Screenshot Of The Month Competition Jan 2016 - Mar 2020

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - July 2018 - ENTRIES - POLL

Post by GarryG »

kamnet wrote:I will freely admit that I changed my vote. In fact, I changed it several times.
Maybe a method in your madness :D

Maybe change votes could be allowed except for the last few days of voting. :roll:

Shame we cant change our votes when voting for politicians when they not keeping their promises, kick them out before their term is up. :D

Cheers
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

GarryG wrote:Shame we cant change our votes when voting for politicians when they not keeping their promises, kick them out before their term is up. :D
You'd have to wash your foot if you did that. :mrgreen:
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

I'll wear my steel capped safety boots.
Soot Happens
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

The response to the question "should re-voting be disabled?" is overwhelmingly Yes, with 27 votes and No at 6 votes.

The people have spoken, so I'll disable re-voting from now on. :twisted:

Now there was going to be a poll regarding the screenshot sizes, regarding that discussion a few pages back. However in the last round, there weren't any entries which I felt were too big, so I'd rather not put in any size restrictions so I'll change the rule to discourage too large entries, as they can't be placed inline very well because this may break the table on some browsers and cause long loading times.

edit: I realised I still had the first post saying "closed"... so to reiterate: submissions are open and the theme is Intermodal! :D
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - July 2018 - ENTRIES

Post by GarryG »

Container Terminals near Newcastle.
Attachments
GarryG.png
(1.03 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Soot Happens
le_harv
Engineer
Engineer

Post by le_harv »

Containerisation has changed the consist of the trains that regularly traverse these mountains. Huge long trains full of containerised goods make their way from the western ports with goods from the Far East for distribution across the rest of the nation. These container trains are so long that one end will still be entering the tunnel as the front exits. Quite the spectacle inspired by the Spiral Tunnels in the Rocky Mountains.
Attachments
Spiralised Containers.png
(538.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

A busy day at the docks. Cargo is transshipped between road, rail and sea in this sprawling freight terminal.
Attachments
JGR Intermodal Freight.png
(1.54 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Good to see you here JGR!

Here's my entry:
the harbour and foundry at Pokrov, where transshipment occurs between river boats, trains and trucks. Goods from the foundry are transported near and far by the various transport methods - out to sea by ship, to the nearby cities by truck, and to distant inland cities by train. An empty steel train pulls out of the station and a busy mainline passes nearby.
Attachments
JUL18SOTM.PNG
JUL18SOTM.PNG (227.94 KiB) Viewed 5815 times
kjuao9
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kjuao9 »

During the 60s, the most common form of transport goods by the company is by containers. Goods arrived from ships to be redistributed by trains to big cities, and by trucks to industries.
Attachments
Swiss Federal Railway, 10 Jan 1973.png
(482.07 KiB) Not downloaded yet
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Hey,

I won't be participating this month, so don't worry, i simply didn't have anything to enter :wink:
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I, too, has no suitable screenshots to participate in the current theme :wink: .
Good luck to all those who have already sent their screenshots :D . Decent and interesting screenshots.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
mr jj
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mr jj »

A river port in a metal fabrication plant. The metal that come is transformed in goods. Nowadays is possible to transport almost every kind of cargo in containers, in a intermodal way.
Attachments
SOTM_jul_mrjj.png
(787.96 KiB) Not downloaded yet
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

A long long time ago in the future, the City of Ottawa found itself a victim of "climate change" and became a seaport which resulted in a scattering of docks and small harbours. Something had to be done. In their eminent wisdom, the local authorities accepted a bribe and contracted wallyweb Engineering to design a solution. The proposal was to develop an offshore island as an intermodal terminal, but there was no island. Here we see progress in the creation of an island, conveniently located close to company headquarters. A new channel had to be dredged and the stones and sand were used to build the island. Metal and lumber and supplies arrive at temporary docks, some by train to a shunting station (upper left). Lumber is being used for wooden staging in preparation for a proper rail bridge. Adjacent to that we see the temporary causeway for road access. It will be replaced by something nice and modern. Next to that we see the beginnings of a suspended monorail which will connect to a site control center yet to be erected. Note the old harbour crane next to the steel dock. It was bought at auction from a now sunken city and is being used to train staff in preparation for the installation of new cranes more appropriate to container handling.
Ottawa Intermodal Terminal<br />Aerial View
Ottawa Intermodal Terminal
Aerial View
July 2018 Contest.png (86.67 KiB) Viewed 5663 times
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Emperor Jake wrote: edit: I realised I still had the first post saying "closed"... so to reiterate: submissions are open and the theme is Intermodal! :D
And, BTW, you have still the first post saying "Submissions are currently OPEN for June 2018." :p
Transition period for Rondhattan Ridge harbour. The process of change toward containerisation is in full swing, and very soon the traditional piece goods handling will fade into insignificance.
Transition period for Rondhattan Ridge harbour. The process of change toward containerisation is in full swing, and very soon the traditional piece goods handling will fade into insignificance.
Rondhattan Ridge Transport, 14. Apr 1991.png (117.49 KiB) Viewed 5577 times
regards
Michael
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I did find a screenshot of my newest game I started recently :D . So here's my screenshot for the competition :arrow: :
SOTM0718_STD_Intermodal.png
The paper mill is located on the coast of the Ob river. There is a large cargo terminal for the transportation of goods from the factory by different modes of transport to the destination: ships, trucks and freight trains.
(460.13 KiB) Not downloaded yet
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

A bit late, but here's a purpose built port I made for the competition.
I'm a bit of an intermodal enthusiast I must admit, I love containers! :D
Screenshot comp entry - Julu 18.png
(3.41 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

The entries are in! Several new contestants this round, a warm welcome to them! :D

Emperor Jake
the harbour and foundry at Pokrov, where transshipment occurs between river boats, trains and trucks. Goods from the foundry are transported near and far by the various transport methods - out to sea by ship, to the nearby cities by truck, and to distant inland cities by train. An empty steel train pulls out of the station and a busy mainline passes nearby.

FulliAutomatix
A bit late, but here's a purpose built port I made for the competition.
I'm a bit of an intermodal enthusiast I must admit, I love containers! :D

GarryG
Container Terminals near Newcastle.

JGR
A busy day at the docks. Cargo is transshipped between road, rail and sea in this sprawling freight terminal.

kjuao9
During the 60s, the most common form of transport goods by the company is by containers. Goods arrived from ships to be redistributed by trains to big cities, and by trucks to industries.

le_harv
Containerisation has changed the consist of the trains that regularly traverse these mountains. Huge long trains full of containerised goods make their way from the western ports with goods from the Far East for distribution across the rest of the nation. These container trains are so long that one end will still be entering the tunnel as the front exits. Quite the spectacle inspired by the Spiral Tunnels in the Rocky Mountains.

mr jj
A river port in a metal fabrication plant. The metal that come is transformed in goods. Nowadays is possible to transport almost every kind of cargo in containers, in a intermodal way.

michael blunck

STD
The paper mill is located on the coast of the Ob river. There is a large cargo terminal for the transportation of goods from the factory by different modes of transport to the destination: ships, trucks and freight trains.

trainman1432
Conveniently close to a body of water, a factory is served by a LARGE intermodal terminal. Trains unload grain, livestock, and transfer cargo to the terminal where things are shipped out by freighter through sea and through land via trolleytrucks and trains

wallyweb
A long long time ago in the future, the City of Ottawa found itself a victim of "climate change" and became a seaport which resulted in a scattering of docks and small harbours. Something had to be done. In their eminent wisdom, the local authorities accepted a bribe and contracted wallyweb Engineering to design a solution. The proposal was to develop an offshore island as an intermodal terminal, but there was no island. Here we see progress in the creation of an island, conveniently located close to company headquarters. A new channel had to be dredged and the stones and sand were used to build the island. Metal and lumber and supplies arrive at temporary docks, some by train to a shunting station (upper left). Lumber is being used for wooden staging in preparation for a proper rail bridge. Adjacent to that we see the temporary causeway for road access. It will be replaced by something nice and modern. Next to that we see the beginnings of a suspended monorail which will connect to a site control center yet to be erected. Note the old harbour crane next to the steel dock. It was bought at auction from a now sunken city and is being used to train staff in preparation for the installation of new cranes more appropriate to container handling.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I congratulate with the victory screenshot FulliAutomatix :D . Everything is done perfectly and with taste. Excellent port industrial zone :)) .
I'm waiting for the announcement of the new theme :wink:. In this time i didn't vote for screenshots. I just watched the outcome of the vote. I thought this time it would be a tie :) . But the winner beat the nearest competitor by two votes.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - July 2018 - VOTING

Post by wallyweb »

This is Ground Control to Emperor Jake
We finally have the votes
And the players want to know what theme you and FulliAutomatix share
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

Sorry David but the oddity of this parody is that it's all in good fun. :lol:
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - July 2018 - VOTING

Post by FulliAutomatix »

I know the winner decides the next theme, but I don't know how the system works.
So I'll just say what I suggested to EmperorJake:
City Suburbs

Return to “Screenshots”