed goods with double header 46 class electrics also heading to Newcastle. Over in the loco depot is a 36 class steam recoaling.

le_harv
Weary commuters pull out of one of the suburban service platforms of one of the main termini in downtown Gridland. Glancing out of the window they can see the intercity services arriving and departing under the colossal glass roof in a sea of dense brown buildings. As they leave the city centre the views start to open out as the buildings get less dense, arriving at the simple but familiar suburban station they left that morning, signifying they are almost home.

leifbk
Thanks to its brewery, Myrtdokka is a thriving city, and has recently spawned a suburb across the Myrtsund bridge, on the fields of the nearby Knarvang farm producing grain for the brewery. Big hopper trucks filled with sand are heading for the nearby Knarvang glass work, while flatbed trucks filled with bottles and window panes are going in the other direction.

mr jj
Kiev was having many people using bus transportation every day, overloading the bus lines. As a way to avoid this, a suburban railroad was created, greatly reducing the overload on the bus lines.

piratescooby
I'll slip this one in , Busy Tuningden Green , about to merge into Wrintminster .

Tony Pixel
Typical suburban beach corner in USA

ucetcislo1
my gifs

wallyweb
The island of Montréal has no room to expand. Growth must expand to the suburbs ... the islands of Québec and Dorval.
An efficient transit system is required to attract new residents. Bridges for buses were built, but there was too much traffic. The ferry service was cute, but it was too slow. Trams were considered but that would require that the streets be rebuilt to accommodate the tracks, not to mention that trams hinder traffic and they do not pull over to the curb. The transit commission opted for a suspended monorail system and the citizens were very supportive and the suburbs started to grow. It's a Sunday and there is very little traffic, a good day for the remote flying thingy (a go-pro drone :wink: ) to fly up and get us a good picture.
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - August 2018 - VOTING

Post by Tony Pixel »

Hmeh, my shot is too emty in environment plan :(
Image Image
Sprite artist and NewGRF developer, coding in NML. My projects:
NewGRFs: Not Enough Subways Set | North American Passenger Railroads | Elevated Subway Bridge | Tony Pixel's Subway Equipment Set (frozen)
Screenshots: New York City Subway Episodes
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I didn't have time to send my screenshot here for the competition. The new scenario is not yet complete (still a few small details left to add me). But I'm glad that this time 11 very good screenshots are involved :D . In this case, each voter has the right to give three votes for three different screenshots. I like that people do not lose interest in participation :wink:.
I was thinking about who to give my three votes to. And method more careful reflection decided to do so - Emperor Jake, le_harv and leifbk :D .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
andres1555
Engineer
Engineer

Post by andres1555 »

Damm I just registered yesterday. When will the next Competition be?
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

andres1555 wrote:Damm I just registered yesterday. When will the next Competition be?
After the voting for this one ends and the winner chosen a new theme. So logically around 10-11th of September.
alxfa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by alxfa »

Sorry if this is a stupid question - I can see the poll, but where do I see the screenshots?
Would be great if they were compiled as links from the first post of the thread or something similar :)
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

alxfa wrote:Sorry if this is a stupid question - I can see the poll, but where do I see the screenshots?
Would be great if they were compiled as links from the first post of the thread or something similar :)
The individual entries for this month's competition starts here: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=74447&start=800#p1211342

In addition, the competition admin Emperor Jake has posted all entries compressed to 800 by 600 pixels in a single post here: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=74447&start=820#p1212549
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Well. The vote ended :) . Congratulations to a screenshot of Chataigne :) .
I'm waiting for the announcement of a new theme :wink: .
Hey, Jake, don't delay the official announcement of the results :mrgreen: .

Information on the TT Screenshot of the Month page was updated a few minutes ago :wink: .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Congrats Chataigne, you really deserved it. Honestly.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

acs121 wrote:Congrats Chataigne, you really deserved it. Honestly.
Agreed, it was a beautiful screenshot and a worthy winner. :bow:
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

The funny thing - the winner doesn't report a new theme. And the moderator somewhere gone missing :mrgreen: . It's not beautiful. We all understand that everyone has their own problems and different things to do :D . Future participants need a new theme to think about what can be shown in the screenshot. And it takes some time. Please do not hesitate with the official announcement of the winner and the new theme :wink: .

Return to “Screenshots”